Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Still wants 3 centre-backs but won't rush in to sign just anyone"

That's fine on the face of it, but Adkins wasn't rushing to sign just anyone for two full transfer windows, and we still ended up with 2 centre backs short of the amount we needed, and the one we did get was a panic bought loan he was pretty much forced in to from supporters, who also turned out to be shite.

This is our plan

Football_Formation_-_Pyramid.png

That's fine on the face of it, but Adkins wasn't rushing to sign just anyone for two full transfer windows, and we still ended up with 2 centre backs short of the amount we needed, and the one we did get was a panic bought loan he was pretty much forced in to from supporters, who also turned out to be shite.

Chris Wilder is NOT Adkins.

The clue is in the names.

Talk about visiting the sins of the fathers........

It's the arrival of that pesky line I'm mildly concerned about.

Did I say he was at all?

You couldn't just leave your 'fine on the face of it' comment and had to add a 'but' then dredge up all the old Adkins criticisms.

What is the point of try to tar CW with your Adkins brush?

He hasn't managed us in a friendly yet, let alone a competitive game but somehow you seem to be dumping Adkins transfer dealings on him.

The thread is 'Updates from Wilder' and not 'Where did Adkins go wrong in his signings'.

You couldn't just leave your 'fine on the face of it' comment and had to add a 'but' then dredge up all the old Adkins criticisms.

What is the point of try to tar CW with your Adkins brush?

He hasn't managed us in a friendly yet, let alone a competitive game but somehow you seem to be dumping Adkins transfer dealings on him.

The thread is 'Updates from Wilder' and not 'Where did Adkins go wrong in his signings'.
Merely pointing out that Adkins also came up with the same excuse and proceeded not to sign what was needed.

Points of note:

While talking about Long having to earn the right to play, Wilder said he's delighted with the goalkeeping department and "that position is boxed off, and we can go on and look at other positions".

Freeman – not looking to ostracise anyone, transfer listing the players he has is about moving the money around so we can strengthen where we need to, Brayford will be first choice.

Still early days re: transfers, helluva lotta work going on. Delighted with the two signed, more to come. Re: central defenders, CW wants a left-footer, a right-footer, and someone to push the left-footer for first choice. And possibly even a 4th. Not going to rush. Price has got to be right. Balance needed in midfield with a left-footer, plus a target man (and what sounded like a forwardish player) are the others on the buy list.

Chief scout to be announced in the next 3 or 4 days.

Giddings Tweets about Beevers there but his name wasn't mentioned in the interview.

I hope he's under consideration and I think he will be because he's such an obvious option - Wilder suggested there that he'd like two left footed centre halves. He's left footed, he's done well in this division, he wants to move back to this area, we'd be a good fit for him and he'd be a good fit for us.

From that I take that there will be 3 - 4 CB's, 1 x left footed midfielder, maybe a left winger? And a target man. 7 in total at the most, probably 6. If Long shows well, they won't look to replace him but it looks like no goalie to until at least January. Is that a fait assumption, guys?

Back
Top Bottom