Wilder wants 5

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea let Abrahams out on loan after their spending spree. That would be ideal. Provided they pay some of his wages a 2m loan deal could be a good investment

I still like to see us finalise a deal for Swift. The key to ilk of the Swift, Robinson, Cash rumours was youth, potential, resale value. We've missed out on two, I'd want to secure the third, proper player too.

So if CW wants five, by my reckoning he’s already earmarked 20 players for the squad

Step forward

Rambo, Verrips, Fod
Bash, Egan, JOC, JRob, Jags
George, Enda
Sander, Norwood, Fleck, Ozzy, Lunny, Rodwell
Billy, Didzy, McB, Moose

So, if thats there’ll be no place for in the squad for
Simon Moore,
Callum Robinson,
Regan Slater,
Kean Bryan

Looks like the end of the road for Moore and Robbo and possibly loan deals for Slater and Bryan

Northern Ireland?

Part of the UK

Overseas means overseas in this context because CW mentioned overseas player Berge arriving in the same article. He also made reference to "foreign" players

"We have bids in for two or three players now and if they don't come through then you move on to your next target, but certainly in those list of targets there's foreign players.

"I want to keep the base and the core group a British core because it works for us and me.

"Sander has come in to the group and Richairo (Zivkovic) did last year and Sander has fitted in seamlessly, so there's no issue for me wanting to sign players from abroad."

So if CW wants five, by my reckoning he’s already earmarked 20 players for the squad

Step forward

Rambo, Verrips, Fod
George, Enda
Billy, Didzy, McB, Moose

Simon Moore,
Callum Robinson,
Regan Slater,
Kean Bryan

Looks like the end of the road for Moore and Robbo and possibly loan deals for Slater and Bryan

Recent interview with Rodwell & associated 'press' strongly indicated that he (& CWAK) viewed him as (primarily) centre back - although clearly doesn't preclude using him in midfield as/when/if necessary
Not that this contradicts / compromises your substantial point

Step forward

Rambo, Verrips, Fod
George, Enda
Billy, Didzy, McB, Moose

Simon Moore,
Callum Robinson,
Regan Slater,
Kean Bryan

I think Slater will still be young enough to not be included in the 25. U21 academy players are additional to the 25. Might give us a chance to have a couple of the young lads involved in preseason in the squad.
Only problem with Slater is I think he may be a little too similar to what we already have.

I think Slater will still be young enough to not be included in the 25. U21 academy players are additional to the 25. Might give us a chance to have a couple of the young lads involved in preseason in the squad.
Only problem with Slater is I think he may be a little too similar to what we already have.
I like Regan Slater a lot...he’s got a bright future. But does he learn more from being around the first team squad or by going on loan to a Championship club?

I like Regan Slater a lot...he’s got a bright future. But does he learn more from being around the first team squad or by going on loan to a Championship club?

I think he's really promising, but I'd loan him out. With Lunny and Berge I can't see him getting much game time. This may be compounded further by the comments about Rodwell as cover for midfield too.
Maybe ensure there's the option to recall in January though.

So we can safely assume that 4 of the 5 are as follows:

Nailed on
Lowe
Bogel

Nearly nailed on
Burke

Probable
Ampadu

So who do we reckon the striker will be? Or will it be a striker anyway? I can think of 3 we've been rumoured with:

Brewster
Emmanuel Dennis
Dajaku

Have I missed anyone? Whose most likely considering what we know about expected loans/international signings?

So we can safely assume that 4 of the 5 are as follows:

Nailed on
Lowe
Bogel

Nearly nailed on
Burke

Probable
Ampadu

So who do we reckon the striker will be? Or will it be a striker anyway? I can think of 3 we've been rumoured with:

Brewster
Emmanuel Dennis
Dajaku

Have I missed anyone? Whose most likely considering what we know about expected loans/international signings?
I suspect Brewster but I can imagine if Klopp decides to keep him we will have a second option we will instantly action

I suspect Brewster but I can imagine if Klopp decides to keep him we will have a second option we will instantly action

If we’re expecting it to be done this week as Wilder suggested, I don’t think it’s Brewster – I think Klopp will wait till nearer the end of the window before deciding on him. No insider knowledge on that, just a feeling I’ve got on it, coupled with the fact Wilder didn’t seem concerned when the name was put to him.

Its Pukki, he's in Didsy's Taxi back from Dublin

Bryan and Slater need loans out at a good level. We don't need their cover in the 25 man squad.

Don’t see it being Dennis.

Bogle and Lowe FB competition.
Burke as a forward

From what Wilder says that leaves a space for a forward and Cb cover if he’s counting Rodwell.

Ampadu would be excellent as he covers several positions in midfield and across the back, And having played at Chelsea, Leipzig and Internationally has decent experience. He’s a strong athletic player too!!
After that I’m expecting a surprise Striker, another Wilder wild card that nobody had really Expected or even speculated about.

Interesting what the Prince said a few young ones and a marque signing

Wonder where CW sees Rodwell and Ampadu in their best positions because they both can do same defence and midfield. Onbviously these two play if Basham and Norwood are injured.

Back
Top Bottom