Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I feel Wilder showed a lack of ambition on Saturday. Relegation is assured, even if some teams above suffer points deductions, so the cup is all we had to have a go at. With that in mind the team he picked was never going to win.

Goalie: unless Wilder knows something we don’t the new goalie is no better than Wes. In fact he may not be as good. Having confirmed the signing the day before he should have given the guy more time to settle.

Defence: without Robinson it’s always weaker and never stood a chance.

Midfield: Whatever made him pick Norwood and Osborn. It’s as though he had no interest in winning. These two should have been sat with Fleck. If he wanted to try different players or tactics, he should have played the youngsters. There was absolutely nothing to gain by playing Norwood or Osborn.

Attack: Why the heck did he start with three strikers. Who does that these days against anyone, never mind a top premier league side.

Wilder has his work cut out to show he still has what it takes. I would love for him to succeed but my confidence has taken a huge knock. Losing by the odd goal is acceptable, but conceding 5 goals at home is definitely not, under any circumstances.
Maybe, unlike you, he hasn't given up on coming 17th ?

It’s better but still not good enough to make the difference that was needed, but that’s not on Wilder. It’s on poor recruitment previously in my opinion
"Poor" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there buddy... I'm struggling to think of a worse Summer of (in) activity...

By comparison the last two Summers of Wilder's first reign look like golden days!!!

Unless by some crazy gift of FFP Everton and Forest are thrown right in the mixer with a points deduction (2nd one of Everton) we have to get 6 points from the next 3 games and then build on that. Although sounds hard (ooh err) Palace away, Villa Home and Luton away it isn't impossible to do that to put us on 16 points. We almost have to look at a segment of games as a mini season. In bold are possibly the "easiest" of wins if we took 6 points from each of the remaining "Segments" of games. With another win in there, I have put this in the last 5 fixtures it would give us a further 27 points finishing on 37. Although a huge ask, if the clubs wants to remain in the Premier League this is the type of "task" it needs to achieve. 37 was enough last season. Otherwise I can genuinely see us down after the Luton game if we don't win any of the next 3.

Palace (Away)
Villa (Home)
Luton (Away)

Brighton (Home)
Wolves (Away)
Bournemouth (Away)

Man United (Away)

Fulham (Home)
Liverpool (Away)
Chelsea (Home)
Brentford (Away)

Burnley (Home)

Newcastle (Away)
Forest (Home)
Everton (Away)

Tottenham (Home)

Unless by some crazy gift of FFP Everton and Forest are thrown right in the mixer with a points deduction (2nd one of Everton) we have to get 6 points from the next 3 games and then build on that. Although sounds hard (ooh err) Palace away, Villa Home and Luton away it isn't impossible to do that to put us on 16 points. We almost have to look at a segment of games as a mini season. In bold are possibly the "easiest" of wins if we took 6 points from each of the remaining "Segments" of games. With another win in there, I have put this in the last 5 fixtures it would give us a further 27 points finishing on 37. Although a huge ask, if the clubs wants to remain in the Premier League this is the type of "task" it needs to achieve. 37 was enough last season. Otherwise I can genuinely see us down after the Luton game if we don't win any of the next 3.

Palace (Away)
Villa (Home)
Luton (Away)

Brighton (Home)
Wolves (Away)
Bournemouth (Away)

Man United (Away)

Fulham (Home)
Liverpool (Away)
Chelsea (Home)
Brentford (Away)

Burnley (Home)

Newcastle (Away)
Forest (Home)
Everton (Away)

Tottenham (Home)
Winning one would be a struggle!

Palace (Away)
Villa (Home)
Luton (Away)

Brighton (Home)
Wolves (Away)
Bournemouth (Away)

Man United (Away)

Fulham (Home)
Liverpool (Away)
Chelsea (Home)
Brentford (Away)

Burnley (Home)

Newcastle (Away)
Forest (Home)
Everton (Away)

Tottenham (Home)
We were down when we played Palace......in August!

Bye pig.

Is that your best material 💦
I tell you what sitwell....let's raise some money on here for charity. Me and you three rounds of charity boxing! You up for it. If you can't beat a bloke in his late fifties then you are a pussy. I'll send you the details of entry. Get training it's in April.

I tell you what sitwell....let's raise some money on here for charity. Me and you three rounds of charity boxing! You up for it. If you can't beat a bloke in his late fifties then you are a pussy. I'll send you the details of entry. Get training it's in April.
Oh and I put £300 quid in the pot and would easily rise circa £1000 from friends. Let's do it. Regardless of the result I'll shake your hand and buy you a pint post fight.

Seriously you need help, go and see your GP. There is help out there, good luck.

Meanwhile the Prince is sunning himself somewhere on this planet laughing at 'those stupid Sheffield idiots' who are arguing about Hecky or Wilder when he knows that this situation is all down to his incompetence.

Over 140 posts and 6 pages and the Prince has been left out of the picture.

Divide and Rule - the Prince is the master.

Yep. He must be laughing his bollocks off after pumping millions in and having very little interest in his attempts to sell the club.

As you say though, he goes through life with little or no criticism from Blades fans…….

Meanwhile the Prince is sunning himself somewhere on this planet laughing at 'those stupid Sheffield idiots' who are arguing about Hecky or Wilder when he knows that this situation is all down to his incompetence.

Over 140 posts and 6 pages and the Prince has been left out of the picture.

Divide and Rule - the Prince is the master.
We go off topic a lot but this thread is literally called "Wilder". It being about him is pretty fair

We go off topic a lot but this thread is literally called "Wilder". It being about him is pretty fair

Seeing as a high percentage of posts on this thread are criticising the OP and calling him a pig I thought a reply including the word / name 'Wilder' would have been seen as staying on topic.

Maybe start acting like someone in their late 50s? Just a thought

We were down when we played Palace......in August!
Quite possibly with the mental attitude on here down in April 2023 when promotion was confirmed. If the club wants to be a sustainable Premier League long term club we need to have the mindset of being able to win. We are still a club that doesn’t have the “glamour of the Premier League” title attached to it. Can’t even blame that on the city as when people say Leeds are a Premier League side, I always ask them why the answer is a big club, big fan base etc. Failing to mention they play in one of the shitest area of Leeds possible. We don’t have the mindset by nature of we are bigger than Fulham, Brentford. Bournemouth, Palace, Burnley, Luton etc we give sides too much respect at times even the bigger clubs at this time like Man City, Liverpool etc we are waiting for them to beat us rather than playing our football

Quite possibly with the mental attitude on here down in April 2023 when promotion was confirmed. If the club wants to be a sustainable Premier League long term club we need to have the mindset of being able to win. We are still a club that doesn’t have the “glamour of the Premier League” title attached to it. Can’t even blame that on the city as when people say Leeds are a Premier League side, I always ask them why the answer is a big club, big fan base etc. Failing to mention they play in one of the shitest area of Leeds possible. We don’t have the mindset by nature of we are bigger than Fulham, Brentford. Bournemouth, Palace, Burnley, Luton etc we give sides too much respect at times even the bigger clubs at this time like Man City, Liverpool etc we are waiting for them to beat us rather than playing our football
Mental attitude on here had absolutely nothing to do with it, 0%. It's purely down to finances that we can't compete. Hecky worked miracles getting us up in the first place with the financial constraints he was working under

Illiman was primarily the reason we got promoted. We also had Doyle and Berge who would have improved us in the premiership but are the reason why we are so dire this season as none have been replaced.
three worse players and we expect to compete, it ain’t going to happen

5 goals against Brighton

3 goals against Palace

Talking post match (Brighton) about how hard to compete with the big boys.

Sure BBD has given us a bit more attacking bite, however we are further away from safety since Wilder came in.

Lets be right... CW is not the messiah and we aren't staying up... after a small new manager bounce nothing has realistically changed.

5 goals against Brighton

3 goals against Palace

Sure BBD has given us a bit more attacking bite, however we are further away from safety since Wilder came in.

Lets be right... CW is not the messiah and we aren't staying up... after a small new manager bounce nothing has realistically changed.
As sharp as an addicts spoon that take

5 goals against Brighton

3 goals against Palace

Hes got us scoring.
He hasn't found a way of keeping them out yet.

Under Hecky that's 3.0 Palace.

Still a defeat, I get that. We need to stop conceding the goals.

Doesn't help when you are up against Eze n Olise in same team 🫣

Back
Top Bottom