Sheffield United Fans Views on Iliman Ndiaye

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ned the Donkey

Along for the Ride
Reaction score
(With apologies to Roygbiv of course.)

I collected these last season for a couple of relatives who took me to my first games in the 70s but who can no longer make it to matches. I thought they were worth sharing here. It was an absolute privilege to see that lad play football.

At 38 years old I've seen plenty play in the Red and White, Iliman is the best I've seen and will likely be the best I will see for a long time.

What makes him stand out, for me, is the fact that alongside his undoubted talent he absolutely works his bollocks off for the team too. There are a number of players in the Premier League, and in the other top leagues across Europe, that can match him for skill, pace, trickery and goals, but how many of them track back to their own area to win the ball back? Not many. The boy’s got the lot, and he’s still a baby.

Easily my favorite ever player!

I've never seen a talent like his at United, it's not even close.

Incredible to think he is fasting and still is one of the top 2 or 3 hardest workers off the ball I’ve seen on the Bramall Lane pitch. Unbelievable standards, what a warrior.

I've never seen a player quite like him either, it's the such low centre of gravity quick brain and feet and the desire to work hard and put the effort in. Hecky must love working with him. As must the players. He is a forward more than happy to track back and get stuck in. We will talk about this lad in years to come I'm sure.

That goal v Blackburn (& Fulham away) was like Messi!

Easily the best player I've seen in red and white at Lane.

Definitely this goal. It shows everything brilliant about him: he chases like a Rottweiler scaring opponents with the ball to bits, nicks it off them; he dribbles sublimely; he’s strong AND looks to keep going rather than go down; he carries the ball with pace and drives toward goal; and here he finishes brilliantly. This goal is him.

Ndiaye is the best player I've seen at United.

He’s a match winner, simple as that and he’ll win matches for any team in the land, he’s that good.

He reminds me of George Best. He could skip round tackles just like Illy.

Sabella was fantastic. Booted around the shop by carthorses on muddy ploughed pitches and still looked balletic. If he'd had the same work ethic as Illy he'd have been half as good as him...But he didn't, so he was about a quarter as good as him.

Another fabulous bit of skill for his goal today. Balance, quickness of thought and technical ability ghosted him past the keeper. Quality goal from a quality player etc. The thing I'm posting about though, is the way he plays the game. He's a marked man who gets kicked, shoved, dragged all over the shop but he stays on his feet. It takes a rare specimen to ride the contact as well as he does while keeping complete control of the ball. Can barely think of any comparisons, even at the very top level.

Easily the best players I’ve ever seen play for United.

Those of us lucky enough to have seen him will be talking of him in the years to come like people who were lucky enough to have seen Hagan or Currie.

His goal today was so so classy, lightning pace, skill at pace, balance and then smash it home.

What a joy to witness quality of this level.

Definitely sits at the table with Currie/Woodward and Sabella that's not many in the last 50 years.

32 years watching United, best player I've seen. Hands down.

There can be endless debate about whether or not he's the most skilful Blade in living memory. But what's beyond doubt is that his attitude on the pitch is top drawer. So brave, gets kicked all over but never lets it bother him. So tenacious , if he loses possession, whether by getting tackled or misdirecting a pass , he never gives up , he goes and wins the ball back. What an example he sets.

Extremely grateful to watch him each week in a Blades shirt.

I think he could play for any team in the world, he’s that good. I can’t even think of a player in English football that is like him? So unique, and has the work rate to match, what a dream

I'm just going to say it...Best player I've seen in a red & white shirt.

Just a magical player - how lucky are we to see him develop.

By a long way for me, 32 years I’ve been watching so granted we’ve not had tonnes of superstars, but he’s something else. Standing ovation for that bit of skill he did, he even gave it away and won it back.

It has been an absolute privilege watching Illy this season. A supremely talented footballer who plays the game with a smile on his face despite the stick he gets from opposing teams.

He was unplayable in that first half today.

A magnificent player.

Said it got a while but he’s going all the way if he can stay injury free. By far the best footballer we’ve had in a red and white shirt.

When macatee was getting treatment in the first half i was watching illiman , he had the ball and was just flicking it about doing his repetoire of tricks not against anyone just doing them for his pleasure, this kid must love playing football and is a true joy to watch, the most skillful player in my 50plus years of watching.

That confidence and ability, mixed with the tenacity and passion almost guarantees him one hell of a career. Kids got it all, and the world at his feet.

Might be one of the saddest things I ever read. But at least he leaves on a high.

Thanks Ned , as I read those comments , I can replay the moments as I “… gaze upon that inward eye , and then my heart with pleasure fills , and dances (with those daffodils) …”

With apologies to William Wordsworth , of course

Thanks Ned , as I read those comments , I can replay the moments as I “gaze upon that inward eye”

I never thought he could step up after Gibbs White left 2 very similar players both have skill with a brilliant work ethic. The best compliment i can pay him was that he was better than Gibbs White last season than Gibbs White was in the previous season for us. Huge talent gutted but it is what it is UTB

(With apologies to Roygbiv of course.)

I collected these last season for a couple of relatives who took me to my first games in the 70s but who can no longer make it to matches. I thought they were worth sharing here. It was an absolute privilege to see that lad play football.

At 38 years old I've seen plenty play in the Red and White, Iliman is the best I've seen and will likely be the best I will see for a long time.

What makes him stand out, for me, is the fact that alongside his undoubted talent he absolutely works his bollocks off for the team too. There are a number of players in the Premier League, and in the other top leagues across Europe, that can match him for skill, pace, trickery and goals, but how many of them track back to their own area to win the ball back? Not many. The boy’s got the lot, and he’s still a baby.

Easily my favorite ever player!

I've never seen a talent like his at United, it's not even close.

Incredible to think he is fasting and still is one of the top 2 or 3 hardest workers off the ball I’ve seen on the Bramall Lane pitch. Unbelievable standards, what a warrior.

I've never seen a player quite like him either, it's the such low centre of gravity quick brain and feet and the desire to work hard and put the effort in. Hecky must love working with him. As must the players. He is a forward more than happy to track back and get stuck in. We will talk about this lad in years to come I'm sure.

That goal v Blackburn (& Fulham away) was like Messi!

Easily the best player I've seen in red and white at Lane.

Definitely this goal. It shows everything brilliant about him: he chases like a Rottweiler scaring opponents with the ball to bits, nicks it off them; he dribbles sublimely; he’s strong AND looks to keep going rather than go down; he carries the ball with pace and drives toward goal; and here he finishes brilliantly. This goal is him.

Ndiaye is the best player I've seen at United.

He’s a match winner, simple as that and he’ll win matches for any team in the land, he’s that good.

He reminds me of George Best. He could skip round tackles just like Illy.

Sabella was fantastic. Booted around the shop by carthorses on muddy ploughed pitches and still looked balletic. If he'd had the same work ethic as Illy he'd have been half as good as him...But he didn't, so he was about a quarter as good as him.

Another fabulous bit of skill for his goal today. Balance, quickness of thought and technical ability ghosted him past the keeper. Quality goal from a quality player etc. The thing I'm posting about though, is the way he plays the game. He's a marked man who gets kicked, shoved, dragged all over the shop but he stays on his feet. It takes a rare specimen to ride the contact as well as he does while keeping complete control of the ball. Can barely think of any comparisons, even at the very top level.

Easily the best players I’ve ever seen play for United.

Those of us lucky enough to have seen him will be talking of him in the years to come like people who were lucky enough to have seen Hagan or Currie.

His goal today was so so classy, lightning pace, skill at pace, balance and then smash it home.

What a joy to witness quality of this level.

Definitely sits at the table with Currie/Woodward and Sabella that's not many in the last 50 years.

32 years watching United, best player I've seen. Hands down.

There can be endless debate about whether or not he's the most skilful Blade in living memory. But what's beyond doubt is that his attitude on the pitch is top drawer. So brave, gets kicked all over but never lets it bother him. So tenacious , if he loses possession, whether by getting tackled or misdirecting a pass , he never gives up , he goes and wins the ball back. What an example he sets.

Extremely grateful to watch him each week in a Blades shirt.

I think he could play for any team in the world, he’s that good. I can’t even think of a player in English football that is like him? So unique, and has the work rate to match, what a dream

I'm just going to say it...Best player I've seen in a red & white shirt.

Just a magical player - how lucky are we to see him develop.

By a long way for me, 32 years I’ve been watching so granted we’ve not had tonnes of superstars, but he’s something else. Standing ovation for that bit of skill he did, he even gave it away and won it back.

It has been an absolute privilege watching Illy this season. A supremely talented footballer who plays the game with a smile on his face despite the stick he gets from opposing teams.

He was unplayable in that first half today.

A magnificent player.

Said it got a while but he’s going all the way if he can stay injury free. By far the best footballer we’ve had in a red and white shirt.

When macatee was getting treatment in the first half i was watching illiman , he had the ball and was just flicking it about doing his repetoire of tricks not against anyone just doing them for his pleasure, this kid must love playing football and is a true joy to watch, the most skillful player in my 50plus years of watching.

That confidence and ability, mixed with the tenacity and passion almost guarantees him one hell of a career. Kids got it all, and the world at his feet.
Any since Sunday?

Can we stop blowing smoke up his arse now. He played for us for 2 seasons.

Great player but he’s been happy to fuck us over to get a few extra quid out of Marseille.

Absolutely love this lad , if I had one criticism his release the ball timing needs work he'll leave OM within 2 years if he develops like he is ATM

Welcome to come back whenever he wants to get his career back on track and become the player we all know he should be.
8lade

Got to agree with this. He has royally screwed over Hecky and the team with the late move.

Shite to do what he did, bet he's suffering a culture shock on and off the pitch, the wife might miss the rolling hills and peaceful Sheffield folk as well..

But... His transfer fee probably enabled the Archer deal, I know who I'd prefer..

Don't forget he was a free player sold for good money, it's a big amount for a youth team kid..

As above, welcome back though..

Back
Top Bottom