Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is our plan

Football_Formation_-_Pyramid.png
Thought that was Roy Hodgesons way of England Playing

If we carry on changing the board every few months and getting a few frees in here and there then I think we could be as big a pull as the giants of the league like Charlton and Northampton

Maybe another 6 years or so

Now you're just being silly ;)

Really can't be arsed to read 5 friggin pages, did he say the following ?

- great bunch of lads
- people working hard in the background
- we won't rush signings
- we want quality not quantity.
Yes

Lot of blather about preseason. There is a mixture of an old-fashioned and scientific approach, apparently. He wants to work them so they are fit etc.
Players have reported back in fairly good condition.
There are 21-22 players out there training there today, he wants the final squad to be 24-25
Still approaching players to bring more in and hope to have them in for the Stocksbridge game with others going out before then, expecting 2 or 3 departures and 2 or 3 incoming before that fixture
Transfer listed players not lepers and are expected to work hard preseason
Asked about how far Freeman is to departing and he doesn't speak to it directly
'Close to 2 or 3 moving out' but the deals have to be right for both clubs and the player
Doesn't want to divulge specifically how transfers are going
Wants the right players with the the right character and the right ability
Asked if he is reliant on departures: 'It is a business... I've got a budget to work with and part of that is freeing money up from players that won't play a part for us next year'
Hammond's agent is 'talking to the club about a settlement'
Hammond isn't currently training with the squad.
Diego goes with best wishes - hasn't kicked on. Suggests it was a mutual decision.

Lot of blather about preseason. There is a mixture of an old-fashioned and scientific approach, apparently. He wants to work them so they are fit etc.
Players have reported back in fairly good condition.
There are 21-22 players out there training there today, he wants the final squad to be 24-25
Still approaching players to bring more in and hope to have them in for the Stocksbridge game with others going out before then, expecting 2 or 3 departures and 2 or 3 incoming before that fixture
Transfer listed players not lepers and are expected to work hard preseason
Asked about how far Freeman is to departing and he doesn't speak to it directly
'Close to 2 or 3 moving out' but the deals have to be right for both clubs and the player
Doesn't want to divulge specifically how transfers are going
Wants the right players with the the right character and the right ability
Asked if he is reliant on departures: 'It is a business... I've got a budget to work with and part of that is freeing money up from players that won't play a part for us next year'
Hammond's agent is 'talking to the club about a settlement'
Hammond isn't currently training with the squad.
Diego goes with best wishes - hasn't kicked on. Suggests it was a mutual decision.
Thanks for that.

Anyone listened to the full interview?

Several brownie points on offer for anyone wanting to do a brief summary.

In bullet points of course.
  • Behind on transfers
  • Recruitment going tits up
  • Pain in the arse moving players on
  • Need them players to move out first as the owners aren't coughing up
  • We're skint
  • What have I done

"Comfortable in the position we are" think you might be in the minority on that view Chris.

• Behind on transfers
  • Recruitment going tits up
  • Pain in the arse moving players on
  • Need them players to move out first as the owners aren't coughing up
  • We're skint
  • What have I done

It does seem to be a case of people having to leave before we can bring people in. Which wasn't the case two weeks ago. ho hum.

Getting a bit pathetic now.

2 or 3 in for 2 or 3 out - the ins now seemingly linked to the outs. And the 2 or 3 ins delayed even further than previously.

So much for the previous "clarity" about getting 3 centre-halves, a left-footed midfielder & a target man, with anything on top of that dependent on outgoings.

Getting a bit pathetic now.

2 or 3 in for 2 or 3 out - the ins now seemingly linked to the outs. And the 2 or 3 ins delayed even further than previously.

So much for the previous "clarity" about getting 3 centre-halves, a left-footed midfielder & a target man, with anything on top of that dependent on outgoings.
You should know by now they're full of shit.

I'm starting to get a bit of a whiff of Adkins with Wilder.

As has been said above, you can't say you want 6 more signings, say that anything after is dependant on outgoings, put a weeks timescale on at least one or two coming in, and then revise that to 2 or 3 in in conjunction with 2 or 3 and add in an extra week on to the timescale than you had said previously.

I don't know how he prepares for interviews but I'd advise him to listen to what he's said in his previous one before he starts in future.

As has been said above, you can't say you want 6 more signings, say that anything after is dependant on outgoings, put a weeks timescale on at least one or two coming in, and then revise that to 2 or 3 in in conjunction with 2 or 3 and add in an extra week on to the timescale than you had said previously.

I don't know how he prepares for interviews but I'd advise him to listen to what he's said in his previous one before he starts in future.
Yep, it's started..........

Thing is, I believe that CW beleives what he says. I think once he has said something he gets a telephone call and is told " we didn mean that. What we meant was...... " Oh, and when we said next week, we really meant next month.......slip of the tongue. What we'll do is send you a copy of UPDATES BY THE BOARD!

Now, do the diplomatic thing, talk like Adkins and get the fans to buy even more season tickets........

I do not think CW expected what he has got.

Yet another manager you're going to spend the season slagging off - at least let him get the first game in...

Thing is, I believe that CW beleives what he says. I think once he has said something he gets a telephone call and is told " we didn mean that. What we meant was...... " Oh, and when we said next week, we really meant next month.......slip of the tongue. What we'll do is send you a copy of UPDATES BY THE BOARD!

Now, do the diplomatic thing, talk like Adkins and get the fans to buy even more season tickets........

I do not think CW expected what he has got.

I can still see the board being economical with the truth and Wilder saying just how he sees it . However I think he is learning to be diplomatic with his answers . Politics come into play at the lane and Wilder will have to play the game , as the goal posts keep changing .

Reoccurring theme with managers , from a board who can make good managers look poor. Let's hope Wilder rises above this .

And to those who should know better - nowt to do with fans, we just get caught up in the maras and false dawns.

UTB

It's going to be another 'transitional' season isn't it?

perhaps we should see June out before wanting him sacked

the players hes released arent officially gone yet

can any one tell me another league one club thats signed 5 or more players already
or are people wanking themselves off as no ones come in yet and they can spout out their ridiculous theories

lets wait till july 10th or so and if nothings moved then , perhaps theres a case for starting to feel concern, but not before Englands been knocked out of the Euros , thats way too soon

perhaps we should see June out before wanting him sacked

the players hes released arent officially gone yet

can any one tell me another league one club thats signed 5 or more players already
or are people wanking themselves off as no ones come in yet and they can spout out their ridiculous theories

lets wait till july 10th or so and if nothings moved then , perhaps theres a case for starting to feel concern, but not before Englands been knocked out of the Euros , thats way too soon

It has nothing to do with anyone wanting him sacked (would be ridiculous to say the least). It's about being told different things which suits our chairman's mo.

Back
Top Bottom