Prince Abdullah

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It paid off for him to cheat another club out of money we owed them. Inspirational stuff, let's hope any new owner keeps up this shrewd tradition.

Very Tory Britain. Lying, cheating, and financially incompetent with no consequences.
We didn't 'cheat' anyone.
We were late in making a scheduled payment because of cash-flow problems.
Try not to go overboard with the anti-Prince hysteria.

We didn't 'cheat' anyone.
We were late in making a scheduled payment because of cash-flow problems.
Try not to go overboard with the anti-Prince hysteria.
I'm not hysterical, just don't get the praise for him. He's probably one of the better owners in the EFL, and we may end up doing a lot worse.

Pointing out that he's just another dodgy rich bloke isn't hate.

How did it pay off? What money will we end up not paying?
Because, the comment I was replying to said that breaking the rules to hold on to our better players paid off for us. They were right to say so, it has.

I assume we'll end up paying all of it eventually, what does that matter?

It's a hard one. His reign ultimately leaves me with a feeling of mistrust and unease, yet I still remain somewhat ambivalent. Broken training ground and infrastructure promises. Criticisms of the transfer policy - only to then do more or less the same under new managers. Transparent bullshit to lure in the gullible always leave me with a feeling of distrust of anyone. The one about underwritting the signings being an obvious one. Yes, I'm sure he'd have done that if he was advised he'd lose the court case :rolleyes:. Failed takeovers to charlatatans that would surely have put us in even more trouble. Gambling the future of the club financially albeit admittedly in the end to our betterment. The transfer embargo. One permanent signing in five windows. The failure to renew the contracts of all our best assets.

The gamble paid off which is the main thing,don't get me wrong. Ultimately success on the pitch will cover up a multitude of sins. I almost forgot THAT interview with his tracksuit clad assistant which was pretty disgusting. Vanishing when times are bad and appearing when times are good . The United World failed project needs mentioning, as does the failure to still not reopen the hotel or get back the land from Mccabe.

I do think that some things have improved. The ticket office and boxes getting makeovers is an obvious positive. Fan engagement over things like kits. Social media engagement. The easier, less costy things that make things better visibly seem to have been done. The acquisition of Anel showed good scouting if we can forget the nature of the deal.

I always hark back to his first interviews where he said he couldn't afford to be sole owner. It looms ever larger in the mind now I've just heard his recent talksport interview. He seems to have gambled far more than seems sensible for both himself and our club. I'll never choose a promotion over the continued existence of SUFC. I would have been left with huge worries if we weren't promoted. Hopefully he moves us on to a minted owner with big ambitions now and leaves a hero.
Kinell , think you could be a bit hard to please !

So who has he cheated out of anything?
If you promise to pay someone money tomorrow and pay them a year later, that's not the same thing.

They might have borrowed against that money themselves, or been ready to use it to sign players or pay off debts.

If you promise to pay someone money tomorrow and pay them a year later, that's not the same thing.

They might have borrowed against that money themselves, or been ready to use it to sign players or pay off debts.
So that's cheating is it? Paying a bill late.
Also how is not having money financially incompetent? The irony of then going on to talk about Tory Britain. I suppose the skint people paying bills late are incompetent cheaters in your book then? Right on brother.

So that's cheating is it? Paying a bill late.
Also how is not having money financially incompetent? The irony of then going on to talk about Tory Britain. I suppose the skint people paying bills late are incompetent cheaters in your book then? Right on brother.
Skint people don't have millions of pounds worth of assets they could sell to pay their debts.

We all know the reality of owning a football club, and I would've thought we'd all agree that failure to follow the rules of the competitions you compete in sullies the sport.

He has bought a club and failed to adequately fund it. He doesn't have the money to pour in regularly, and he chose not to sell assets or players to pay our debts. I think that is a bit bad - not evil or inspiring of rage.

Jesus what the fuck is wrong with some people I’m sure we got promoted last night, there’s some right wet flannels on here!
I'm delighted we're up, had the day off and have been watching highlights and all the content from last night.

Seeing the Prince on the pitch gave me about 5 seconds worth of frown, nowt compared to the overboard Garyoke but nothing takes away from last night.

He's gambled by breaking a rule on late payment, we've received the punishment so we didn't 'get away with it', and the gamble has paid off, allowing us to earn £100m so we can now pay everything that was owed.

In terms of long term sustainability, that gamble means we are going to be a lot wealthier for at least another 3 seasons, the alternative was to not take the gamble and potentially have to sell our best players, then start from scratch with no money.

I think he's played a blinder.

Skint people don't have millions of pounds worth of assets they could sell to pay their debts.

We all know the reality of owning a football club, and I would've thought we'd all agree that failure to follow the rules of the competitions you compete in sullies the sport.

He has bought a club and failed to adequately fund it. He doesn't have the money to pour in regularly, and he chose not to sell assets or players to pay our debts. I think that is a bit bad - not evil or inspiring of rage.
It's called risk and reward, something that no United Chairman has ever tried before.

Because we succeeded there isn't a problem, if we failed he sells the players. Either way the problem is sorted.

We are out of embargo now and have been for two weeks which means the bills must have been paid.

A shrewd piece of management is how I'd put it, keep the players happy by keeping them paid and put off for a few months the things that can wait.

Regardless of what's going on behind closed doors, a well-run club (still receiving parachute payments) should not be getting placed under a transfer embargo.

It is a total shambles behind the scenes!
A well run club woukd have sold its better players to.cover losses
We didnt ,we gambled on promotion
Deal with it

He's gambled by breaking a rule on late payment, we've received the punishment so we didn't 'get away with it', and the gamble has paid off, allowing us to earn £100m so we can now pay everything that was owed.

In terms of long term sustainability, that gamble means we are going to be a lot wealthier for at least another 3 seasons, the alternative was to not take the gamble and potentially have to sell our best players, then start from scratch with no money.

I think he's played a blinder.

I wouldn't view not paying local provider when they should have as playing a blinder. The monies owed to other clubs or banks you can say yes that was clever and its worked out.
But owing the oil company £35,000 with them not agreeing to deliver unless the bill was paid up in full is not playing a blinder. It was embarrassing all round.

I wouldn't view not paying local provider when they should have as playing a blinder. The monies owed to other clubs or banks you can say yes that was clever and its worked out.
But owing the oil company £35,000 with them not agreeing to deliver unless the bill was paid up in full is not playing a blinder. It was embarrassing all round.
It's not really personally embarrassing for you though is it? Bit of an over reaction if you are. The club clearly had cash flow issues, maybe they didn't fully expect them but these things happen. Also we don't know exactly what happened or why or whether it was linked to the proposed takeover, but some fans are choosing to speculate. Personally I think it's not the time to criticise, it's time to celebrate the reason why we watch footy in the first place, to win and be successful.

He is clearly become out of his depth financially and has no more money to give, but fair play he kept a big squad together and fortunately for us and PA. It has paid off, we can now potentially earn circa 200 million in the next 3 years, so an opportunity to pay back Dozy loans, previous transfer fees owed, PA loans, upgrade the academy, hotel and squad with loans, free agents and some championships best players without paying stupid money for average players players, going to be an interesting summer ahead

We've been promoted twice with him as owner. He provided Wilder with tje funds to break our transfer record numerous times. That wouldn't have happened under any of our previous owners.

The embargo was the result of us gambling on promotion by not selling Ndiaye or Berge and that has now paid off. It was said we needed to raise 40m when we went down but we only sold Ramsdale as he wouldnt undersell Berge. Previous owners would have sold Berge for 10m but PA didn't.

WBA came down with us, they are in a financial mess and have massively under performed us in the 2 years since relegation.

It's clear that we need a new owner to take us to the next level but whilst waiting for a buyer PA has done a good job. We are going up FFS what do people want ?
Well said ! 👏... totally agree 100% UTB

Back
Top Bottom