Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 1st Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WOLV
WOLV
WOLV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1574892093199.png v. 1574892099350.png
EPL Week 14 - Sunday 1st December 2019 - Molineux

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...verhampton-wanderers-vs-sheffield-united.478/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Attwell
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 11.28.03.png

Away Fans Guide:

Attachments

• plawayfansguide19.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

I have mixed memories about going to Molineux .

I was there for an excellent win in '68 but also for a disappointing defeat in the FA cup in '66 . At that time , we had a very good side which included the likes of Badger , Reece , Mick Jones and Birchenall and I went there strongly fancying our chances . However , they had a forward called Peter Knowles who , I believe , came from the Wath on Dearne area .

On that day , he turned in a superb performance , tearing our defence to shreds and scoring ( I think ) 2 goals and we were comprehensively beaten 3-0.

Some time after , he quit football altogether and became a Jehovah's Witness at quite a young age , which was football's loss as he was clearly a great talent and his performance that day is up there with some of the best I ever saw from an opposition player .

Wolves had a nursery club in the Dearne valley 1950s and 1960s called Wath Wanderers, Ron Flowers was one product. Peter Knowles brother of the more famous Cyril, brothers came from Pontefract area I believe, Kinsley/ Fitzwilliam area

Today is our biggest test yet, in my opinion.

Noone else has been as in form and taking it to the opposition (similar to how we do) with a team that are well drilled and not afraid to play (like ourselves). Ok, well maybe Liverpool. 😉

We met Man United, Spurs and Chelsea when they were largely out of form. Still can't believe we didn't beat Man U.

So after last weeks thrilling match, this afternoon we travel to Wolves. Our terrific resilience on the road will certainly be tested today. Admittedly they draw a few, which a repeat of today would do nicely for me. But I think this is as tough of a match we have so far faced on the road...

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

.Mousset fit to play?

Egan ok now?

Unchanged from last week apart from the 2 obvious returnees?

We'll need to be on it today, and we have remarkable chance or going 5th and reigning in Chelsea in the process. :) We don't want any crappy Europa League. Only the CL will do lol. However I can't really see a victory. In fact I think a defeat is more likely. 2-1. But I'll keep the optimistic view and say 1-1.

Travel safe Blades.

UTB

🐧 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

We don't have many off-days under Wilder, but I suppose we are due one at some point. Our two worst performances of the season so far have imo been the away games at Everton and Watford, and we still managed a win and a draw, not least due to our defending. I can see this as a similar, backs to the wall performance that could end in a draw. Wolves will have plenty of possession for sure.

I have mixed memories about going to Molineux .

I was there for an excellent win in '68 but also for a disappointing defeat in the FA cup in '66 . At that time , we had a very good side which included the likes of Badger , Reece , Mick Jones and Birchenall and I went there strongly fancying our chances . However , they had a forward called Peter Knowles who , I believe , came from the Wath on Dearne area .

On that day , he turned in a superb performance , tearing our defence to shreds and scoring ( I think ) 2 goals and we were comprehensively beaten 3-0.

Some time after , he quit football altogether and became a Jehovah's Witness at quite a young age , which was football's loss as he was clearly a great talent and his performance that day is up there with some of the best I ever saw from an opposition player .
From Fitzwilliam

Loud and proud as always boys and girls!!!
COME ON BLADES!!!

First match of 1984-85 season and Tommy Docherty's first match as Wolves manager. Wolves finished the season at the bottom of the 2nd division

View attachment 65591
2-2. Wolves were building a new stand, not quite finished. Edwards scored one I think. Kevin Arnott the other all of 6 inches from the goal, a position where he was a marksman.

Hope we take a wrecking ball to these today!!

COME ON WIZARDS!!!!

Decent first half, worried a couple are on yellows down our left and have to face Traore. I wish we were just abit more clinical with some of our counter attacks, it'd be game set and match if we could just be a bit more deadly.

Lunny strangely ineffective today . Moving like he's got lead in his boots .

Back
Top Bottom