Prince Abdullah

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's not really personally embarrassing for you though is it? Bit of an over reaction if you are. The club clearly had cash flow issues, maybe they didn't fully expect them but these things happen. Also we don't know exactly what happened or why or whether it was linked to the proposed takeover, but some fans are choosing to speculate. Personally I think it's not the time to criticise, it's time to celebrate the reason why we watch footy in the first place, to win and be successful.
I have no problem with celebrating wh at has been achieved. And I am happy that we are going up and potentially putting the club on firmer ground. My point was and is that I wouldn't call holding back payments to local business as being part of playing a blinder. Bettis came out with it himself. We don't know the full details on the state of the club finances and that will appear in time and that doesn't bother me. Its not an over reaction to point out something that was not a good thing do.

I doubt there is a club in England that hasn’t been late with payments at one point or another in their history. It also wouldn’t surprise me if more than half the football league clubs made a late payment at some point this season.

Football clubs being run badly compared to “normal” businesses is pretty much standard, so it’s nothing to be worried or ashamed about as a fan of United that we were one of the worst offenders this season.

Hi Princey, I know times are a bit hard at the moment and we are all feeling the pinch but get your short fat arms into your very long pockets and pay this fella what he's worth and I guarantee he will make you a very rich man.

images

Jeezus the way some people are acting on here they would want anyone who's late in paying their power bill to be put behind bars and await the death sentence.

We were treated the same way by the EFL as any citizen in the uk would have been for late payment.. Get put on notice, have services cut off (unable to sign anyone/power cut off) and then if continued to fail to pay have further penalities (points reduction/debt collectors sent in)

I really fail to see in any universe where this would be described as 'cheating' lmfao.

Skint people don't have millions of pounds worth of assets they could sell to pay their debts.

We all know the reality of owning a football club, and I would've thought we'd all agree that failure to follow the rules of the competitions you compete in sullies the sport.

He has bought a club and failed to adequately fund it. He doesn't have the money to pour in regularly, and he chose not to sell assets or players to pay our debts. I think that is a bit bad - not evil or inspiring of rage.
It's just scale. Poor people could sell assets to pay the leccy bill. He could sell his business to buy us more players, or a nice concourse for us to sup beer and eat pies in.

None of what he's done is cheating. Also from day one he was clear about his financial situation.

Dont want that at all. I’d much rather become a team with similar wealth to a team like Brighton/Leeds/Everton - allows us to keep an identity and establish ourselves as a PL team
Leeds and Everton may go down and Brighton are having a purple patch in their history. Maybe a Tottenham? I see it the only teams that are Prem established are wealthy. You may not want to be a wealthy club and all that comes with it but this is the 2020's, there is no room for a community based team. It is all about money, money and money if you want to stay in the big league.

It's just scale. Poor people could sell assets to pay the leccy bill. He could sell his business to buy us more players, or a nice concourse for us to sup beer and eat pies in.

None of what he's done is cheating. Also from day one he was clear about his financial situation.
Cheating is a bit much tbf. It implies he did it consciously to gain an advantage which I doubt.

Can we not agree that it's a bit bad? Not ideal? He was clear about his financial situation, so should have known he wouldn't be able to make the payments. He could have sold players to make the payments, spent less or sold his personal assets.

I'm not saying he's worse than any other owners, or deserves loads of stick, or that Kev was any better. Just not on board with the praise.

So is this takeover all but over and it was a stunt ?

I’m not here trying to defend the Prince and how we ended up under embargo, I’m not sure it’s as easy and black and white as what those who do want to criticise him for it etc, but I don’t know full story

The only point I’m trying to make is even if he didn’t want to be at the last two games, there was nothing to gain from doing that, it would have just been negatively viewed from everyone else outside of the fan base
It’s not a shambles, they took a calculated risk to keep the squad together knowing that if the proverbial financial shit hit the fan they would have to sell a player in January.
We hardly sold anyone apart from Ramsdale after promotion, that’s what’s caused the issues but on the flip side we’ve kept out best players and got promoted.
We even spent £4m on Anel which looks a shred bit of business.
Give me PA over any other owner in my lifetime.

Mail are at it again I see

This time regarding player promotion bonuses

Quite literally one of the weirdest articles I have ever read. So much speculation, bet its a west ham fan or summat.

I doubt there is a club in England that hasn’t been late with payments at one point or another in their history. It also wouldn’t surprise me if more than half the football league clubs made a late payment at some point this season.

Football clubs being run badly compared to “normal” businesses is pretty much standard, so it’s nothing to be worried or ashamed about as a fan of United that we were one of the worst offenders this season.
There isn’t a business in England that hasn’t been late with payments, never mind a football club.
Half of the retailers you shop in are managing cash flow in this way at the moment.

Mail are at it again I see

This time regarding player promotion bonuses

Absolutely gutter press reporting imo. Clearly got an agenda against us rather than publish well done and despite recent financial issues, times are looking much better for The Blades now promotion to the PL is secured! FWIW, whilst I'm back in the UK staying with my old Dad, I pick him this bog roll paper up every day... Tomorrow I may go on strike and show him this article as to why. Plus, heavy rain and wind looms and a 10 minute walk each way.

Need to clear up a few misconceptions here:
  • We didn't overspend while we were in the Prem. Every promoted team this season has spent more than we did. We also had the lowest wage bill - by far - in the PL. We were spending about 50% of our revenue on wages. That was the lowest ratio in the league by a country mile.
  • Prince Abdullah has not funded anything or given the manager any money at all. He has invested a total of £5m since he joined the club. £5m. In total. And that was only when McCabe begged him for money to cover basic running costs.
  • It is extremely rare for clubs in receipt of parachute payments to be placed under a transfer embargo or administration. It is reserved for basket case clubs like Leeds and Portsmouth, who quite evidently overspent. We did not overspend, clearly, yet we were on the brink of administration this season. And I honestly think without the FA Cup run we would've gone into administration.
I don't think anything I said above is particularly controversial. And it is all correct. I just don't know how you can arrive at the conclusion that the Prince is a good owner if you take even one of my points into account.

• We didn't overspend while we were in the Prem. Every promoted team this season has spent more than we did. We also had the lowest wage bill - by far - in the PL. We were spending about 50% of our revenue on wages. That was the lowest ratio in the league by a country mile.
  • Prince Abdullah has not funded anything or given the manager any money at all. He has invested a total of £5m since he joined the club. £5m. In total. And that was only when McCabe begged him for money to cover basic running costs.
  • It is extremely rare for clubs in receipt of parachute payments to be placed under a transfer embargo or administration. It is reserved for basket case clubs like Leeds and Portsmouth, who quite evidently overspent. We did not overspend, clearly, yet we were on the brink of administration this season. And I honestly think without the FA Cup run we would've gone into administration.
I don't think anything I said above is particularly controversial. And it is all correct. I just don't know how you can arrive at the conclusion that the Prince is a good owner if you take even one of my points into account.

If you commit to spending more money than actually comes in, you’ve overspent.

£5m😄Utter bollocks. His investment is there for all to see at Companies House. Gormless, stupid and uninformed comment.

Embargo’s come from the football authorities. Administrations don’t. Owners or creditors. The “brink of administration” claim came from some bitter ex employee or mouthpiece for the sane and was rubbished by Bettis.

I’ll remind you again you claimed the club wash “awash with cash”. (Feel free to scamper away from that again), so how were we on the brink of admin.

You’re either a troll or incredibly thick to post the above.

You do realize Burnley were also put in an embargo this season as well right.. so it's obviously more common than you think for a club getting parachute payments...

As for the £5 mill only...that's literally utter codwash and the accounts show it.

So actually pretty much none of what you said is accurate! Now piss off to the "My life is unfulfilling, i need something to moan about" website and moan on there.

Like Napoleon - I think I want my chairmen/women to be lucky. I think PA has taken some risks and been lucky. Fair play.

He's gambled by breaking a rule on late payment, we've received the punishment so we didn't 'get away with it', and the gamble has paid off, allowing us to earn £100m so we can now pay everything that was owed.

In terms of long term sustainability, that gamble means we are going to be a lot wealthier for at least another 3 seasons, the alternative was to not take the gamble and potentially have to sell our best players, then start from scratch with no money.

I think he's played a blinder.

Though when we come to buy new players in the future, will the selling club think fuck them they don't pay their bills.

Regardless of what's going on behind closed doors, a well-run club (still receiving parachute payments) should not be getting placed under a transfer embargo.

It is a total shambles behind the scenes!
Are you “behind the scenes” to know this as true ?

By end of March 2022 over 60 cases of clubs going into Administration.
McCabe avoided it by selling our best players, the prince has avoided it by being very clever and achieving success.
We don’t know what’s around the corner but the prince has a brilliant CV so far.

Back
Top Bottom