Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s improved us 10 fold.

You’ve moaned about him every opportunity. It’s okay we understand your agenda. Shame that absolutly everyone with eyes disagrees with you.
We use to sack any manager who conceded 5 at home. Porterfield, McEwen etc. Wilder does it twice in successive weeks. No he ain't improved us one iota - we are actually worse than had we kept Hecky.

We'd be getting pumped at home regardless of Hecky, Chrissy or Peppy in charge

No, we wouldn't. Even with the limited resources we have, and they're not all bad players by any stretch, a really decent manager would at least show some improvement.

If we'd signed Ross Barkley and Andros Townsend they'd look as equally useless as everyone else, probably more so, but Luton seem to be managing ok. I'm not even saying that Luton's manager is necessarily any good, he may be just be having his Wilder moment, but I do question whether Wilder's moment itself belongs firmly in the past.

There are plenty of managers in Europe who would have us, at the very least, competitive, but you do have to be lucky to get hold of the right one - and in any case I have no confidence that anyone running the club has the faintest idea who any of those might be.

Villa are a v good team so w3 play five at the back and three in midfield, the big problem was that the only one of the midfield three capable of a tackle was Souza subsequently they got through us time after time.
Everyone even Wilder knew it but he again failed to set us up properly to negate their quick breaks from midfield

No, we wouldn't. Even with the limited resources we have, and they're not all bad players by any stretch, a really decent manager would at least show some improvement.

If we'd signed Ross Barkley and Andros Townsend they'd look as equally useless as everyone else, probably more so, but Luton seem to be managing ok. I'm not even saying that Luton's manager is necessarily any good, he may be just be having his Wilder moment, but I do question whether Wilder's moment itself belongs firmly in the past.

There are plenty of managers in Europe who would have us, at the very least, competitive, but you do have to be lucky to get hold of the right one - and in any case I have no confidence that anyone running the club has the faintest idea who any of those might be.

For me, too much needs to change (ownership being the obvs thing) before a new name in charge will make a significant enough of an improvement. We're a shambles.

Reason this club is in a mess is because of the shitshow WIlder left behind last time round. Still paying the price for Brewster etc. I wouldn't trust him with a penny more.
100%. Until we clear out the dead wood he signed the first time we’ve got no chance.

I tell you what then pal….why don’t you tell me to my face next home game?
He won't, because he's just a keypad warrior.
It's fairly obvious to most observers that he had quite significant psychological issues.
Whether that's from mummy issues, sexual inadequacy, or anything else, is a matter for debate, but really doesn't make a whole lot of difference in the whole scheme of things

He won't, because he's just a keypad warrior.
It's fairly obvious to most observers that he had quite significant psychological issues.
Whether that's from mummy issues, sexual inadequacy, or anything else, is a matter for debate, but really doesn't make a whole lot of difference in the whole scheme of things
You could be talking about a quarter of the forum 😉

Maybe you should too. Last week’s shambles show he hasn’t improved that much.
A 3-1 away win, against a an-inform relegation rival in excellent form that few gave us a chance against?

Fuck me, some of you dicks lose all credibility being either fucking stubborn and/or sheer stupidity.

Last edited:
Some heads melted after the villa performance, I get it. But on almost every conceivable metric we have improved, in a short amount of time which this still is. Not just metrics though, you can just see we have, generally.

Doubling down on it rather than it just being emotion after the Villa game, is daft.

Some heads melted after the villa performance, I get it. But on almost every conceivable metric we have improved, in a short amount of time which this still is.

Doubling down on it rather than it just being emotion after the Villa game, is daft.

Maybe heads melted last week but we’ve won already under Wilder and the following game we tend to go back to shit.

Great win yesterday but I’m far from convinced by him. I thought our season was turning around when we beat Brentford.

Maybe heads melted last week but we’ve won already under Wilder and the following game we tend to go back to shit.

Great win yesterday but I’m far from convinced by him. I thought our season was turning around when we beat Brentford.
So so you think we should be winning every week? Do you think this squad is better than bottom 3 and what should wilder be doing differently?

So so you think we should be winning every week? Do you think this squad is better than bottom 3 and what should wilder be doing differently?

I think the squad is better than bottom 2 for sure. I don’t like the way this team blows hot and cold. A good result never seems to lift them much for the following week.

I don’t think Wilder knows which formation he wants to play which led to whatever that was against Villa. I’m surprised he didn’t have a look at another midfielder in January unless he thinks Arblaster can come in.

Some people just don't like Wilder after last time, and were always going to come out of the woodwork when we got a battering. It'll happen again when we inevitably get relegated. We knew that when we appointed him and unless he performs some sort of miracle he'll never get everyone back onside.

To try to claim that we haven't improved though, is just embarrassing. It would be interesting to see if anyone can find any meaningful metric at all where we haven't improved.

Some people just don't like Wilder after last time, and were always going to come out of the woodwork when we got a battering. It'll happen again when we inevitably get relegated. We knew that when we appointed him and unless he performs some sort of miracle he'll never get everyone back onside.

To try to claim that we haven't improved though, is just embarrassing. It would be interesting to see if anyone can find any meaningful metric at all where we haven't improved.

We have improved on Hecky but that wasn’t much of a task to achieve.

I think the squad is better than bottom 2 for sure. I don’t like the way this team blows hot and cold. A good result never seems to lift them much for the following week.

I don’t think Wilder knows which formation he wants to play which led to whatever that was against Villa. I’m surprised he didn’t have a look at another midfielder in January unless he thinks Arblaster can come in.
But conversely they have lifted themselves from. Some pretty damning defeats to go away and win against a team that always seem to tactically have our number
Surely he deserves some. Credit for getting the mentally, physically and tactically prepared for that if nothing else
Maybe the reason they are inconsistent is because they are just not good enough to beat most teams at this level
With the shit show of pre season it's hard to make a case for us being anything other than the worst prepared and cohesive squad in the division from my point of view

Back
Top Bottom