Wilder / Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I just don’t see us having the players for a back 4.

We don’t have any wingers. Every manager has tried to take us away from a back 5 and they all revert back too it.
But we are In need of a rebuild so surely this summer is the perfect time to reset an reshape the squad.

Holgate very nearly cost us a goal when he went walkabout at the edge of his box, tried to impress and lost possession, luckily for us a Liverpool player was too busy thinking of which hub caps to nick and we managed to win it back.

he Would not be value for money as is not much better than an average championship CB that we could pick up on less than £10k / week as he always has one in him and thinks he is better than he is. The centre back equivalent of Norwood

But we are In need of a rebuild so surely this summer is the perfect time to reset a reshape the squad.
Just giving my opinion mate. Obviously management team will sit down see who’s available and who we can get etc.

I do want us to be more fluid like Wolves they will go 433 or go 343 so we could always do with some wingers and be flexible.

This season we have tried 4 and had some success but I think a back 5 with the players in contract will suit us more.

Watching back the highlights on YouTube I get the impression that he is lazy and disinterested. His lack of urgency to get across to prevent Liverpool players getting on the ball and getting off a shot in the box is disappointing.

Holgate has talent, and there is no doubt about that. Its his drive and ambition that are missing. He is in real danger of being another Jack Rodwell.

Wilder has shown once again he has terrible judgement when it comes to signing players. Everton and Southampton fans were very clear just how bad Holgate is. He couldn’t get into either team. Our fans were very clear we did not want Holgate signed. Wilder must have known the views of supporters. In his own bloody minded “I know best” way, he still went ahead with the signing. I don’t believe for one second Holgate was the only option during the transfer window. Wilder wasted the budget when he was last here and it would seem he’s learnt nothing.
Since his last spell with us, Wilder has been a complete failure. He should never have come back and the sooner he’s gone, the better.
I'm not saying you're wrong about Wilder but in all fairness who else was available for nothing or next to nothing. For the last four seasons the three managers we've had have been forced, by the owner to shop in the bargain basement. Peanuts come to mind.

Think we need to retain him he will shine in the champ him and brewster can be 2 of the spine.
Grbic, Holgate, Davies, brewster

Spine of a team…… sponsored by brittle bone society

They once offered me a job on £100,000 a year

Snapped their fuckin hand off😂

He had started to win me round a bit.

However, he has a 5 minute spell yesterday where he scared the life out of me.

Went off plan on the free kick and played everyone onside, though BBD sleeping defensively again. Then completely let their guy in followed by getting on the wrong side and giving away a pen (which was only a pen if the one at the end is!).

For the money he would want with wages and bonuses, we can do so much better than Holgate.

If he was a cheapish punt on average championship wages then maybe he would be worth bringing in, but I don't see that he will be and he will be overpriced for what he brings to the table. Let him leave at the end of the season, shame his hand and move on to other targets. Preferably someone who can stay switched on and defend for a full game on a consistent basis (and probably on a lot less money).

I'm not saying you're wrong about Wilder but in all fairness who else was available for nothing or next to nothing. For the last four seasons the three managers we've had have been forced, by the owner to shop in the bargain basement. Peanuts come to mind.
Didn’t he actually want Worrall from Forest, but they changed the deal at the last minute, thus backing Wilder into a corner.

Correct…. Worrall was first choice, but Forest played hard ball - never really going to help out a competitor. Worrall was also pissed off and was keen to come here….ended up being shipped out on loan to Greece.

As long as Forest don’t get relegated, he will be he’s next season. He would be great at Championship level - a great vocal leader who would go a long way to sorting our defence out.

My info(as posted before) comes from a ‘well connected’ Forest fan I know who lives / works up here now - no reason to not believe him.

Back
Top Bottom