Montgomery to Hibs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I missed those. I WAS THERE when Monty scored in the 4-0 demolition of dirty Leeds at Elland Road.

Nothing but fond memories of him as a player. Yes he was technically limited, but he never, EVER gave less than 100%, and given some of the dross we had in the middle in the years after he left, I'd dare to say he wasn't as bad as many people like to make out.
I was a big fan. Always got time for a grafter.

Been good to read so many positive things about him on here. The Mariners fans seem like they adore him too.

Quietly confident about this appointment. Monty came across well I njis first press conference too.

A no nonsense Yorkshireman will be just the antidote to a year listening to Lee Johnson David Brent his way through press conferences.

Been good to read so many positive things about him on here. The Mariners fans seem like they adore him too.

Quietly confident about this appointment. Monty came across well I njis first press conference too.

A no nonsense Yorkshireman will be just the antidote to a year listening to Lee Johnson David Brent his way through press conferences.
Me too. Let’s face it, he doesn’t have much to beat

Entrant for Insult of the year there :)

I know folk who have lived in Brisbane and Perth - significantly bigger than where Monty Has been based - who were bored out of their minds. Huge suburbs, small, quiet city centres, good for outdoors stuff but not a fat lot else is what I’m told. I’ve been to both places and I’d live in Edinburgh above either.

Melbourne and Sydney are legitimately great cities.
I've been to Perth many times and I think it's a great place. There's the beautiful Kings Park, loads of stunning beaches and if you're bored by that, you can take a short tram ride to Fremantle which is one of my favourite places for a drinking day out including the Little Creatures brewery and Shark and Chips by the harbour.

Australia is sometimes portrayed as some sort of paradise but, like anywhere else, it has its downsides too.
I know a chap in Australia who I met through the online maker community. He’s a lovely chap in his own curmudgeonly way, always keen to help others despite his own disability, and he takes great delight in sharing pictures of the wildlife he encounters. Mainly all the fucking sneks and big fuck-off spiders. No, thank you.

I've been to Perth many times and I think it's a great place. There's the beautiful Kings Park, loads of stunning beaches and if you're bored by that, you can take a short tram ride to Fremantle which is one of my favourite places for a drinking day out including the Little Creatures brewery and Shark and Chips by the harbour.
I love Little Creatures. A great spot and good beer. Stayed near Kings Park a couple of weeks ago and have been to Perth a few times. Cottesloe is a favourite of mine and for anyone who likes seafood, it doesn't get any better.

I really like Oz, I go quite regularly for work but found it too late to want to live there.

I know folk who have lived in Brisbane and Perth - significantly bigger than where Monty Has been based - who were bored out of their minds. Huge suburbs, small, quiet city centres, good for outdoors stuff but not a fat lot else is what I’m told. I’ve been to both places and I’d live in Edinburgh above either.

Melbourne and Sydney are legitimately great cities.
Got to defend Bris Vegas a bit I'm afraid. I've been out here 18 years and love it. Different people value different things, which is fine, but to say there's nothing to do isn't really true.

When I first got here it was a bit of a big country town, but it's developed over the years. I've seen galleries and many great small bars open. There's always been a good local music scene and we get most of the big acts stopping whenever they are this side of the world. The city centre is really a commercial centre (albeit with some alright bars). The Valley is where most of the clubs and bars are if that's what you're after. Some of the suburbs are great as well. I'm in Sandgate where we've got a couple of good pubs as well as half a dozen smaller bars, most of which are excellent. I still get to play football in a competitive over 35s league with five divisions. And I haven't even mentioned the weather, beaches, and other outdoor stuff.

I miss family and friends, but not enough to ever want to move back to the UK for.

I have a daughter & 2 grandkids (12 & 9) in Australia. They are actively seeking to move back to the UK. Many reasons, family amongst them, but also the horrific heat at certain times and forest fires - if you’ve had one in the vicinity you really don’t want to have another one.

There can be lots of reasons. Australia is sometimes portrayed as some sort of paradise but, like anywhere else, it has its downsides too.
Indeed, it’s full of Aussies for a start.

Montys lot one game away from a cup final got Aberdeen in the draw who are 2nd bottom.
Pretty standard stuff for them 5 out the last 9 years they've reached the semis at least With 2 finals and 8 out of the last 12 in the Scottish cup too, with 4 finals. Only 1 win though and that was there's first Scottish cup for 112 years or something.

Pretty standard stuff for them 5 out the last 9 years they've reached the semis at least With 2 finals and 8 out of the last 12 in the Scottish cup too, with 4 finals. Only 1 win though and that was there's first Scottish cup for 112 years or something.
Yeah if you avoid Celtic or rangers you stand a decent chance of making a final exactly why it's a upgrade on doing a good job in Australia

Interview with Monty afore Satdi’s Jambo’s v Vermin game about his derby experiences:-
“I remember sitting in the dressing room at Hillsborough, with the concrete stands above us, and you could hear all the footsteps of fans coming in, the noise they were generating.
“We went out to do our warmup and the stadium was packed. Which is not normal!”

Eza a Blade & Eza Blade !!!

This should be interesting listening to Monty

'Sky viewers will hear exactly what goes on during an Edinburgh derby with Hibs boss Nick Montgomery set to mic up for the capital clash.

Hearts travel across the capital to Easter Road on Wednesday December 27 for the second meeting of the sides this season. And the broadcaster is set to do things a little differently to normal. While Montgomery will be wearing a radio mic, he'll also be able to speak directly to the Sky Sports commentary team. Assistant Sergio Raimundo will have a bodycam on to give a first-person view from the touchline, as will a Hearts player during the warm up.

Cameras will also capture the goings on inside the home dressing room, although there will be no audio from pre-match or half-time team talks. A Hibs star will be interviewed in the dressing pre-match, however, and post-match chats will be conducted on the Easter Road pitch.

Gary Hughes, Director of Football Sky Sports said: “We strive to be at the forefront of innovation and continue to explore new ways we can allow fans to get closer to the action with our coverage. We are so pleased to have been able to work alongside Hibs, Hearts and the SPFL, with a joint ambition to tell the story of this hugely competitive derby to our audience in a new and exciting way.”

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster added: “We’re really pleased to have been able to work with both clubs and Sky Sports to showcase their latest broadcasting innovations, helping put supporters right at the heart of the action in the Edinburgh Derby.'

It’s a shame but it takes a few years to start until he should have been linked with our job by some supporters.

Young manager learning his trade. He should look towards Heckys career. Come back to England and work for a good manager as an U23 coach and then wait until can step into the main job.

Back
Top Bottom