Montgomery to Hibs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Just been announced apparently Nick Montgomery new Hibs manager. Never a great player but a brave and committed one. Bit of a surprise him leaving Australia GLTTL
If this needs to go in other football or sport please move it. Monty has a habit of being dragged into other threads on this site through no fault of his own.

Just been announced apparently Nick Montgomery new Hibs manager. Never a great player but a brave and committed one. Bit of a surprise him leaving Australia GLTTL
If this needs to go in other football or sport please move it. Monty has a habit of being dragged into other threads on this site through no fault of his own.
Brave & committed, and also a great professional. I’m not at all surprised that he is having success as a coach. There are reasons that managers & team mates valued him so highly.

Tbf Hibs are a cracking club. He's getting more experience and building up his knowledge and ability. Still wouldn't be surprised if one day he is back at the Lane as the gaffer.

As for moving from Aussie. I can see what some would say he must be off his rocker, but he is still relatively young and wants to progress in his career. Sometimes you have done what you think you can achieve at a certain company and you think it's time to move on to test yourself somewhere else. He'll probably retire back over in Australia one day but for now he is pushing his professional career. Good on him.

Tbf Hibs are a cracking club. He's getting more experience and building up his knowledge and ability. Still wouldn't be surprised if one day he is back at the Lane as the gaffer.

As for moving from Aussie. I can see what some would say he must be off his rocker, but he is still relatively young and wants to progress in his career. Sometimes you have done what you think you can achieve at a certain company and you think it's time to move on to test yourself somewhere else. He'll probably retire back over in Australia one day but for now he is pushing his professional career. Good on him.
Yep, and it hasn’t worked out too badly for the last manager to make the trip from Australia to the SPL. I wouldn’t be surprised if Postecoglou had recommended him.

A great club but not too sure it is the right move for Monty, time will tell though

GGTTH

Its not confirmed it says he is a favourite. Two days ago they were saying Neil Lennon

Swapping sunny Oz for, um, Scotland.
I think he just pulled off one of the biggest underdog stories possible over there. Probably the best time to leave as his stock will be high and sustaining what he’s just done is impossible.

Fair play to him and if they become the 3rd or 4th best team then he’s done well.

I have no idea - how have his been doing in the last 5 years or so?

Central Coast Mariners played decent attacking football last season. Monty has bought through youngsters and misfits from all over the world and shaped them into a decent team. Who knows could be a future manger for us!

Monty was an absolute legend! Loved his commitment and long range shooting skills, ahem

I was really pleasantly surprised how well him and Morgs stepped up for that 2006/7 premier season.

A great servant for us (see the current fewest player link thread), and woefully underapreciated. What he lacked in flair, he made up for in work rate.

Back
Top Bottom