CONFIRMED James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder confirmed we have bid for him. Can't say it's helped my mood after todays game to be honest

Roy, he might have made a difference today, we let two very weak goals in, one from a long throw that he would have dealt with.

Roy, he might have made a difference today, we let two very weak goals in, one from a long throw that he would have dealt with.

He may have done but I can't see him improving our conversation rate. The thought of him and Sharp up front is just bring back memories of Clarke and Sharp earlier in the season. He may be an asset to bring on in the last 10 to be fair which I presume is Wilder's thinking.

I think the three centre backs we have should be more than capable of dealing with what Gillingham threw at us today too. We shouldn't be relying on a big lump to defend the little Gillingham created

He may have done but I can't see him improving our conversation rate. The thought of him and Sharp up front is just bring back memories of Clarke and Sharp earlier in the season. He may be an asset to bring on in the last 10 to be fair which I presume is Wilder's thinking.

I think the three centre backs we have should be more than capable of dealing with what Gillingham threw at us today too. We shouldn't be relying on a big lump to defend the little Gillingham created

Our conversation is fine mate, it's the football we need to improve......;)

If Wilder's admitted we've bid for him it's basically a done deal.

At least we might not spend 20 minutes per game dwelling on the ball on the corner of the box if he's in the team.
Agreed. We haven't had a genuine attacking areal threat for years. Maybe with Hanson in the team, we can start slinging a few higher lofted crosses into the box in open play, instead hitting them low usually against defenders legs. ;)

Apparently McCall doesn't expect the bid to be accepted which is good news

Getting worried now

Weirdly, hearing this news after the game made me even more deflated. Seeing your team miss a million chances then coming home to hear you are signing James Hanson isn't really the Saturday I had in mind.

Luckily Wilder knows more than me so he must see something there

Weirdly, hearing this news after the game made me even more deflated. Seeing your team miss a million chances then coming home to hear you are signing James Hanson isn't really the Saturday I had in mind.

Luckily Wilder knows more than me so he must see something there

I think with 15 minutes to go and us winning corners, we need a real ball header in the box, we don't have anyone who is any good at that.

Also, last 5 minutes, it looked like EEL had been told to stay up front as the "big man", so CW must think we need one

I think with 15 minutes to go and us winning corners, we need a real ball header in the box, we don't have anyone who is any good at that.

Also, last 5 minutes, it looked like EEL had been told to stay up front as the "big man", so CW must think we need one

I have no qualms with Hanson as a sub to change things, I just cant help being a bit disappointed that there was lots of talk about a new striker and it looks as though it's going to be Hanson

I have no qualms with Hanson as a sub to change things, I just cant help being a bit disappointed that there was lots of talk about a new striker and it looks as though it's going to be Hanson

I know what you mean Panchero, same here, I keep bangin on about James Vaughn but am resigned to the fact that he is not coming here.

Anyway, 10 days of the JTW left, let's see what happens.....

Wilder has done a fantastic job so far and most of his transfers have been excellent. However, this is an identical situation to the Clarke one (if it happens). Us signing Clarke was met with plenty of discontentment because we knew he just wasn't a good player and a notable journeyman. It turns out those voices were correct, and Wilder got that one wrong

Likewise, Hanson is a poor player. He has been poor for a while and is very disliked by Bradford fans. I can say this with certainty as I am born and raised in Bradford, all my mates are Bradford, including my housemate! The worst thing about Hanson is he forces them to go long ball because he is a such a poor 'footballer'. He has his uses for the last 10 mins if you are chasing a game, but that is the extent of his qualities. Considering we are so well placed, we really should be signing players that, at least, MIGHT be good enough for the championship, as opposed to players that most certainly aren't. He's a massive time guy as well, having had the displeasure of meeting him on several nights out. Really odd signing and would be very disappointed to see this happen. If it does happen, it should be no longer than a 6 month contract.

I appreciate the 'in Wilder we trust' brigade, which I do on most things, but this just simply will not be a good signing.
Utter rubbish.

If clubs are sitting deep then we might need to get the ball direct up to someone. No ones better in Hanson in those circumstances. If he's OK to play off the bench then I don't have an issue with it. He's the best player in the league in the air.

James Hanson is by far the best header of a ball in our division ,he would be a great acquisition especially if we have to change our approach to a game ,we have the players to deliver a ball to him and the players to play off him ,Bradford don't yet he still always looks their best player when we play them. Would love him here.
One of the biggest loads of tosh I've ever read on here. Sorry pal.

As long as Clarke's leaving then no way will Hanson be the only attacking signing we make.

I'm just crossing my fingers for a real quality player who can make things happen but I'm not holding my breath. We don't seem to be spending as much as we should be doing.

If Hanson had been available for the last 15 minutes today we would have won ,if he had been on earlier he would have prevented the flick on from the long throw. Like England could have done with Andy Carroll in the Euros ,a good header of the ball is essential to a good side over a season ,and we lack anyone apart from the 3 defenders who can head a ball ,its the part of a game we are poor in and Hansonis the best header in the division. He can also play a bit too good at holding up ,Sharp and the holy trinity will feed off him. Great signing if we can pull it off. A Bradford season ticket holder and good friend messaged me at the game today ,hes gutted.

Hanson is probably the best Wilder can do with what the board wants to spend.
Not much money in the kitty.The board is hoping Wilder can pull it off and that it doesn't come back to bite them in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Hanson is probably the beat Wilder can do with what the board wants to spend.
Not much money in the kitty.The board is hoping again that it doesn't come back to bite them in the playoffs.
How do you know that CW hasn't got the striker he wanted?

Which bit ?
Just about all of it, OK he's a decent header of the ball but he's just not what we need by any means. Not good enough at all. Hate to sound like Mono-tonal Pinchy here but he does scream hit and hope. As I said on the other thread we need far better than him if we're going for top two. On top of all that he's an incredibly divisive figure at Bradford, with half their fanbase thinking he's nothing more than a lazy lump to hit it long to. It's all over their forum. And that's in a team that are in the play offs. So is that really the baggage we want coming with a player whilst we attempt the top two?

Back
Top Bottom