Former Everton bloke?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As the OP is about former Evertonians how do people feel about Weir coming back if it means we get Warburton?

As the OP is about former Evertonians how do people feel about Weir coming back if it means we get Warburton?

Hell no.

Tangentially, I wonder how much latitude Warburton has to make decisions actually. The guy who owns Brentford also owns a club in Denmark, and the manager's decision making seems subservient to organisational philosophy (a bit like at Newcastle, but for different reasons). The point being that it's not Warburton and Weir doing well, but the system doing well.

Indeed, they've done what McCabe couldn't do with Ferencvaros - won a CL place on the cheap in Denmark.

Hell no.

Tangentially, I wonder how much latitude Warburton has to make decisions actually. The guy who owns Brentford also owns a club in Denmark, and the manager's decision making seems subservient to organisational philosophy (a bit like at Newcastle, but for different reasons). The point being that it's not Warburton and Weir doing well, but the system doing well.

Indeed, they've done what McCabe couldn't do with Ferencvaros - won a CL place on the cheap in Denmark.
That's why Warburton is going. Following the success of FC Midjytlland the owner wants to take Brentford to another level, in terms of how they are run.

He's a 'professional gambler' but what that actually means is that he is a skilled mathematician who uses models to make predictions.

He is trying to do the same in football, run it all based on mathematical models including scouting and, apparently, half time team talks.

It's either insanity or the future.

He is trying to do the same in football, run it all based on mathematical models including scouting and, apparently, half time team talks.

Kin El. Can see Morgan bashing away on a calculator at half time trying to figure out what the manager should be saying

If Warburton were to be appointed, he can bring in anyone he likes into his back room staff if he felt it would help achieve success. For the record, I'd be surprised if Weir himself would want to come back in that sort of role - more likely I'd have thought that he'll try and work with the next Brentford boss.

We don't want another inexperienced manager. One season in the second flight of Scottish football (and failing to get one of Scotland's bigger sides back into the top division) is not experience.

If Weir were prepared to come back as an assistant, having previously been top dog then fair play to him. It would make him a bigger man than most.

Sadly I think Warburton will hold on for a Chumpionship job. He's just got his club in the play offs so why drop a division to manage a 'sleeping giant' with over expectant fans?

Adkins it is then?

I thought weir was all water under the bridge

Play on words there.:)

That's why Warburton is going. Following the success of FC Midjytlland the owner wants to take Brentford to another level, in terms of how they are run.

He's a 'professional gambler' but what that actually means is that he is a skilled mathematician who uses models to make predictions.

Meanwhile over at the mcabes they close their eyes and stick a pin in a list of names when deciding a new manager

Kin El. Can see Morgan bashing away on a calculator at half time trying to figure out what the manager should be saying

Like this?

Calculator-math-loss-300x199.jpg

Back
Top Bottom