Hecky on Sports Heaven tonight (6-7pm)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Known contacts? Second or third hand info then.

You walked into it with a snide and uninformed comment though. Which you can’t even acknowledge. Poor form. And surprising to be honest. So based on that, l’lll leave it with you.

What would it matter. You aren’t likely to believe him.

Good night fan boy

Btw A close acquaintance with the Companies House website helped in formulating my opinion on Andy’s claim. (I know that’s cheating on here) :)

Facts are like wages, they don't count.

It's opinions that matter, one of my mothers favourite sayings was " I think and I assume" (of course she was also, always, correct o_O )

So knowledge or research is just wasted.

My thoughts on it are -

Hecky fed up with what’s going on behind the scenes & there are a lot more things going on.

He think Ndiaye is making a poor decision to go to his boyhood club at the age he is at because he has other career targets in the back of his mind he wants to achieve & Iliman was given a take it or never get the chance again to play for his boyhood club.

Prince putting the entirety of the Ndiaye sale funds into the transfer kitty has just made things 10x more workable, which we to me sounds like he was given around a 10m budget to play with in the first place.

Reckons we will stay up if we bring the intended targets in (which really means, current squad nowhere near good enough to compete - complete overhaul needed)

Wants these signings in quick as 4 out of first 6 are at home and that sets the tone for the season.

Thinks Darren Smith is a complete cunt for leaking information but yet again, this is exactly the same as Chris Wilder calling out the Richard Cadette account on this forum only a couple years ago which led to us missing out on Matty Cash & we ended up with Jayden fucking Bogle.

He thinks Jebbison & Osula are toss and wants to replace them with additions and send them out on loan as they’ve done fuck all with unlimited chances so far.

Atmosphere around the place is rock bottom due to Iliman situation. I ain’t surprised in the slightest because I don’t think he has gone about it in the right way but his agent and Marseille hierarchy have been in his ear all the time the past 7 months.

Whatever happens, for me we can’t get rid of Hecky. No better man for the job imo, speaks really well and is a credit to his family & the club.

How much is Hecky getting NOW is the $64m dollar question? The full amount, any deposit?

Hecky is da man. I’m not happy about Ndiaye either but I’m not sure what the club could have done differently. We think players should have loyalty to our club, and maybe some still do, but the only loyalty their agents have is to the money and they are the ones driving things
Did you not hear the parts where Hecky was clear that Ndiaye moved because it's a dream move to his boyhood club, not because of the money?

The big money shot was staying with us without signing a contract and getting a hefty signing on bonus at a club after a season in the prem.

I don't know how Hecky kept his cool with some of the inane questions being asked.

I thought it was telling that PH was quite specific in telling listeners that the Prince has promised him all of the Ndiaye funds will be given to him for team strengthening. Possibly some insurance play being made here by PH in getting this snippet out to the fans.

We don't know exactly how much we have received for IN but we have a fair idea re reports in the press. Hecky saying that he will get all of that money is now putting pressure on the Prince to make good on his promise to PH. If the money doesn't materialise then the finger can then be pointed at the Prince for backtracking on promises made to Hecky.

it's clear that he was given jack shit of a budget from the Prince
Is it ?

A 'free' transfer, giving a contract to pay that player £ 60K per week in wages, costs the club £ 3.1 million per year, or £9.3 million over say a three year contract.

So is it 'free' showing no ambition, or the club spending £9.3 million.

Hardly 'jack shit' either way.

A £10 million transfer also still has the same potential £9.3 million in wages on top.

Hecky said he didn't do social media, Bert doubts that he even knows who Darren Smith is, he was talking in general that info shouldn't come out.
Maybe so but like I said, the same thing happened on here with the Richard cadette account during CW’s tenure. It puts the club in a difficult position to bring players in but fans are desperate to be the first to know about a potential signing. Baffles me how people can get so worked up about something completely out of their control.

I thought it was telling that PH was quite specific in telling listeners that the Prince has promised him all of the Ndiaye funds will be given to him for team strengthening. Possibly some insurance play being made here by PH in getting this snippet out to the fans.

We don't know exactly how much we have received for IN but we have a fair idea re reports in the press. Hecky saying that he will get all of that money is now putting pressure on the Prince to make good on his promise to PH. If the money doesn't materialise then the finger can then be pointed at the Prince for backtracking on promises made to Hecky.
Or, of course, that placing the whole amount of the IN transfer fee in the transfer pot is actually the plan?

Hecky is da man. I’m not happy about Ndiaye either but I’m not sure what the club could have done differently. We think players should have loyalty to our club, and maybe some still do, but the only loyalty their agents have is to the money and they are the ones driving things

Loyalty is a marginal factor in almost all players’ and clubs’ actions.

Ndiaye couldn’t have done more for us on the pitch, but ultimately wanted to leave us for his boyhood club. Billy Sharp couldn’t have done more for us either, but his boyhood club decided he wasn’t worth a wage.

If I’m honest, I don’t have a problem with either of the two decisions made above. But they’re both dark days for us fans.

I’ve doubted Smith‘s credibility in the past but it now seems like he is definitely in the loop.

It’s a difficult one for me. Hecky pisses me off when he won’t give straight answers on things like injuries. I know sometimes it can hinder but there is also a time to update fans. With that in mind of course he isn’t gonna like people like Smith. I like to know we are being active in the window so the stuff from Smith can be enjoyable. But at the same time it’s easy to get sucked in to the ‘need it yesterday’ way of the world. Recruitment plans being made public can only hinder process.

Hecky said he didn't do social media, Bert doubts that he even knows who Darren Smith is, he was talking in general that info shouldn't come out.
He does Twitter. Not tweeted in a couple of months but I’m sure he still looks on.

What a load of bollocks.
The Radio Sheffield interviews are an annual event.
True but Hecky didn't have to do the interview, he could have just sent McCall or Lester to do it instead.

l just asked if there was any actual proof. If they are correct then there are some serious leaks at the club. Don’t you see that as a problem?
Jeez the manager pretty much said he turned down a lot of money from others in January so it must have been discussed/negotiated. Is there nothing you won’t argue on here if it goes against what you think happened. The manager said it so I believe him just accept it as fact and move on.

I’ve doubted Smith‘s credibility in the past but it now seems like he is definitely in the loop.

It’s a difficult one for me. Hecky pisses me off when he won’t give straight answers on things like injuries. I know sometimes it can hinder but there is also a time to update fans. With that in mind of course he isn’t gonna like people like Smith. I like to know we are being active in the window so the stuff from Smith can be enjoyable. But at the same time it’s easy to get sucked in to the ‘need it yesterday’ way of the world. Recruitment plans being made public can only hinder process.
I think Smith said something over the past couple of days, defending himself about leaks. He basically whatabouted the Star and said that he has never revealed any of our transfer targets first, the ones he's only ever discussed were always revealed by Star reporters first.

It just demonstrated to me the guy just doesn't have a clue of what he's actually doing. Sure, the Star might reveal the odd name now and again but almost everyone knows to never take them seriously because they're either vague and riddled with caveats or surrounded by so many names, no one can be arsed to figure out which are plausible and which are names-out-a-hat fillers. What then happens is someone approaches Darren on twitter and asks if we're in for X like it says in the star and he comes out and blabs about negotiations and timeframes.

Sure, maybe the star revealed the name but he's the one pretty much confirming it to all and sundry and that's what's doing the damage. Maybe he's doing that at the behest of the Prince who's trying to deflect criticism or maybe he's doing it cos he likes being seen as the oracle and later tells the prince he's deflecting criticism. Either way it needs to stop.

The lack of straight answers to injuries shouldn't be an issue. I doubt Palace are looking at us and saying "I hope that Brewster lad isn't back from injury." They must be looking at our current potential starting line up and laughing their arses off.

You can’t use that term these days.
Items in my laundry basket are either coloured or white.
The washing product I use calls itself ‘Colours’.
I am clearly not referring to human beings but stuff that needs laundering.

The best thing about PH interview is that he has unequivocally stated exactly what I’ve been saying on here about the (numerical & quality)
strength of the squad compared to last season.
1. In our current state we are NOT ready for an attempt at PL survival.
2. We have lost influential loan players back to their parent clubs.
3. We have released some of our own players and sold our star.
4. We have long term injured players who have not returned to fitness.
5. We have nowhere near replaced these players by the 3 signings.

The clappers have previously shouted me down on this issue but now PH has publicly prayed in aid exactly my points.

In addition , we have suffered new injuries to Bogle , Jebbo , Coulibaly , Norwood , McBurnie & Fleck , but I refrain from including these lest the club’s riposte would be “oh well , you’ll be ok when they’re fit so there’s no need to recruit”.

I am encouraged that PH has sent a clear message to the club and effectively drawn a line in the sand , which every supporter can identify and endorse.

Given the abject player-contract situation looming next summer , we ought to be looking at permanent transfers , whether they involve a fee or are free.
But I imagine we will try to obtain our allowance of 2 loans from PL clubs.

There cannot be a better moment for PH to force the recruitment of appropriate quality into our starting eleven , for which we ought now to have $30m available for transfer & loan fees - the wages should be funded by a combination of those players whose wages went off the books on 30 June & new PL income.

Hoping that the Trusty (LCB) deal is done at $5m , we need :

A GK better than Davies.

RWB - Bogle is injured and anyway he couldn’t defend in the Championship never mind the PL.

Rfooted CB in addition to Bash for cover for Anel & Egan.

Lfooted MF - the thought of Osborn in the PL is frightening , especially if you want us to create any threat down the left.

Another quality MF - we should be moving on from the old guard of Norwood & Fleck(already crocked) who are simply not athletic enough to compete in the PL and Coulibaly is not only injured but wasn’t even trusted by PH in the Championship.

Two strikers - McBurnie is regularly injured and couldn’t score in the PL last time , Sharp & Ndiaye have gone , Traore has already been described as a “development” player so there’s our two young lads of whom Jebbo is already injured and Osula can’t hit a barn door with a banjo. With their physique they might develop like DCL and play for England but unfortunately we need to start scoring in 11 days against a relegation rival and collecting the points to avoid the drop.

That’s 7 players - which chimes with PH referring to us being 8 players down.

I applaud what PH has said today , spoken in a polite but firm way.

It is exactly what I would have said in his predicament.
He might disagree with me on the details of which positions to strengthen.
But his message is loud & clear.

The Prince/Bettis/Giansiracusa/the club are long overdue getting some Tyke straight-talking shoved right up their arse.

I hope that tonight their sphincter is sore enough to make them GET OFF THEIR ARSE and get some quality players in.

It is a cruel sick joke that we are in this position at this crucial time and they better believe that there will be no hiding place for them if they fart around any longer.

Not a single supporter will tolerate any blame being foisted upon PH for this anticipated disaster of a season , if they don’t shape up right now.

Going by what so many have said on here about PH being sad/angry/disappointed, I must have been listening to a different version of the podcast?

He rightfully had a dig at Darren Smith for releasing information about N’diaye, but the club is equally at fault by not going public sooner. PH was right to make the point about new money going on the playing squad, but everything else is just manager speak to avoid other clubs picking up player info from him.

Otherwise he was direct and as honest as you might expect. Like us, he has been through a range of emotions dealing with the loss of N’diaye. Now he has ‘officially’ gone, that business is over.
His only remark that I found to be brutally honest, was reference ‘waiting until this window closes’ to see who we can bring in. It takes time to get players signed, even when you know who you want!

Traore signing proves that there are plenty of hurdles that could cause a stumble, especially where foreign players are concerned.

Nah, he’s not sad or angry, just limited in what he can say in public until it’s all done. We might get more in before the Palace game, but we should reserve judgment until the transfer window closes.;)

The best thing about PH interview is that he has unequivocally stated exactly what I’ve been saying on here about the (numerical & quality)
strength of the squad compared to last season.
1. In our current state we are NOT ready for an attempt at PL survival.
2. We have lost influential loan players back to their parent clubs.
3. We have released some of our own players and sold our star.
4. We have long term injured players who have not returned to fitness.
5. We have nowhere near replaced these players by the 3 signings.

The clappers have previously shouted me down on this issue but now PH has publicly prayed in aid exactly my points.

In addition , we have suffered new injuries to Bogle , Jebbo , Coulibaly , Norwood , McBurnie & Fleck , but I refrain from including these lest the club’s riposte would be “oh well , you’ll be ok when they’re fit so there’s no need to recruit”.

I am encouraged that PH has sent a clear message to the club and effectively drawn a line in the sand , which every supporter can identify and endorse.

Given the abject player-contract situation looming next summer , we ought to be looking at permanent transfers , whether they involve a fee or are free.
But I imagine we will try to obtain our allowance of 2 loans from PL clubs.

There cannot be a better moment for PH to force the recruitment of appropriate quality into our starting eleven , for which we ought now to have $30m available for transfer & loan fees - the wages should be funded by a combination of those players whose wages went off the books on 30 June & new PL income.

Hoping that the Trusty (LCB) deal is done at $5m , we need :

A GK better than Davies.

RWB - Bogle is injured and anyway he couldn’t defend in the Championship never mind the PL.

Rfooted CB in addition to Bash for cover for Anel & Egan.

Lfooted MF - the thought of Osborn in the PL is frightening , especially if you want us to create any threat down the left.

Another quality MF - we should be moving on from the old guard of Norwood & Fleck(already crocked) who are simply not athletic enough to compete in the PL and Coulibaly is not only injured but wasn’t even trusted by PH in the Championship.

Two strikers - McBurnie is regularly injured and couldn’t score in the PL last time , Sharp & Ndiaye have gone , Traore has already been described as a “development” player so there’s our two young lads of whom Jebbo is already injured and Osula can’t hit a barn door with a banjo. With their physique they might develop like DCL and play for England but unfortunately we need to start scoring in 11 days against a relegation rival and collecting the points to avoid the drop.

That’s 7 players - which chimes with PH referring to us being 8 players down.

I applaud what PH has said today , spoken in a polite but firm way.

It is exactly what I would have said in his predicament.
He might disagree with me on the details of which positions to strengthen.
But his message is loud & clear.

The Prince/Bettis/Giansiracusa/the club are long overdue getting some Tyke straight-talking shoved right up their arse.

I hope that tonight their sphincter is sore enough to make them GET OFF THEIR ARSE and get some quality players in.

It is a cruel sick joke that we are in this position at this crucial time and they better believe that there will be no hiding place for them if they fart around any longer.

Not a single supporter will tolerate any blame being foisted upon PH for this anticipated disaster of a season , if they don’t shape up right now.
Brilliantly summary. Now where’s those Forest tickets ?

I’m confused now re: blades fans thought processes.

PH is angry / frustated etc everyone saying if he walked they would understand.

Isn’t this exactly Wilder mark 2? But he got a hammering for this.

The club does well so the manager wants to get better. We finished 9th in PL Wilder comes out all guns blazing.

PH promotion to PL wants to get better, but he’s staying quiet on the situation but the fans are okay if he leaves? Crazy.

Still intrigued why Iliman left it so late in the day, to sign for Marseilles.
If you believe Hecky and I do, it was his decision in the end no one else’s.He does strike me as that kind of lad.
He was obviously torn right to the very end.
Could it be,our/the Prince’s lack of ambition in the transfer market this close season, that has led him to the conclusion, late in the day, that it’s just going to be a slog this season, with him hardly getting a sniff up front.This also seems to be Hecky‘s thoughts judging by his comments last night about how ready we are at the moment.
Worryingly, must be the same for the rest of the players, and even more so, now Illy has gone.Even more worryingly those with an option to leave eg Anel, Berg,may also start to want out.We,and they,know now that the club, will sell in the end.
One thing for sure is, if Hecky somehow manages to pull this round, and keep us up this season, he deserves manager of the century.

Still intrigued why Iliman left it so late in the day, to sign for Marseilles.
If you believe Hecky and I do, it was his decision in the end no one else’s.He does strike me as that kind of lad.
He was obviously torn right to the very end.
Could it be,our/the Prince’s lack of ambition in the transfer market this close season, that has led him to the conclusion, late in the day, that it’s just going to be a slog this season, with him hardly getting a sniff up front.This also seems to be Hecky‘s thoughts judging by his comments last night about how ready we are at the moment.
Worryingly, must be the same for the rest of the players, and even more so, now Illy has gone.Even more worryingly those with an option to leave eg Anel, Berg,may also start to want out.We,and they,know now that the club, will sell in the end.
One thing for sure is, if Hecky somehow manages to pull this round, and keep us up this season, he deserves manager of the century.

If you believe the article IngoodNick referenced, the president of Marseille basically said if Ili doesn't come this season he won't be coming at all regardless of if there was a minimum release clause or not.

Pretty cut throat but can understand why it may have caused Ili to want to go now rather than calling his bluff.

Back
Top Bottom