Hecky on Sports Heaven tonight (6-7pm)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I need to listen to the Hecky show from last night, however anything he’s said to contradict what the owner says or thinks will quickly be put right by either SUW or Dazza Smith at the behest of Abdullah I’m sure.

I need to listen to the Hecky show from last night, however anything he’s said to contradict what the owner says or thinks will quickly be put right by either SUW or Dazza Smith at the behest of Abdullah I’m sure.

Amazing isn't it. Company with nine-figure turnover doesn't have an effective PR/Comms team... Relying instead on two fan boys in their spare bedroom and a semi-retired bean-counter!

For all these experts in voice emotional recognition (not sure that’s a thing but whatever)… I think he was just as fucked off as most of us that Ndiaye has gone. It’s that simple. It’ll take time to recover from. It’s hard for us as fans but I bet Iliman was like a son to him as well as being the star of the team.

He has always come across to me as hating interviews and that side of the game. Just wants to get on with his job. I believe he’s probably deep down happier coaching the kids that comes with far less media shite. Just isn’t his thing. Some revel in it, he doesn’t.

Amazing isn't it. Company with nine-figure turnover doesn't have an effective PR/Comms team... Relying instead on two fan boys in their spare bedroom and a semi-retired bean-counter!
At least he does communicate, when did you last hear from Joe Lewis at Tottenham, the Glazers, the Newcastle Saudis etc etc?

And would you take any more notice of a company employed PR team rather than 2 actual real life fans?

Good listen! He's a really nice bloke and it's easy to see why he makes such a good impression on the players.

For all these experts in voice emotional recognition (not sure that’s a thing but whatever)… I think he was just as fucked off as most of us that Ndiaye has gone. It’s that simple. It’ll take time to recover from. It’s hard for us as fans but I bet Iliman was like a son to him as well as being the star of the team.

He has always come across to me as hating interviews and that side of the game. Just wants to get on with his job. I believe he’s probably deep down happier coaching the kids that comes with far less media shite. Just isn’t his thing. Some revel in it, he doesn’t.
We are both making different assumptions about this interview. It is obvious from previous pre and post match sessions that he doesn’t enjoy it, because he is always asked dumb questions that he can’t, or doesn’t want to answer. It’s just part of his media duties.
This was no different. N’diaye has gone. We wish him well. We move on.
His immediate task now is to bring the squad up to speed, and get them back on board.
He’s a no nonesense Yorkshire bloke. That why I like him.

DS isn't happy with Radio Sheffield looking at twitter. Such a fucking mess

Unfortunately last night seems to have had little to no impact on his actions. You’d like to think of any fan was explicitly told to stop doing something by the first team manager they would do so but seems not.

Which backs up what Sean Thornton and many others have said about him for a while. He is an attention seeking clown who is leaking info PA would like him to leak and I would not be surprised if Wilder wasn't happy with Smith either when he was here.

Unfortunately last night seems to have had little to no impact on his actions. You’d like to think of any fan was explicitly told to stop doing something by the first team manager they would do so but seems not.

I don't understand what anyone other than a few youngsters on twitter are getting out of it now. Seems like totally unnecessary drama for a club divided as it is

I don't understand what anyone other than a few youngsters on twitter are getting out of it now. Seems like totally unnecessary drama for a club divided as it is
who knows his continued access to info implies support for him and his actions and Hecky’s criticism implies the opposite from the management team he’s obviously part of some internal politicking that we aren’t party too. I just wish we’d get our house in order and start behaving like a competent club.

I wonder if his purpose in the short term will be to help “manage the exit” of Ndiaye and in the medium term “manage the exit” of the prince from a PR point of view.

One for Hal and Nick to ask PA why he keeps passing information to Darren Smith. I doubt we will see that question get asked.

Clubs leaking stuff has gone on forever. However it's normally to journalists when it's essentially a done deal. Clearly something Mr Smith does has annoyed Hecky. Maybe it's the fact the club owner is directly going to people to leak stuff. Who knows. Either way if the manager said he didn't like it I would stop in the same position!

Just listened to the full interview.
Like the honesty of him, there are some things that aren't wise to share openly, but where he can I feel he is completely open.
We are very lucky to have Paul Heckingbottom and his staff, I think we are in good hands for the short to medium term.
If we do go back down I would really hope we don't 'knee-jerk' and change things.
I also realise things can quickly change, we have experienced that with Wilder, but for us, at this period in our history, I feel he is the perfect fit for us.

One for Hal and Nick to ask PA why he keeps passing information to Darren Smith. I doubt we will see that question get asked.
That is the question that needs to be asked.

Why is our owner Prince Abdullah giving info to Darren Smith when our manager is clearly unhappy with this.

What does Prince Abdullah hope to achieve by passing on info on to Darren Smith surely that is counter productive.

At least he does communicate, when did you last hear from Joe Lewis at Tottenham, the Glazers, the Newcastle Saudis etc etc?

Good examples, but only to a point..

Don't forget the Dolphin Killer ('Mister Chansiri') 'communicates' with his garbled programme notes and the like.

I know English isn't his first language, but bloody hell, he does talk some shite. No matter though, NKT seem to lap it all up.

Clubs leaking stuff has gone on forever. However it's normally to journalists when it's essentially a done deal. Clearly something Mr Smith does has annoyed Hecky. Maybe it's the fact the club owner is directly going to people to leak stuff. Who knows. Either way if the manager said he didn't like it I would stop in the same position!
I suspect the issue here is the normal channels of communication that include information being given to journalists is being by passed. The inference a number of staff in addition to PH are aware of whats going on implies dissatisfaction is not just limited to PH at Club level. The Clubs Press Officer for example may not be too happy that he/she is being excluded from the leaks and has concerns about the content of the wording and medium used to convey the messages.

In PH's case he meets with the media each week and has the opportunity to develop relationships with them as borne out by the interview with Adam Oxley last night. With the Prince choosing non media personnel to give out messages any modicum of control over what goes out is lost. Its not professional and those employed to manage communication will have concerns that someone else is doing their job for them.

The manager has expressed his unhappiness with the situation in public, other staff it seems have similar concerns. Someone at the Club probably the CEO imo needs to have a quiet word with the Prince and close off these unofficial leaks.

Did anyone else see him say we tapped up Slimane… granted he said everyone does it which is true but was surprised to see him say we had done it.

Did anyone else see him say we tapped up Slimane… granted he said everyone does it which is true but was surprised to see him say we had done it.

I am sure he said we were showing him around the lane back in June.

Has he said that on Twitter?

I am sure he said we were showing him around the lane back in June.
In regards to tapping up players i.e Ndiaye he said all clubs do it, and we agreed everything with Slimane early June but didn’t with his club till July, tapped him up. But it’s normal behaviour now but I was still surprised to see him admit we had done it.

Recruitment plans being made public can only hinder process.

100%.

Even saying the whole of the IN transfer budget is available makes selling clubs/agents open to inflating prices.

When playing poker do any people lay all their cards on the table, look what I've got ?

Yet some fans think all our transfer business should be made available on social media.😶‍🌫️

Personally, I'd be happy for all transfer activity to be kept secret until completed if it helped ensure deals get over the line.

However, such is the clamour for news (typified by the rumours section on here), coupled with the glamour/recognition that some see from being ITK, result in it being very difficult to manage with the temptation to leak being too much for some.

I don't have any issue with people like Darren Smith, nor the local journalists amplifying news when they're fed it - it is for the club to manage the information flow and address any leaks.

Back
Top Bottom