You're not West Ham anymore

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I noticed it last time we were in The Prem even at BDTBL, lots of bright new scarves and selfying everywhere.

If you're missing any, have a word with The Don of half-half scarves SwissBlade. If he hasn't got what you want, he's plenty of 6 year olds around the globe pumping these out, they could knock one out in an hour.
These Guyanese kids just don't graft like the Iraqi's and their spelling is atrocious. They keep spelling words correctly. Mind you the rum's alright here so can't complain too much

These Guyanese kids just don't graft like the Iraqi's and their spelling is atrocious. They keep spelling words correctly. Mind you the rum's alright here so can't complain too much

I can't knit, but if the reward is Guyanese rum, I'll come and knock out a few. Especially if it's El Dorado the finest rum in the world IMO.

81IJgBgMraL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

I can't knit, but if the reward is Guyanese rum, I'll come and knock out a few. Especially if it's El Dorado the finest rum in the world IMO.

View attachment 172436
I've not tried the 25, apparently there is a 50 but you have to write a letter to be considered to purchase it.

Standard for us is 8 year old if we're mixing, 12 for normal drinking and 15 if its a celebration, like a Tuesday night or something special

Who said you need to be able to knit to work for me?

The view from the rail seating in the upper away section Saturday – it might have nice facilities, but the gap in between our fans never makes this feel anything other than a weird stadium that’s temporarily hosting football. That’s the sort of view you’d expect at a preseason game in a stadium that has been asked to host the match as a one-off – it just doesn’t feel like a football stadium.

View attachment 172420
I was sat similar spot row 65 and have a similar photo. That's a pretty spectacular view in my opinion. There are other grounds where the away fans are split up. Old Trafford and Villa Park in the Cup spring to mind. Peterborough the L1 promotion season. It's just different. I wouldn't want every ground like that.

I've not tried the 25, apparently there is a 50 but you have to write a letter to be considered to purchase it.

Standard for us is 8 year old if we're mixing, 12 for normal drinking and 15 if its a celebration, like a Tuesday night or something special

Who said you need to be able to knit to work for me?

I have bought and sampled them all, except the 50. I was at a rum tasting in the Caribbean, El Dorado were represented, couple of guys explaining the rums as we tasted. After the 21, they said something about the rum and asked if we had any questions, "Yes, got any of the 50 year old?". I got two wide-eyed looks followed by hysterical laughter. Apparently they'd never tried it, never even seen it in person and as you say it's only sold to select clientele.

I have bought and sampled them all, except the 50. I was at a rum tasting in the Caribbean, El Dorado were represented, couple of guys explaining the rums as we tasted. After the 21, they said something about the rum and asked if we had any questions, "Yes, got any of the 50 year old?". I got two wide-eyed looks followed by hysterical laughter. Apparently they'd never tried it, never even seen it in person and as you say it's only sold to select clientele.
Aye its a thing of myths and legends here, apparently.

Looking at the distillery, it's not in the best shape, but they don't half knock out some quality.... which is the only thing they do well here to be fair.

West Ham are the best supported club in London by far! They would fill an 80,000 seater. The majority of West Ham fans are London based unlike many of the other London clubs

The view from the rail seating in the upper away section Saturday – it might have nice facilities, but the gap in between our fans never makes this feel anything other than a weird stadium that’s temporarily hosting football. That’s the sort of view you’d expect at a preseason game in a stadium that has been asked to host the match as a one-off – it just doesn’t feel like a football stadium.

View attachment 172420
What a fucking awful view. That's why I can't face getting a season ticket. Most of the seats are in a different postcode to the pitch.
Place wasn't built for football & still isn't. Might be cheap to rent but that's about the only benefit, imo.
Whole place needs knocking down & rebuilding but atm, that wouldn't be allowed.

Bert was recently in India.

His driver was so pleased to have Bert as a client that he bought him a bottle of Indian rum.

Bert hasn't tried it yet. IMG_20231004_155000.jpg

But... but.... but.... the Peak District is on our doorstep!
I'll repeat it again 30 precent of the Peak District is within Sheffield city boundaries.

Last edited:

View attachment 172420
Not managed to get to the new West Ham stadium yet - what are those flat areas between the top and bottom tiers?

I was sat similar spot row 65 and have a similar photo. That's a pretty spectacular view in my opinion. There are other grounds where the away fans are split up. Old Trafford and Villa Park in the Cup spring to mind. Peterborough the L1 promotion season. It's just different. I wouldn't want every ground like that.
I get what you're saying, that is a pretty spectacular view.... of the stadium, maybe..
Just not a distance where I'd be happy watching football from.
No doubt I was spoilt at Upton Park, sometimes being just 6/8 feet away from the playera & the play!
That view above, I've got a feeling that no seat at UP was as far away from the play as that nearest goal-line. Ridiculous state of affairs, imo.

Not managed to get to the new West Ham stadium yet - what are those flat areas between the top and bottom tiers?
They are the result of trying to transform a stadium purpose-built for athletics into a stadium that hosts football. You either have less of a gap behind the lower tier and are even further away from the pitch, or you’re closer to the pitch moving the seats into the old track area and have to have a gap behind the seating.

This is what they were working with remember within the existing footprint of the stadium. It was a fantastic athletics stadium – it was never going to be a great football stadium, and is unlikely to ever be.

1696434533748.jpeg

I have heard the ‘we haven’t got an airport’ thing before. Numerous times. Sheffield is not a desirable tourist destination. At all. Unless you like snooker. Even the Sheffield Arena loses out on big acts these days due to Leeds opening their own a few years back.

The only good things going for the city are the universities, which draw in people from far and wide.
West Ham are the best supported club in London by far! They would fill an 80,000 seater. The majority of West Ham fans are London based unlike many of the other London clubs
Most West Ham fans left London years ago they live in Essex and the outer areas

They are the result of trying to transform a stadium purpose-built for athletics into a stadium that hosts football. You either have less of a gap behind the lower tier and are even further away from the pitch, or you’re closer to the pitch moving the seats into the old track area and have to have a gap behind the seating.

This is what they were working with remember within the existing footprint of the stadium. It was a fantastic athletics stadium – it was never going to be a great football stadium, and is unlikely to ever be.

View attachment 172448
Spot on, SU.

Been to the ground a few times and the atmosphere isnt the best for football, but last saturday there was no reason for any atmosphere from them as it was a stroll in the park like a pre season friendly as we were no opposition.

Overall the owners of West Ham played an absolute blinder getting that ground, incredible piece of business. Cheap rent, landlords spend for the upkeep etc etc. Up and coming area of London, developing all the time, so a brilliant 'destination' venue for a floating supporter / visitor. Have to applaud their long term thinking.

Sheffield as a city cant compete with the area of Stratford, let alone Greater London.
Can’t really compare to Rotherham tbh

Back
Top Bottom