Would you be happy helping Wednesday out?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Might be in the minority but I'd be happy. Got mates and family members who support them. Hate them but not that much.

I would only agree to helping lower league teams out if they agree to some sort of salary cap. It seems obscene to me with millions of people in danger of losing their jobs, to be asked to contribute to paying the likes of Rhodes.
I think the salary caps have been introduced already in league one and two. Talks about championship next.

A section of championship clubs have enough money to ride this out, our neighbours being one of them, they, and the others like Derby, Forest, Norwich etc should be making the same noises as klop and wilder, after all they've all out spent us trying to get there in the last few years.

I have a few wendy mates I'd be a little sad for but many many more who I would relish seeing in floods of tears and intense distress. As for the entity that is SWFC I would rather see it burn to the ground than save it for even a penny.

for me im more happy to bail out L1 & below. because they are going to be needed. because most could go bust. i would make every premier league team give 10m for 200m fund for L1/L2 & the non league

but championship have been trying to kill themselves for years spending far more than there incomes. some of them at 150%.

Sounds like we probably don't have any say in whether we help out or not?

Presumably the portions that each PL club has to donate will already be deducted before it even reaches each club?

However if we were allowed to designate where the cash goes to then I'd be OK with selected Championship clubs receiving it but the majority going to those below and beyond that really are in danger of either going out of business or falling into debt. Certainly no money to those that haven't lived within their means if we are able to have a say.

Wilder has raised a good point about helping keep local sides afloat. The importance of local football clubs in England to the towns where they are based is huge.

So if we’re in a very privileged position and others around are struggling financially then I’m all for helping out. It will benefit us as well to keep these teams afloat as well. We’ve benefitted over the years from loaning young players and developing them whilst they move us forward.

As for Wednesday. Sure. I’d help them survive. However, not right now.

They have an owner that’s thrown money at the problem whilst doing very little to develop their own youngsters and support other local clubs. In fact cases like Hirst are examples of how badly they have treated young players

Wednesday have apparently got a Billionaire owner with enough money to save the club... so financially they don’t need help. The owner shall take responsibility

I wonder how many clubs who are asking for help are paying players £50,000 a week?

Even at the lower levels, pub standard players are earning £100,000 a year.

It’s time for a reset throughout football. I’d rather see that than see the premier league prop up a failing system.

I don't want to see Wednesday go under. I'd happily give em some money and then never let em forget it.

No way I would be happy giving them a bailout. Isn't the tuna king supposed to be a billionaire? He should be bunging us a few quid!
I wouldn't mind us helping out the really low league teams though.

Since 1992 I have always thought the financial gap between the PL and FL is wrong and the gap gets wider every season. As Derek Dooley said "I dont agree with having a Premier League, but if there is one then I would like us to be part of it". Our voting power is only 1/20

No...because knowing our luck it would come back to haunt us.Fuck em

I wonder how many clubs who are asking for help are paying players £50,000 a week?

Even at the lower levels, pub standard players are earning £100,000 a year.

It’s time for a reset throughout football. I’d rather see that than see the premier league prop up a failing system.

The “reset” might well kill off sufficient lower league teams to enable a system where the leagues are infiltrated by superclubs’ B teams.

The FL trophy is like a vision of a shit future.

If I'm honest I hate the PL even though we are in it, it represents all that is wrong in football saying on BBC this morning that 1 top paid PL player (no name) his 1 weeks wages would keep a lower league club going for a season.

I don't think clubs who pay players such as 60k a week should be helped that's their own stupid fault, but take Chezzy they were hoping for 3.5k fans when league kicks off next week now not a one gets in.

Been talk of the Prem taking out a huge loan to distribute to the "lower" league teams to help them through the crisis. This would enable "lower" league clubs like our neighbours to take money from the "ELITE" league and come to some pay back payment arrangement in the future. I personally would love to see them crawling on their knees for some dosh. Of course it wouldn't be from us personally but can you imagine the fun we would have throwing this at them. "We saved your arse".
Only if we can vote to bankrupt them if they can't pay the money back :)

The “reset” might well kill off sufficient lower league teams to enable a system where the leagues are infiltrated by superclubs’ B teams.

The FL trophy is like a vision of a shit future.
It may well do. But if every club received £1m a season from the premier league, you could bet your life that the end result would be.....an increased wage bill of £1m a year.

All for the same bang average players.

I would hope that the Premier league helps clubs in division one and two and non-league clubs.

Back
Top Bottom