The Gaffer's Arblaster debate.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
I will refer to him asthe gaffer, because let's face it.... Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou is reyt, it's a bit CW heavy on here.

I've just seen that Wilder is having a pop at the young England set up and perhaps using it as a bit of a mask to hide behind, what with his changes ultimatelt impacting the flow of the game.

Apparently England knew that Arblaster was to make his full PL debut yesterday and they should have respect this and gone a bit lighter on the lad, as opposed to playing him for the full 90 minutes. The gaffer rants on about how big it is to represent his boyhood club in the PL etc etc...

Don't get me wrong but surely it is also huge for the lad to be called into the England set up and to represent his country?. You only have to look at Arblaster's temperament to see that he would happily run through a brick wall for both... and to be fair, after 85 minutes you withdrew him yourself Gaffer... it's not as though you had to pull him off on the hour mark.

I will refer to him asthe gaffer, because let's face it.... Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou is reyt, it's a bit CW heavy on here.

I've just seen that Wilder is having a pop at the young England set up and perhaps using it as a bit of a mask to hide behind, what with his changes ultimatelt impacting the flow of the game.

Apparently England knew that Arblaster was to make his full PL debut yesterday and they should have respect this and gone a bit lighter on the lad, as opposed to playing him for the full 90 minutes. The gaffer rants on about how big it is to represent his boyhood club in the PL etc etc...

Don't get me wrong but surely it is also huge for the lad to be called into the England set up and to represent his country?. You only have to look at Arblaster's temperament to see that he would happily run through a brick wall for both... and to be fair, after 85 minutes you withdrew him yourself Gaffer... it's not as though you had to pull him off on the hour mark.
If he fulfills his potential and stays with us I’d happily pull him off at the half hour mark every match.

Gi ower! Wilder was already complaining about the FA taking some of his hard earned wages off him if he'd have commented on the added time yesterday. Just think what would have happened to him had he 'pulled Arblaster off' at any time of the game, not necessarily on the hour o_Oo_O

England elite/u20 is essentially the under 21s b team. God knows what is for smaller nations. Not sure what it adds for players involved in mens football already.

England elite/u20 is essentially the under 21s b team. God knows what is for smaller nations. Not sure what it adds for players involved in mens football already.
International recognition.

I played Sunday League football and was called up to play for the County... I was buzzing my tits off! It's an achievement, an accolade.

I played Sunday League football and was called up to play for the County... I was buzzing my tits off! It's an achievement, an accolade.
Any form of international recognition is a huge achievement at any age group for any player any club.

There will probably be a small minority of players who don't care but most certainly will.

In any International Break window there may be competitive games for England U17, U19 and U21 players. That is because there are UEFA EUROs for those age groups. And the International Break windows are used for qualifying for the final tournaments.
There are FIFA World Cups for U17 and U20. But the qualification for those is via the UEFA EUROs. So, there aren't really competitive games for the U18 and U20 cohorts in International Breaks.
The Elite League is really an attempt to fill that U20 gap. If they weren't playing in that, they'd be playing friendlies.

Sunday league Vs full home debut in the premier league is slightly different though 😉

Of course it's an achievement but a full 90 when they were made aware is silly! I saw his goal from that game and it's pretty hard to suggest that type of game is going to be a better learning experience than in from the off in the premier league!

Wilder said in his interview it was an enforced change. It’s the good old debate club vs country. If I was England coach I wouldn’t care but understand CW ideally wants him fit and able to play 104 minutes for his club.

Back
Top Bottom