With Burnley winning tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doesn't make any difference. Burnley are the ones to catch.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we are down anyway. For me, it's important to get at least 12 points, regain some dignity, bugger up someone else's chances, and start building for next season in both personnel and confidence.
Why Burnley and not Brighton/Newcastle/WBA/Fulham

People are not being realistic. The rest of the bottom feeders could go without wins the rest of the season and it would still be very hard to catch them.

People are not being realistic. The rest of the bottom feeders could go without wins the rest of the season and it would still be very hard to catch them.
dont talk like that on here your a defeatist if you do not a realist were going down 90% of our fans know it as does chris wilder and the board but on the optimistic side were coming straight back up in 2022 utb fto

CAN WE PLEASE STOP WORKING OUT WAYS OF STAYING UP, WE ARE MASTERS AT SNATCHING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY AT THE BEST OF TIMES, ITS WHAT WE ARE GOOD AT, AND IN NO F'ING WAY ARE WE GETTING OUT OF THIS MESS

CAN WE PLEASE STOP WORKING OUT WAYS OF STAYING UP, WE ARE MASTERS AT SNATCHING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY AT THE BEST OF TIMES, ITS WHAT WE ARE GOOD AT, AND IN NO F'ING WAY ARE WE GETTING OUT OF THIS MESS
Why the caps lock?

9 points behind with 20 games to go and the bottom 7 clubs playing dogshit, yeah your right it is beyond all hope lol a decent little run against these teams and any of them to have a shit second half of the season and it’s far from all hope......
Whilst ever it’s still mathematically possible who knows what could happen...
no ones suggesting it’s going to be easy but it’s still do able....
.....UTB.....
Edit...oh ok that Brighton win has just made it a lot harder lol......

9 points behind with 20 games to go and the bottom 7 clubs playing dogshit, yeah your right it is beyond all hope lol a decent little run against these teams and any of them to have a shit second half of the season and it’s far from all hope......
Whilst ever it’s still mathematically possible who knows what could happen...

It's 11 as it stands and 17th have a game in hand.

They all have goal threats which will be a big difference.

Like I said that Brighton win has thrown a massive spanner in the works, still do able with a half full glass and blades tinted glasses on.
.....UTB.....

Like I said that Brighton win has thrown a massive spanner in the works, still do able with a half full glass and blades tinted glasses on.
.....UTB.....
Playing Spurs, Man U and Man City just afer getting some momumtum doesn't help either. We may beat Spurs tomorrow, but realistically eill get nothing from Man U and City away. That will be very difficult after that to have the momumtum to go from there. That's why the West Ham and West Brom results earlier in the season were crucial to get 4/6 points from, which I know is an obvious statement.

.....UTB.....
weve no chance gee but a consolation tonight birmingham forest and rotherham winning 3 terrible results for the piggies 🐷

I disagree.

Not really because there are 12 winnable games left. 10 wins and 2 draws would do it or maybe 9 wins and 2 draws.

I think we will do well to beat either WBA or Fulham this year or even to finish within 4 points off another team. On the other hand, I don't see us even being close to Derbys record I expect we will win 2/3 out off the 8 winnable games left and get a surprise win against a top 11 team and also get a 4-6 draws

Not really because there are 12 winnable games left. 10 wins and 2 draws would do it or maybe 9 wins and 2 draws.

12 winnable games.... Really!!?

Our only win is against Newcastle who were truly shocking and ultra defensive (like watching us) and that was only because of a lucky VAR penalty otherwise it would have been another draw or loss

Its Burnley at the moment in terms of points, but I think they won't be in the mix at the end.

Assuming the other 4 are , then the mini league might mean that 30-32 points is enough this season to stay up, rather than the 36-38 points it normally is.

Based on 32 points, then we need 27 points from 20 games. Eight wins (24) and 3 draws and 9 defeats gets us there. So it's possible still. I just think it's unlikely.

Yes it is possible if the arguably worst ever Premier League team magically started playing like a top 8 side.

Like if last season Norwich suddenly would have transformed into Arsenal.

The only thing that can be argued in our favour is that we weren’t getting smashed by 4or5 goals, so the turnaround is small, converting 1-0 losses to draws or victories. It’s so easy on paper

1 win from the previous 18 games and you think it could suddenly change to 9 or 10 wins in 20?

I am sorry, but that is not realistic.
Why is it

Form can change at any time as we found out in 2007 when West ham saved themselves
10 points adrift with 9 games left .... We have 20

Back
Top Bottom