Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Giddings Tweets about Beevers there but his name wasn't mentioned in the interview.

I hope he's under consideration and I think he will be because he's such an obvious option - Wilder suggested there that he'd like two left footed centre halves. He's left footed, he's done well in this division, he wants to move back to this area, we'd be a good fit for him and he'd be a good fit for us.
I think we missed that bus mate ;)

Points of note:

While talking about Long having to earn the right to play, Wilder said he's delighted with the goalkeeping department and "that position is boxed off, and we can go on and look at other positions".

Freeman – not looking to ostracise anyone, transfer listing the players he has is about moving the money around so we can strengthen where we need to, Brayford will be first choice.

Still early days re: transfers, helluva lotta work going on. Delighted with the two signed, more to come. Re: central defenders, CW wants a left-footer, a right-footer, and someone to push the left-footer for first choice. And possibly even a 4th. Not going to rush. Price has got to be right. Balance needed in midfield with a left-footer, plus a target man (and what sounded like a forwardish player) are the others on the buy list.

Chief scout to be announced in the next 3 or 4 days.
so that's his first mistake

Points of note:

While talking about Long having to earn the right to play, Wilder said he's delighted with the goalkeeping department and "that position is boxed off, and we can go on and look at other positions".

Freeman – not looking to ostracise anyone, transfer listing the players he has is about moving the money around so we can strengthen where we need to, Brayford will be first choice.

Still early days re: transfers, helluva lotta work going on. Delighted with the two signed, more to come. Re: central defenders, CW wants a left-footer, a right-footer, and someone to push the left-footer for first choice. And possibly even a 4th. Not going to rush. Price has got to be right. Balance needed in midfield with a left-footer, plus a target man (and what sounded like a forwardish player) are the others on the buy list.

Chief scout to be announced in the next 3 or 4 days.

Looks like we have a William II...

The king is dead, long live the king, etc.

P.S. Starting to sound like Chris wants to stockpile centre-halves in the same way that Bignose used to do with centre-forwards.

This is our plan

Football_Formation_-_Pyramid.png

I thought this was the plan:

Random scribble2.png

CW say he is looking for a forward, hasn't one just gone to Chesterfield;)

Very straight bat from Christopher on the questions regarding centre-halves and other incomings, giving nowt away whatsoever. But continues to be refreshingly direct and open about exactly what he wants.

Only fair to trust him on what he says about all this hard work behind the scenes.

Finances and pulling-power contnue to be nagging worries though.

Oh for a Kyle McFadzeanesque signing in the next day or two, to quell a few of these lingering concerns!

This is starting to look painfully similar. At least we might get a scout over the line before July.

He told us it was going to hot-up over last weekend and this week. I feel positively freezing thus far.

Pre-season training starts without 1 recognised senior CB. We're already starting at a disadvantage.

The fact we're not bringing another keeper in, in itself, is worrying. I'm sure CW would want to if he could. I believe he initially said he was going to bring another in regardless of whether George signed or not?

lineseg1.jpg I have this weird worrying suspicion that there is a line somewhere that intended transfers can't cross.

Not going to reveal any sources other than its a very high member at sufc told my son they worried that other thathere are no imminent signings. He might have been bullshitting and putting up a smoke screen but the energy appears to be in signing a feckin scout :mad::(

Might as well close the rumours section down!

"Still wants 3 centre-backs but won't rush in to sign just anyone"

That's fine on the face of it, but Adkins wasn't rushing to sign just anyone for two full transfer windows, and we still ended up with 2 centre backs short of the amount we needed, and the one we did get was a panic bought loan he was pretty much forced in to from supporters, who also turned out to be shite.

Why do you have to say that? What does it mean in the context of Wilder and this stage of his tenure?

Why do you have to say that? What does it mean in the context of Wilder and this stage of his tenure?
A bit further down from there I state that I was just making the point that Adkins said the same things and didn't sign what was required. It proves that just because somebody says something, doesn't mean they're going to do it. Which you would hope should go without saying, but it would appear not for some on this board.

A bit further down from there I state that I was just making the point that Adkins said the same things and didn't sign what was required. It proves that just because somebody says something, doesn't mean they're going to do it. Which you would hope should go without saying, but it would appear not for some on this board.

Barney,I replied to your post when I read it. Now I've had the opportunity to read your later post, I ask again, why did you have to say that?

What does it offer at this stage of our new manager's tenure?

Barney,I replied to your post when I read it. Now I've had the opportunity to read your later post, I ask again, why did you have to say that?

What does it offer at this stage of our new manager's tenure?
I've just told you. If you want to ignore what I've just said that's up to you.

Just listened to CW's interview and I got to say, I applaud the fella's frank and honest approach

Says it as he sees it. No bells. No whistles and certainly no pulling of the wool over ones eyes. Refreshing to hear

Well done and now let's transfer that on to the pitch

UTB

Just listened to CW's interview and I got to say, I applaud the fella's frank and honest approach

Says it as he sees it. No bells. No whistles and certainly no pulling of the wool over ones eyes. Refreshing to hear

Well done and now let's transfer that on to the pitch

UTB

wish most of people had the same attitude. Most people want to piss away what good will there was only a few weeks ago. Duffy and Hussey mean nothing even when no other fucker has signed a decent CB

If we carry on changing the board every few months and getting a few frees in here and there then I think we could be as big a pull as the giants of the league like Charlton and Northampton

Maybe another 6 years or so

wish most of people had the same attitude. Most people want to piss away what good will there was only a few weeks ago. Duffy and Hussey mean nothing even when no other fucker has signed a decent CB

I think some of us are just worried that we're hearing the same things regarding money and transfers we've been told before. Nothing seems imminent and everything seems to be taking more time than we expected.

I think I'm correct in saying that Wilder, when he first got the job said he wanted the new players in for the start of pre-season training. Which is tomorrow. Things are obviously taking longer than expected and we're already getting a change of tune and excuses for this.

It's not a dig at Wilder it's a concern that issues above him are getting in the way of us signing players.

Given our history, it's hardly surprising a few of us are getting slightly worried.

At the end of the day, it's a quiet time of the year so this probably looks more amplified than it is. The fact we're not really being linked with people at the moment is also a tad worrying.

So here we go again...club announces new manager and new plan....few weeks later announces a board re shuffle.....and then we are sorting out the scouting network.

Well how many times have we heard this over the last 5 years?

Wake up everyone....it's the same bloody record on repeat.

Wilder has made bold statements and we aren't going to be able to attract the players we want offering the same or less than other clubs. Most players aren't interested in our club, if they are expected to manage th expectations and pressure then they want paying over the odds for it.

We have more or less missed out on the frees....we are now looking for bargains. But we have no bloody scout to do the job, so depend solely on the managers experience.
So in reality nothing has changed....the manager will suggest players and the transfer bods will want to know all about them before committing anything.
The process will take forever while we drift into the season woefully underprepared.

I can see us all but writing the season off already.

So here we go again...club announces new manager and new plan....few weeks later announces a board re shuffle.....and then we are sorting out the scouting network.

Well how many times have we heard this over the last 5 years?

Wake up everyone....it's the same bloody record on repeat.

Wilder has made bold statements and we aren't going to be able to attract the players we want offering the same or less than other clubs. Most players aren't interested in our club, if they are expected to manage th expectations and pressure then they want paying over the odds for it.

We have more or less missed out on the frees....we are now looking for bargains. But we have no bloody scout to do the job, so depend solely on the managers experience.
So in reality nothing has changed....the manager will suggest players and the transfer bods will want to know all about them before committing anything.
The process will take forever while we drift into the season woefully underprepared.

I can see us all but writing the season off already.

I'm hoping this time it's different. I fear that we'll do little and then recklessly spend all the money* on one player to appease fans.

*there may not be any money.

Surely once CW knew his Northampton side was promoted, his thoughts would have turned to strengthening and building his League One side. I can't believe that he didn't have feelers out already. Now it could be that players (Agents) are upping the price now that SUFC are involved and not Northampton town. We were talking to Alex Revell according to CW, but he opted to go elsewhere. I don't think wages are an issues at SUFC but big transfer fees and signing on bonuses are,

Back
Top Bottom