Hecky on Sports Heaven tonight (6-7pm)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Too right, this should be one of the highs of his career but he has been let down so badly by the monopoly money prince, wouldn't be at all surprised if he walked
It is a sad situation and infuriating because every time a manager does well at the lane the owners f*ck it up one way or the other.

McCabe sold Warnock down the River.

The Prince pulled the wool over the fans eyes and made many believe that Wilder was the problem.

But now he is pulling the rug from under Hecky too after working wonders.

The Prince does not have the funds to take us forward and will only take us backwards it is imperative that he leaves.

Well Hecky as much as confirmed the signing the contract video was done then Ili changed his mind. A very good interview from Hecky got the upmost respect for the bloke. As regards unofficial social media the Prince leaks out the info but they choose to share it, not sure why they let themselves be used by the Prince it will end in tears. When the shit hits the fan they are the ones stood closest at the end of the day, they really should be seen to be impartial rather than cosying up to the Prince for likes.

Why do we need to know before deals are done etc? Why can’t we wait until it’s signed and the club announce it?
Because if we don't know about deals that eventually don't happen (even if the players mentioned were never even wanted) we lose a huge stick to beat the club with
And that's what so many of us enjoy so much

It is a sad situation and infuriating because every time a manager does well at the lane the owners f*ck it up one way or the other.

McCabe sold Warnock down the River.

The Prince pulled the wool over the fans eyes and made many believe that Wilder was the problem.

But now he is pulling the rug from under Hecky too after working wonders.

The Prince does not have the funds to take us forward and will only take us backwards it is imperative that he leaves.
I can't buy that an owner that allowed wilder full autonomy of transfers, allowed him to spend over £100m on his players was that big of a problem there. Btw this is the same wilder that wanted rid of ndiaye!

We didn't pull berge out of the squad for a laugh in January and Hecky said today that Ndiaye said no to someone, rumored to be Everton, in January.

He wouldn't have had anyone to say no too if we weren't talking to another client . As Hecky had said by the time personal terms are discussed the deal is agreed between clubs so while it may not have been a fully formal official bid there was clearly discussions...unless he was going around saying no to imaginary offers.

So personal terms were discussed with Everton? And there might not have been any formal agreement. Okay.

I can't buy that an owner that allowed wilder full autonomy of transfers, allowed him to spend over £100m on his players was that big of a problem there. Btw this is the same wilder that wanted rid of ndiaye!
I am not saying Wilder didn't make mistakes he made some real howlers.

Some of his transfer dealings were questionable to say the least and I believe that 100m could have been used more wisely.

If he afforded Hecky that same backing we would have every chance of survival.

I don't understand how we can not be in a better position financially than we was last time we went up it makes no sense.
Regardless of what happens, I'm also firmly in this camp.

He (we) might struggle, but he's being sent into the ring with one arm tied behind his back and a blindfold on.
He deserves our full backing.
I am with you there all the way Hecky has earned that support.

Fact is, Hecky didn't have to do that interview on Radio Sheffield, he chose to do so.

There's a very clear reason for that. Battle lines are being drawn.

Either you're on Hecky's side, or you're on PA's side. You can't be on both. You can't sit on the fence.

Smith and those SU Way fellas have nailed their colours firmly to PA's mast.

Let's get behind Hecky!

Who isn’t behind Hecky? The odd one or two maybe?

Regarding DS and SUW like the link to the club which makes them feel important. Plain to see. The DS episodes gave him credit for simply parroting info which had been posted on here by several posters well before.

To be honest though, l doubt they’d give Hecky a hard time, colours nailed to the mast or not.

So personal terms were discussed with Everton? And there might not have been any formal agreement. Okay.
Just like he negotiated and agreed personal terms this time well before the official bid came in on Saturday. As Hecky admitted this is how the game works now. We do the same Anis came over to look around in April/May!

Some of his transfer dealings were questionable to say the least and I believe that 100m could have been used more wisely.

I don't understand how we can not be in a better position financially than we was last time we went up it makes no sense.

He has openly admitted he can't afford it. Remember we had 2 seasons in the Premier League. 1 and a half of those were during COVID which lost everyone loads of money. We then came down and only sold £30m Ramsdale. Compare that to Leicester who have spent years in the premier League (and Europe) and they have got £90m through the door.

Very little to blame Hecky for, any Blade should be entirely behind him. End of story.

He's had his challenges and shown a willingness to confront them and change for the good of the club, he was instrumental in digging the squad out of a dark hole and his results speak for themselves. He's no shining perfect manager but he seems to be happy enough tackling them head on. Honestly, were in a poor situation with the ownership and going in to a PL season, personally, I'm happy he's the manager we're doing it with.

You didn’t hear him say that Illy turned down an offer to join Everton?
Did he mention a deal being agreed between the clubs? Now we have it suggested “maybe” it was informal. Did the player/his agent discuss personal terms or did he just say no thanks?

Spin it how you like. You have read and have heard a few people that have been saying the offer was accepted in January. Give the prince a ring to clarify if you like. Fan boy

Just like he negotiated and agreed personal terms this time well before the official bid came in on Saturday. As Hecky admitted this is how the game works now. We do the same Anis came over to look around in April/May!

And then changed his mind to film a video and change his mind again. So much guesswork involved for claims made as 100% facts.

Odd that so many people are itk about what happened six months ago know nothing about current happenings.

Spin it how you like. You have read and have heard a few people that have been saying the offer was accepted in January. Give the prince a ring to clarify if you like. Fan boy

I’ve read Dozy put £27m cash in which l knew was bs. A poster with a similar agenda to those pushing the January claims.

Fanboy :)

We were left with payments for signings who hadn’t hit the ground running. Cash went on promotion bonuses and transfer fees due within one year. So the first years PL payments had gone but we stilled owed huge sums on players that needed paying from future income. Hence why Hecky has been given a pittance in comparison.

l just asked if there was any actual proof. If they are correct then there are some serious leaks at the club. Don’t you see that as a problem?

Not sure you’re going to get actual proof on a fans forum. Anyway, hecky said tonight that illy turned down Everton so if we had rejected the offer are you saying that they spoke to him without permission? Maybe we could ask the prince why that wasn’t reported?

I am impressed you were clever enough to see through Dozy though.

Not sure you’re going to get actual proof on a fans forum. Anyway, hecky said tonight that illy turned down Everton so if we had rejected the offer are you saying that they spoke to him without permission? Maybe we could ask the prince why that wasn’t reported?

I am impressed you were clever enough to see through Dozy though.

My point exactly. I believe that, let’s say a possibility, that claims are sexed up. Looking at the forum, not a big leap of faith.

As an example of that, there’s your above Dozy comment. I said the £27m claim on here was bs. Not that Dozy was iffy. You may of course have misunderstood…..

I know you were trying to be clever but it just shows how easy it is to alter what’s been said, to suit.

Btw A close acquaintance with the Companies House website helped in formulating my opinion on Andy’s claim. (I know that’s cheating on here) :)

My point exactly. I believe that, let’s say a possibility, that claims are sexed up. Looking at the forum, not a big leap of faith.

As an example of that, there’s your above Dozy comment. I said the £27m claim on here was bs. Not that Dozy was iffy. You may of course have misunderstood…..

I know you were trying to be clever but it just shows how easy it is to alter what’s been said, to suit.

Btw A close acquaintance with the Companies House website helped in formulating my opinion on Andy’s claim. (I know that’s cheating on here) :)

Honestly Sean, I have no interest in discussing Dozy or Andy. Our own manager informed us on radio sheffield that Illy turned down Everton and a poster with known contacts has also confirmed.

Anyway let us see what the prince says when Hal and Capps ask him

He's approaching it as best he can and I reckon some are exaggerating or seeing too much into some of his comments.

That said he's deffo frustrated about budget and pace of signings.
I'm quite certain that without ili going he would not be happy at the amount of signings this far and that it seems the plan is to wait for later in the window.

Sounds annoyed and stressed and very frank and upfront about where we’re at and the state of the squad. Obviously the mannerisms and manner of speaking are different but some of what he’s said tonight wouldn’t have sounded out of place in one of Wilder’s interviews.
And quite right he should too, and he shouldn't make any bones about that. He's earned the club and the board vast riches by returning them to the biggest league in the world, and what does he get in return? Reduced resources, a sense of being unable to compete, the risk of being an embarrassment week in, week out. He's a meticulous, proud, disciplined, hardworking professional and they should back him. But they aren't.

Tell it how it is, Hecky - if they won't listen to us, they may listen to you.

Honestly Sean, I have no interest in discussing Dozy or Andy. Our own manager informed us on radio sheffield that Illy turned down Everton and a poster with known contacts has also confirmed.

Anyway let us see what the prince says when Hal and Capps ask him

Known contacts? Second or third hand info then.

You walked into it with a snide and uninformed comment though. Which you can’t even acknowledge. Poor form. And surprising to be honest. So based on that, l’lll leave it with you.

What would it matter. You aren’t likely to believe him.

Hecky is da man. I’m not happy about Ndiaye either but I’m not sure what the club could have done differently. We think players should have loyalty to our club, and maybe some still do, but the only loyalty their agents have is to the money and they are the ones driving things

Back
Top Bottom