Hecky on Sports Heaven tonight (6-7pm)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are both making different assumptions about this interview. It is obvious from previous pre and post match sessions that he doesn’t enjoy it, because he is always asked dumb questions that he can’t, or doesn’t want to answer. It’s just part of his media duties.
This was no different. N’diaye has gone. We wish him well. We move on.
His immediate task now is to bring the squad up to speed, and get them back on board.
He’s a no nonesense Yorkshire bloke. That why I like him.
We can’t be making different assumptions because you go on to say pretty much what I’ve said. Or at least what I think and was trying to say 🤣

At least he does communicate, when did you last hear from Joe Lewis at Tottenham, the Glazers, the Newcastle Saudis etc etc?
To highlight that point - until his recent legal troubles I wasn't even aware that it was Lewis that owned Spurs!

We can’t be making different assumptions because you go on to say pretty much what I’ve said. Or at least what I think and was trying to say 🤣
It confused me a bit when you said Hecky was pissed off about N’diaye leaving. For whatever reason he can’t afford to present that view in public. According to PH the players are gutted. PH is right when he says N’diaye is gone, we wish him well, we move on.
Even if he is actually sad, disappointed or even angry. The team and the club need those players back on an even keel.

Clubs leaking stuff has gone on forever. However it's normally to journalists when it's essentially a done deal. Clearly something Mr Smith does has annoyed Hecky. Maybe it's the fact the club owner is directly going to people to leak stuff. Who knows. Either way if the manager said he didn't like it I would stop in the same position!
Maybe he found out Ily was leaving before Hecky did!

I don't have any issue with people like Darren Smith, nor the local journalists amplifying news when they're fed it - it is for the club to manage the information flow and address any leaks.
That's really the point isn't it? We have an absentee owner and absentee Chairman and when Hecky took over Giansiracusa said we wouldn't be hearing from them. That's been largely true apart from them now apparently running their own PR department.

It's not even really for Hecky to condemn it, he's the manager, surely it should be Bettis's job to make his boss/es understand that they're undermining the club's efforts in different areas. In fact, it's hard to believe the Prince is helping his own bigger cause of trying to sell the club.

If Hecky doesn’t like people leaking information on Twitter for likes or YouTube for views and it isn’t helping the club, it should be stopped for the good of the club. End of.
Well it's something that Hecky and the Prince need to sort out. I agree with you that if Hecky doesn't like it then as he's the manager it should stop. A lot of what Darren says which is sometimes quoted through Blades Ramble and the Sheff Utd Way is vague and from my knowledge he doesn't say anything that could scupper a deal. From what I've seen Darren only comments when something is out there already but if it's just Alan Nixon going on about things and then Darren says yes its true, perhaps he should refrain from commenting either way. But then you've got fans saying that the club never communicates with the fans, they're dammed either way it seems!

Well it's something that Hecky and the Prince need to sort out. I agree with you that if Hecky doesn't like it then as he's the manager it should stop. A lot of what Darren says which is sometimes quoted through Blades Ramble and the Sheff Utd Way is vague and from my knowledge he doesn't say anything that could scupper a deal. From what I've seen Darren only comments when something is out there already but if it's just Alan Nixon going on about things and then Darren says yes its true, perhaps he should refrain from commenting either way. But then you've got fans saying that the club never communicates with the fans, they're dammed either way it seems!

If the manager is asking it to stop as he says it’s affecting how he does business, it should be stopped surely?

If the manager is asking it to stop as he says it’s affecting how he does business, it should be stopped surely?
Yeah I'd say so, but it's a conversation that Hecky needs to have with the Prince and it's not ideal that it's come out in public that Hecky wasn't happy on it, but during an interview and you're asked a question then it can be difficult not to answer, I've not heard Hecky's quote on it.

Yeah I'd say so, but it's a conversation that Hecky needs to have with the Prince and it's not ideal that it's come out in public that Hecky wasn't happy on it, but during an interview and you're asked a question then it can be difficult not to answer, I've not heard Hecky's quote on it.

To paraphrase he said it shouldn’t happen as it doesn’t help the club.

There was a lad leaking things on Twitter under Wilder, team selections I believe, I know his Dad well as will most older Blades. Wilder phoned him up personally and told him to stop. It stopped from that moment and the lad deleted his twitter. That is the story I was told.

The reason it stopped there and then was the lad is a Blades mad and realised it was to the detriment of the club. Seems DW doesn’t have those same feelings towards the club and still craves the attention.

Seems like a few want to remove the Rumour Mill from this site - if this is correct I'm sure it could be easily done. Nobody talking, speculating, castigating about signings or departures.

The caller referenced Darren Smith specifically and Hecky seemed to twig straight away.

I think Linz also commented that people at the club aren't happy with DS.

In the space of a few weeks I've gone from having no opinion on DS, to thinking he's flounce fragile on social media, to after today that he's a bit of a dick.

If not, PA has him under his spell.

If our manager, especially this bloke after what he's done snd what he's dealt with, had said he wasn't happy with my tweets then I'd have adopted radio silence for the foreseeable.

Seems like a few want to remove the Rumour Mill from this site - if this is correct I'm sure it could be easily done. Nobody talking, speculating, castigating about signings or departures.
Not the same though is it.

This is effectively the owner openly leaking info via his mate.

Not sn anonymous username or journo.

Not the same though is it.

This is effectively the owner openly leaking info via his mate.

Not sn anonymous username or journo.
I really don't see the difference. Rumours are started somewhere - anonymous / journes / friends. If people don't want the rumour mill just say so. If there are rules around where this can be sourced just say so.

I suspect the issue here is the normal channels of communication that include information being given to journalists is being by passed. The inference a number of staff in addition to PH are aware of whats going on implies dissatisfaction is not just limited to PH at Club level. The Clubs Press Officer for example may not be too happy that he/she is being excluded from the leaks and has concerns about the content of the wording and medium used to convey the messages.

In PH's case he meets with the media each week and has the opportunity to develop relationships with them as borne out by the interview with Adam Oxley last night. With the Prince choosing non media personnel to give out messages any modicum of control over what goes out is lost. Its not professional and those employed to manage communication will have concerns that someone else is doing their job for them.

The manager has expressed his unhappiness with the situation in public, other staff it seems have similar concerns. Someone at the Club probably the CEO imo needs to have a quiet word with the Prince and close off these unofficial leaks.
The CEO ? The Chairman Giransyracusa we never see or hear ? The Prince who’s desperate to sell his club but likes to go on SUW ? All part of the clumsy structure of senior management at our club which creates the impression of poor leadership and progress which can be described as bungling at best.

Surely the main thing to take from the interview is that Hecky reads theoretical physics in his spare time, and he is a fan of Nordic noir thrillers.

He is a Jo Nesbo completist, although if he hasn’t already he should try Stieg Larsson who I think is better. Listen, I think he said before he doesn’t do much TV, but best of the genre is ‘The Killing’ S1. He should ask Ben, he’ll know.

I really don't see the difference. Rumours are started somewhere - anonymous / journes / friends. If people don't want the rumour mill just say so. If there are rules around where this can be sourced just say so.
I’ve no idea how you can’t see the difference between a page with mostly newspaper speculation and player suggestions and a bloke known to be a close associate of our owner regularly sharing details of our transfer strategy with thousands of people.

I’ve no idea how you can’t see the difference between a page with mostly newspaper speculation and player suggestions and a bloke known to be a close associate of our owner regularly sharing details of our transfer strategy with thousands of people.
I honestly take it all with a good pinch of salt. Just provide the guidelines to be adhered to.

Why do people keep seeking info in rumour mill?

Agree. Then there’s those at BL prompting their monkeys to keep using the A word last season. That doesn’t help the club either but there’s no comeback for them. Is Hecky aware of them?

Agree. Then there’s those at BL prompting their monkeys to keep using the A word last season. That doesn’t help the club either but there’s no comeback for them. Is Hecky aware of them?
Fair point. I suppose there was a tiny bit more subtlety to that message. Perhaps not literally in some cases (you know what I mean) but it’s unlikely what was being said in the Blades Sold thread would be brought up on Radio Sheffield for eg.

Sorry, BL, Monkeys and A word, a bit to cryptic can you explain please?

I love Hecky. He's plain speaking and down to earth in the same way Wilder was but without the emotional outbursts. Very dignified and diplomatic in the way he answers the questions put to him.

Agree but Hecky never reveals much.
In some ways it's a good thing because there's never controversy and he never rocks the boat
but I never look forward to his pre and post match interviews like I did with Wilder.

Back
Top Bottom