Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 17th April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WOLV
WOLV
WOLV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1618659447750.png v. 1618659454779.png
EPL Week 32 - Saturday 17th April 2021 - Molineux

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/wolverhampton-wanderers-vs-sheffield-united.540/

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 12.36.32.png

Played alright
Just lacked quality when it counts
It's a bit more than that. If you restrict how you attack by getting to ball to either corner flag then you limit your options and your ability to create real chances. We don't play in strikers at the edge of the box. We cross in very late when everyone is back. If you created a possession heatmap it's a u shape. You need more variety in attacking play to be effective at this level.
We played well enough but with in that system.

Decent performance, just need to be better in the final third.. Good to see us play out from the back and not just play long and give them the ball away.. Just need to carve out more chances and be more composed in the last 3rd..Got done on the break when could have gone 1 up, and then they could play on the counter.

Not going to criticise tonight. Players tried to the best of their ability. Sadly it is the ability bit as to why we have been relegated. Lets rebuild now next year. Manager appointment is crucial.

Played ok today though.
Enda Stevens missing yet another good chance was a killer.
Lack of goals all season has been the problem.
And we’ve had next to zero luck.

True Enda buries that shot in the back of the net and we would have won.
Played ok tonight heads didnt drop when goal went in.
Better through the middle because of Lundstram not playing.
Still not good enough.

Thank F**k no more VAR or corrupt smelling decisions like the Brewster one tonight.
Even half time team said Wolves player should have got a red.

It's a bit more than that. If you restrict how you attack by getting to ball to either corner flag then you limit your options and your ability to create real chances. We don't play in strikers at the edge of the box. We cross in very late when everyone is back. If you created a possession heatmap it's a u shape. You need more variety in attacking play to be effective at this level.
We played well enough but with in that system.
Exactly. Our attacking play is completely rotten. We head to the corner flags and then have players Morris Dancing around a pole, playing Chuckle Brothers “to me, to you” whilst allowing the opposition to reset. We desperately need completely need ideas.

True Enda buries that shot in the back of the net and we would have won.
Played ok tonight heads didnt drop when goal went in.
Better through the middle because of Lundstram not playing.
Still not good enough.

Thank F**k no more VAR or corrupt smelling decisions like the Brewster one tonight.
Even half time team said Wolves player should have got a red.
But why do referees and more over VAR get it wrong?

Exactly. Our attacking play is completely rotten. We head to the corner flags and then have players Morris Dancing around a pole, playing Chuckle Brothers “to me, to you” whilst allowing the opposition to reset. We desperately need completely need ideas.
And new players

Played ok today though.
Enda Stevens missing yet another good chance was a killer.
Lack of goals all season has been the problem.
And we’ve had next to zero luck.
A bit harsh on Stevens, maybe if one of our so called forwards had managed to get into that position they might have done better.
I agree with zero luck but that’s how it goes when you’re bottom.

But why do referees and more over VAR get it wrong?

Due to the fact we are not meant to be in the PL according to the elite.

I was half expecting the Ref to go to the monitor but he never did. Why in the Leeds match and our match in a similiar circumstance did the ref go to the monitor yet in this instance he didnt ?

Its friggin corrupt.

Same with the Osbourn free kick he never touched the Wolves player but because Wolves player messed up in his own box acting like he has been pushed/fouled ref conned again.

Well, it was better than last week. We at least competed and whilst we hardly caused them a lot of problems we did look a bit better as a team. There was actual movement. MOVEMENT. People running around and wanting the ball. We obviously were too shit to pick any of them out, but progress!

Ramsdale - 7 - Had a really good save to deny them. No chance with the goal but was solid and tried to get us moving
Stevens - 6.5 - Best performance of the season. Had a poor shot with his left and then a brilliant turn and shot with his right. Got forward a lot today and was one of our most dangerous players. Much, much better.
Bryan - 5.5 - Traore gave him a torrid time first half but he did improve. It was a tough assignment though and he kept at it.
Egan - 5 - Didn't really put his mark on the game. I thought he was a bit off the pace tonight
Ampadu - 5.5 - Made a few mistakes but kept trying to make something happen
Baldock - 6.5 - Like Stevens got forward well and whilst his final choice/ball was a mess he tried to make things happen
Norwood - 5 - Some dreadful passes and service from him today. He stuck to his task a bit better in midfield but was once again careless first half
Fleck - 5 - Largely anonymous. chased around a bit but not really at the races
Osborn - 5.5 - Faded in the second half but kept trying to get forward
McGoldrick - 5.5 - Puts so much effort in but his first touch was consistently poor and he made a lot of bad decisions tonight
Brewster - 5 - Made some decent runs and it's refreshing to have some movement upfront. Again, his first touch and decisions aren't good enough

Subs

Burke - 1 - The biggest trick anyone has ever pulled is Burke becoming a millionaire by pretending to be a footballer. Jesus wept, he's not a professional footballer. He's entirely clueless.
Mousset - 0.5 - Fits in his kit like an overweight 50s footballer. Utterly gash
Bogle - 5 - Not on for long but didn't really do a great deal.

Heck - 5 - Dropped and didn't bring on Lunny. We looked better set-up from the off today. We lack speed upfront. We're so slow and obvious and only look dangerous when someone actually takes a chance.

Seriously though, who WOULD you want that chance to fall to? I can't think of any of our players... maybe Ramsdale?
I knew there was someone on our books - Berge. I'd want that opportunity to fall to Sander Berge. Failing that, Billy, maybe Bogle, or I fancy Basham to rip the net to shreds smashing it int top corner. Other than thos few, I'd sooner it fell to Programmes 3 Quid ahead of anyone in the squad last night, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom