Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I will agree when Wilder first came in we did which is to be expected.

However recently Im not sure we are looking any better than majority of games under Hecky (barring the incoming of BBD)

Midfield has gone back to being slow and ponderous, defence has gone back to looking like a bomb scare every time the opposition go forward
True but confidance is shot jono but at least the players are still having a go,under hecky the players for me had given up

Biggest problem for me is that tonight the team looked no better than the first day of the season.
Goal keeper: I still think Wes is the better
Defence: Was shocking tonight
Midfield: So light weight
Attack: Apart from first minute was non existent.
Wilder had a honey moon period for first game but we’ve got worse in every match since. There’s a reason he’s achieved nothing for so many years.
We actually score goals 👍

This is a bullshit delusional comment based on sentiment from a bygone era by someone who has a massive boner for Wilder

However this is a fair enough comment I can appreciate.
No it’s for someone with eyes. I criticise Wilder all the time. Why he plays Souza is his biggest issue could be his major downfall that costs him his job.

We scored goals and we were on the lead - twice in away game..
We are changing players, which is more changes in last few games than Hecky did in PL (and was critiziced about it)

5 goals against Brighton

3 goals against Palace

Talking post match (Brighton) about how hard to compete with the big boys.

Sure BBD has given us a bit more attacking bite, however we are further away from safety since Wilder came in.

Lets be right... CW is not the messiah and we aren't staying up... after a small new manager bounce nothing has realistically changed.
Hit the nailed on the head there jono.

After 14 games hecky got 5 points.
After 7 games wilder has got 5 points.
It could have been 10. But it wasn't.

It works out as double as it's in half the time.

Do you not see this?

As for Brighton let's not forget that wasn't our full starting line up. And let's also not forget Brighton are a really good side.

What are you wanting to achieve?
Wilder is an improvement so far on hecky this season.

We are cut adrift and that was before wilder came in. Unless you chuck alot of money at it now it's nigh on miracle get enough results to stay up.
ha ha - are you at the comedy club at the City Hall this evening! I hope the warm up act is as good as you.

He’s improved us 10 fold.

You’ve moaned about him every opportunity. It’s okay we understand your agenda. Shame that absolutly everyone with eyes disagrees with you.
We use to sack any manager who conceded 5 at home. Porterfield, McEwen etc. Wilder does it twice in successive weeks. No he ain't improved us one iota - we are actually worse than had we kept Hecky.

We'd be getting pumped at home regardless of Hecky, Chrissy or Peppy in charge

No, we wouldn't. Even with the limited resources we have, and they're not all bad players by any stretch, a really decent manager would at least show some improvement.

If we'd signed Ross Barkley and Andros Townsend they'd look as equally useless as everyone else, probably more so, but Luton seem to be managing ok. I'm not even saying that Luton's manager is necessarily any good, he may be just be having his Wilder moment, but I do question whether Wilder's moment itself belongs firmly in the past.

There are plenty of managers in Europe who would have us, at the very least, competitive, but you do have to be lucky to get hold of the right one - and in any case I have no confidence that anyone running the club has the faintest idea who any of those might be.

Villa are a v good team so w3 play five at the back and three in midfield, the big problem was that the only one of the midfield three capable of a tackle was Souza subsequently they got through us time after time.
Everyone even Wilder knew it but he again failed to set us up properly to negate their quick breaks from midfield

No, we wouldn't. Even with the limited resources we have, and they're not all bad players by any stretch, a really decent manager would at least show some improvement.

If we'd signed Ross Barkley and Andros Townsend they'd look as equally useless as everyone else, probably more so, but Luton seem to be managing ok. I'm not even saying that Luton's manager is necessarily any good, he may be just be having his Wilder moment, but I do question whether Wilder's moment itself belongs firmly in the past.

There are plenty of managers in Europe who would have us, at the very least, competitive, but you do have to be lucky to get hold of the right one - and in any case I have no confidence that anyone running the club has the faintest idea who any of those might be.

For me, too much needs to change (ownership being the obvs thing) before a new name in charge will make a significant enough of an improvement. We're a shambles.

Reason this club is in a mess is because of the shitshow WIlder left behind last time round. Still paying the price for Brewster etc. I wouldn't trust him with a penny more.
100%. Until we clear out the dead wood he signed the first time we’ve got no chance.

Maybe you should too. Last week’s shambles show he hasn’t improved that much.
A 3-1 away win, against a an-inform relegation rival in excellent form that few gave us a chance against?

Fuck me, some of you dicks lose all credibility being either fucking stubborn and/or sheer stupidity.

Last edited:

Some heads melted after the villa performance, I get it. But on almost every conceivable metric we have improved, in a short amount of time which this still is. Not just metrics though, you can just see we have, generally.

Doubling down on it rather than it just being emotion after the Villa game, is daft.

Back
Top Bottom