With Burnley winning tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know we’ve had this debate many times before but you’re referring to us recreating form from last season when we had:

• O’Connell
  • Henderson
  • Mousset actually fit and scoring
  • confidence
  • the momentum of a promotion behind us
  • surprise factor over a lot of teams
  • an aggressive approach to games

The 23 shots against West Brom wouldn’t keep us up even if we scored all of them, that would have been 3 points. We need to do better in other games, not just against the 2nd worst team in the league.

If you want to take the 23 shots against WBA as a plus side you’d then have to let Brighton and Fulham have their deserved 3 points against us rather than just cherry picking the best bits of a poor season to date.
Why did Brighton deserve 3 points against our 10 men . Had Burke slotted that opportunity we'd have win easily
And Fulham did not deserve to win we crenated as much as they did

But all the doomsayers go on like we've become utter shit overnight when we haven't. We were brilliant at Liverpool were grossly unlucky to lose to Leeds and could have snatched a draw v man Utd

Why gloss over the good bits

The up turn in form is do able
What's gone is gone
It's the next 24 games two thirds of the season that's ahead that matters

Why did Brighton deserve 3 points against our 10 men . Had Burke slotted that opportunity we'd have win easily
And Fulham did not deserve to win we created as much as they did
Cherry picking again my friend and always an ‘if’ with your comments. Brighton hit the post with the last kick, Fulham missed a penalty. Brighton had nearly 80% possession. We got a deserved point after a battling performance, but they dominated the play and only a deluded individual would say otherwise.

Stats from the Fulham game hardly show a deserved point considering we were at home and they’re supposed to be shit:

1608634669048.png

Tbh we did play better the last 2 games. We have to play Burnley Palace and Newcastle soon all possible wins. I think even if we go down it would be nice to not be rock bottom
That's the first challenge get off the bottom ! Do that survival is then possible though very unlikely.
Beating Derby's all time low has to be the first target ,we dont want the embarrassment of that record to add to the rest.

Cherry picking again my friend and always an ‘if’ with your comments. Brighton hit the post with the last kick, Fulham missed a penalty. Brighton had nearly 80% possession. We got a deserved point after a battling performance, but they dominated the play and only a deluded individual would say otherwise.

Stats from the Fulham game hardly show a deserved point considering we were at home and they’re supposed to be shit:

View attachment 101143
Stats vary
We out shot eat Brom so by your way of looking at it we deserved to win that

It's not about what's gone .Its about us converting the many opportunities we do make

I’m not convinced we did better in the last 2 games. it was properly crap for 30 minutes against Brighton. Southampton-esq! Necessitating a substitute because we couldn’t touch the ball.

I can only Hope that the upturn in performance with Burke on for a few minutes before the red card means we might consider changing the tactics. For me Burke needs to be playing even if I’m he can’t score.

I’d just like to see us win for the first time in 6 months.

Stats vary
We out shot eat Brom so by your way of looking at it we deserved to win that

It's not about what's gone .Its about us converting the many opportunities we do make
We did deserve to beat West Brom, I’ve never disputed that. Probably deserved a point against Leeds (although they were better than us on the day in possession and attack) but should have lost against Fulham so if what ‘should have’ happened had transpired then we’d be on 4 points for the season and not 2. Still way off the pace.

Man Utd should have been out of sight before we got back into the game at 3-2, they dominated us. There’s not one other game where I think it could have panned out differently. Too many 5/10 performance from
players who were achieving 8 or 9/10 last season.

I see you’ve avoided the points I made about why we were getting 1.5 points last season though because you can’t really argue that the likelihood of getting back to that without the missing components is virtually nil.

We did deserve to beat West Brom, I’ve never disputed that. Probably deserved a point against Leeds (although they were better than us on the day in possession and attack) but should have lost against Fulham so if what ‘should have’ happened had transpired then we’d be on 4 points for the season and not 2. Still way off the pace.

Man Utd should have been out of sight before we got back into the game at 3-2, they dominated us. There’s not one other game where I think it could have panned out differently. Too many 5/10 performance from
players who were achieving 8 or 9/10 last season.

I see you’ve avoided the points I made about why we were getting 1.5 points last season though because you can’t really argue that the likelihood of getting back to that without the missing components is virtually nil.
Hardly all teams have to ad.just to losing players. Premature to say Wilder wont find the right replacements and its been better in the last 2.

I said it's small margins that change things. I never said it's just down to luck
But it's down to creating 23 chances v West Brom and converting the glaring misses we've made actually getting shots converted at a percentage even like last season would turn us round
But the difference between a win and a loss is all about who converts the chances.
Can we do it . Its certainly not beyond us

if we could make a couple of transformative signings to sure up the defence and improve the midfield then maybe all is not lost. If we recapture 2019/20 form we were on about 1.5 points a game

That seems like a tall tall ask though

And Fulham did not deserve to win we crenated as much as they did

But all the doomsayers go on like we've become utter shit overnight when we haven't. We were brilliant at Liverpool were grossly unlucky to lose to Leeds and could have snatched a draw v man Utd

Why gloss over the good bits

The up turn in form is do able
What's gone is gone
It's the next 24 games two thirds of the season that's ahead that matters
We missed a hatful against Fulham,
Should have been 3-0 up by half-time

I still believe we will stay up but then I've been told I'm not very intelligent by a variety of influential people all my life.

if we could make a couple of transformative signings to sure up the defence and improve the midfield then maybe all is not lost. If we recapture 2019/20 form we were on about 1.5 points a game

That seems like a tall tall ask thoughreally bleak
Just staying in the prem is a tall ask to a club of our financial stature

But we did it last season and after 86 minutes at Bournemouth in last season opening game.looked a long long way off

Hardly all teams have to ad.just to losing players. Premature to say Wilder wont find the right replacements and its been better in the last 2.
Yep, 0.5 points per game. Only 1 point per game behind where we need to be.

Baby steps
Better than the 0.06 points per game in the first 13
Yep, just need Henderson back in Jan, O’Connell to declare himself fit and Mousset to give up Big Macs plus the likes of Fleck and Norwood to pull their fingers out of their arses and play like PL footballers again and we’ll be fine.

A third of season gone. Playing better but injuries are building. However a January window to bolster a couple of positions. The next 13 games will define relegation or survival not the first 13.
There are some right knobs capitulating and shitting themselves. Must be brexit remainers and project fear mongerers.
Just need to win 3 games and we are back in the pack. Burnley Palace Newcastle and team playing like the Man U game and there is hope.

Who on earth shoehorns Brexit into that post?! 🤣

Just staying in the prem is a tall ask to a club of our financial stature

But we did it last season and after 86 minutes at Bournemouth in last season opening game.looked a long long way off
financial stature is the key point btl and we just havent got it at present for the modern day premier league were playing nothing like we did last season and while i admire your optimism i just cant see any way out of this but do have great confidence that if we stick with chris weve every chance of getting back to the prem first time of asking

Yep, just need Henderson back in Jan, O’Connell to declare himself fit and Mousset to give up Big Macs plus the likes of Fleck and Norwood to pull their fingers out of their arses and play like PL footballers again and we’ll be fine.
None of that will happen

From the start then after 5 games many had opinions on us being in serious trouble, I always said to look at it after ten games, so they'd point out the end of last seasons form had to be taken into account which I didn't consider at that time..

Now we can see the warning signs were there, and that poor end of season form clearly carried on into this season, we talked then of being in trouble and under threat of relegation, that was the fear, and now that's a clear reality, we've broken the unwanted record for the worst start ever so the chances are practically zero now on stopping up..

I'm now in Championship mode, my heads straight and focusing on keeping key players for a promotion charge, I was happy to hear berge is out for three months, this means nobody will be in for him in January, and also JOC will be off the radar for prospective buyers, so we come back with a strong squad, again, can't see anybody coming in for any of the strikers or midfielders, only Baldock and Egan would attract a price worth selling for, so we'll have a great squad to fight back with..

I'm positive, and I'm looking forward, but with a tad of reality for the task in hand...

But, if anybody can achieve "the greatest escape act in the history of the Premier league"....... Its Chris Wilder.

Keep the faith in the gaffer, he's that good he might (I didn't say will) even win a play off final with us one day..!!!!

Just to clarify, for the hard of hearing.... its not Christmas yet in the football calendar
Hi again mate, after West Brom won today we will definitely be bottom at half way. It’s all about getting 12 points and having an fa cup run now

Thats a right hammer blow to our very slim chances ,I'm going to embrace the championship with open arms ,its a great league. Just hoping we can be in attendance...

Hopefully Brighton lose now. Wolves are dreadful could see them getting sucked into it tbh

Doesn't make any difference. Burnley are the ones to catch.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we are down anyway. For me, it's important to get at least 12 points, regain some dignity, bugger up someone else's chances, and start building for next season in both personnel and confidence.

We need to make up 6 7 and 9 to Brighton WBA and Fulham we need at least a point tmr

Back
Top Bottom