Hecky on Sports Heaven tonight (6-7pm)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hahaha sorry scarebus I’m shocking for punctuation unless I’m really conscious that I need to use it.

I'm only messing. But I did expect better.

D-

What was said about Jebbo and Osula? Must have missed that bit

Along the lines of... "How many chances do they want?, they are getting the chances, it's up to them to kick the door down and make themselves starters in the Premier League"

I thought it was a really good positive interview, honest and very refreshing as we all know the score. He clearly is a little bored with doing interviews and I sense frustration when he does them but to say he was depressed is just poppycock. He sounded focused and a very busy man. Plenty of leadership qualities on show and other than claiming Scarborough isn't in Yorkshire! I don't think he got anything wrong with how he worded stuff.

I wanted to hear him say we aren't good enough and there is plenty of work re recruitment that needs to be done. I wanted to hear who was pushing for the Ndiaye transfer (the lad himself). I liked him saying that the two young lads up front have great support and encouragement but ultimately it's now down to them to show him that they deserve a starting shirt. That's exactly how it should be, it's professional sport not a kindergarten.

I would have liked him to have had a question around his thoughts about the large number of players being out of contract next year and what the plan is to rectify this(is there one!) but maybe that will start to resolve itself when the current transfer window closes.

All in, a very positive interview and he spoke really well (as he usually does). I expect to see a number of incomings shortly.

One final point, it's clear that he was given jack shit of a budget from the Prince when he is saying that getting the Ndiaye funds changes everything. I wasn't expecting a lot of money being thrown his way pre Ndiaye sale but the budget provided seems to have been a poor effort from the Prince. We shouldn't be getting promotion to the PL and then be giving our manager a miniscule transfer budget and expecting him to provide miracles with it. Hopefully the money from the IN sale now opens up doors that were previously closed and better players are now obtainable. If so, maybe a good thing we have only brought in 3 so far.

Last edited:
Along the lines of... "How many chances do they want?, they are getting the chances, it's up to them to kick the door down and make themselves starters in the Premier League"

Cheers buddy, I guess we can't keep spouting the "they're just kids" line forever.

The Prince tried to sell Ndiaye and Berge in January.

We accepted an offer for Ndiaye from Everton and he turned them down. PH has half-confirmed that tonight.
He was also actively trying to find a buyer for Berge (and still is) and although we had strong interest it didn't materialise into a firm offer.

The Prince inadvertently did his very best to derail our promotion last season and he hardly bankrolled the first.
All this stuff about him "holding his nerve" and "playing a blinder" in January is bollocks.

Let's stop listening to the bloke and the PR spin he puts out through his social media vessels.

PH has also now come out and publicly said he doesn't like the leaking of news stories on social media.
The leak is the Prince himself and he uses high profile internet Blades to get his messages out there to distract.
If they care about the club they should cut ties with the Prince and do what's right by the playing staff. They're the ones that have taken us on these rides.

There’s no actual proof for any of that though is there. Otherwise you’d have broken your neck to post it. Yet again you use hindsight to promote your opinion as fact.

l’ve no time for Smith and his bs but there’s an irony in pushing an agenda which, if not fantasy comes from some cunt at the club who’ll hold court with anyone who sits at his desk or in his local.

Didn't manage to listen, but jeez that does not sound good :oops:
That is not a fair & true analysis of the interview, he didn't sound fed up or pissed off, he was just a bit guarded to start with, but he relaxed into it once the daft questions were out of the way,i thought he quite enjoyed it tbh
Didn't manage to listen, but jeez that does not sound good :oops:

Claims to know the Prince and that certainly seems to be the case and he uses his platform on Twitter to discuss the inner workings of the club it started with him commenting on the financial state of the club given his professional background as an accountant and connections with the prince but it has transcended that now and he comments on anything and everything about United from the inner workings of the club to transfer dealings and contract negotiations. As you can imagine that information is all presented from one point of view given its source. Also plenty of times his narrative has been later disproven or he’s gone on to contradict himself. He seems to be an unofficial PR outlet for the Prince specifically not the club.
So he's not just someone repeating confidential information? Does the Prince feed him information and does he sometimes relay an incorrect interpretation of what he's been told?

I am beginning to really dislike these so called ITKers

So he's not just someone repeating confidential information? Does the Prince feed him information and does he sometimes relay an incorrect interpretation of what he's been told?

I am beginning to really dislike these so called ITKers
Both I think I think he’s sometimes given info or a narrative to put out there when it’s deemed advantageous other times he either fleshes things he’s been given out too far or puts 2+2 together and comes up with 5.

The issue is that whatever his exaggerations or mistruths have been it doesn’t cost him his access to genuine info when the Prince wants something out out there that lends credence then to everything he says and gives him undue influence over the fan base.

That is not a fair & true analysis of the interview, he didn't sound fed up or pissed off, he was just a bit guarded to start with, but he relaxed into it once the daft questions were out of the way,i thought he quite enjoyed it tbh
That's how I hear him. Someone who really enjoys talking about what he's contracted to talk about and fiercely private about the stuff he's not.

There’s no actual proof for any of that though is there. Otherwise you’d have broken your neck to post it. Yet again you use hindsight to promote your opinion as fact.

l’ve no time for Smith and his bs but there’s an irony in pushing an agenda which, if not fantasy comes from some cunt at the club who’ll hold court with anyone who sits at his desk or in his local.
We didn't pull berge out of the squad for a laugh in January and Hecky said today that Ndiaye said no to someone, rumored to be Everton, in January.

He wouldn't have had anyone to say no too if we weren't talking to another client . As Hecky had said by the time personal terms are discussed the deal is agreed between clubs so while it may not have been a fully formal official bid there was clearly discussions...unless he was going around saying no to imaginary offers.

Guessing you didn’t listen

Fact is, Hecky didn't have to do that interview on Radio Sheffield, he chose to do so.

There's a very clear reason for that. Battle lines are being drawn.

Either you're on Hecky's side, or you're on PA's side. You can't be on both. You can't sit on the fence.

Smith and those SU Way fellas have nailed their colours firmly to PA's mast.

Let's get behind Hecky!

Hecky deserves a medal. If there's any way of lightening his need to have to put up with inane questions 24/7 and be allowed to focus on important things like player development, fitness. tactics, incoming then give it him. McCall and Lester in particular are very lucid and proficient in interview situations. Let them share the burden.

Fact is, Hecky didn't have to do that interview on Radio Sheffield, he chose to do so.

Either you're on Hecky's side, or you're on PA's side. You can't be on both. You can't sit on the fence.

Let's get behind Hecky!
What a load of bollocks.
The Radio Sheffield interviews are an annual event.

Let's get behind Hecky!

Yawn emoji

Listening to Hecky do not be suprised if he walks out, clear as day he is fed up.

The Prince needs to either back Hecky or find a new owner ASAP.

I have not heard a manager sound so downbeat and p*ssed off since Warnock.
I must have been listening to another station.

Let's get behind Hecky!
Whilst i am sure he wasn't held at gun point, there is probably a very strong commitment to Radio Sheffield. But i agree with the sentiment, the message from Hecky was clear. Positive and move on

Let's get behind Hecky!
PA must be shit at wars then if he's giving PH all the money from ndiayes sale to reinvest into the team. Remind me never to be on his team when he's strengthening his opponent!

Well I feel for the bloke, done miracles in the last 2 seasons, just had the rug pulled from under him with less than 2 weeks to go playing in the best league in the world, and we haven't owners who wish to embrace it.
Anyone who thinks the likes of Prince and bettis are good enough for our club at THIS level, then give your heads a wobble, they are NOT what we need for top flight.
Hecky and the lads deserve there crack at the league this season, if we stay up, then the board have got very, very fucking lucky.
Well done PH and his staff for getting us as far as we've got.
Until prince piss pot and his jester frig off, the serious investment will not be coming.

Exactly this!
These 2 need to step up, they need to learn to shoot and score.

Let's get behind Hecky!
That's brilliant Let's cause division because that really helps.

Back
Top Bottom