Wilder wants 5

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ok, so long shot, could this be one of the 5 - be gentle! So if it possible that we're looking at an international player on loan, maybe with a view to a permanent - based solely on Wilder's comments about the international break today. Don't know why, just decided to look at Finland and anyone ever heard of Joel Pohjanpalo? Striker, 25, transfer listed by Bayer Leverkusen, but has scored goals in the Bundesliga there in fleeting appearances and has just come off the back of 9 goals in 14 games with Hamburg on loan in the Bundesliga 2. Looking at him he seems strong, powerful, two footed, good in the air and has some pace about him. Ok that's solely from watching videos! Read an article that says he has interest from the PL. Could he be the next Teemu Pukki?! Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there, on the very long chance that we sign him next week! Video is mainly from 2012, there's not many on you tube to be honest, another from 2016.

Ok, so long shot, could this be one of the 5 - be gentle! So if it possible that we're looking at an international player on loan, maybe with a view to a permanent - based solely on Wilder's comments about the international break today. Don't know why, just decided to look at Finland and anyone ever heard of Joel Pohjanpalo? Striker, 25, transfer listed by Bayer Leverkusen, but has scored goals in the Bundesliga there in fleeting appearances and has just come off the back of 9 goals in 14 games with Hamburg on loan in the Bundesliga 2. Looking at him he seems strong, powerful, two footed, good in the air and has some pace about him. Ok that's solely from watching videos! Read an article that says he has interest from the PL. Could he be the next Teemu Pukki?! Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there, on the very long chance that we sign him next week! Video is mainly from 2012, there's not many on you tube to be honest, another from 2016.

I've never heard of him (as is increasingly the case for any suggestions as the windows moves on) and that surname will pose a challenge for a good chant... That said, he's not a winger and any centre forward from Helsinki must have decent Finnish, so it's a yes from me. ✅

By my reckoning if Bryan gets a squad place he only needs 3 if no one leaves

But if Bryan misses out he needs 4 of no one leaves

Current 22 net of 3 goalies -

Egan Jags Bash Rodwell JoC RobinsonJ (I think we are vulnerable here but he's stuck with Jags & Rodwell)

Baldock Stevens Bryan + new RWB (question is whether Bryan can play LWB in PL)

Lunny Berge Norwood Fleck Ossie + new RMF (if believe we were chasing R sided attackers)

Billy Didsy McB Moose RobinsonC + new ST (he's said it all along)

If Lunny leaves he needs 5

If Lunny + RobinsonC leave he needs 6

And if those 2 go + he moves Moose on he needs 7.

I think we'll still be sorting transfers on 16 October because we have to wait till the other PL clubs who pay bigger wages have had their pick.

CW is going to be operating under some degree of uncertainty about his squad for the first month of the season.

But he's the man to produce strength from adversity.

All very confusing when CW specifically has said he wants 5 18 hours ago. So id work on that figure.

Dean Smith trust you have noted....👍

4, 5, or 6, doesn't really matter what the numbers are. Having appeared to have lost out on his main "A list" targets, will his next set of targets be of the right desired quality to take us up a level?

I am in the camp of "in Wilder we trust" but it does raise a concern.

Fingers crossed

4, 5, or 6, doesn't really matter what the numbers are. Having appeared to have lost out on his main "A list" targets, will his next set of targets be of the right desired quality to take us up a level?

I am in the camp of "in Wilder we trust" but it does raise a concern.

Fingers crossed

which of our competitors have to date spent more than we have?
What were our “A” list targets and who have they been sold to?

people like you are really good fun at parties , just the sort to be stuck in the trenches with

Wilder quote from Yorkshire live when discussing the fact that signings are being delayed as we will have to wait until after the international break to announce signings as some are internationals. A long way down the line with two loans and two others with another player recently coming to our attention. Hopeful of having three in before the Wolves match but have to wait until later in the window for the others.

Surely This indicates the quality of signing and also the fact that we have a flexible budget which will allow us to take advantage of opportunities in the market

CW:——-

“That has been put on hold but discussions are still ongoing between clubs, agents and players and I can only say when the window shuts do I believe we will be better than the start of last year? For me that is most definitely yes.

"That will encourage me enormously."

Has it actually been confirmed anywhere, this window, that players we've been rumoured to be in for, who've subsequently gone (are going) elsewhere, were ever in the frame in an official capacity? As in, has wilder come out in an interview and said something along the lines of 'Yeah, we were in for the lad but unfortunately he's made his decision and that didn't include us'? Or has there been any official statement to the tune of 'We're preparing bids for Antonee Robinson and Mr Football'? If not, then this assumption that we've missed out on our 'A List' targets seems pretty wide of the mark to me. Maybe we've* missed out on our 'A List' targets, but as far as I can see, there's nothing to suggest the club have or am I missing a detail?

*This forum and our fans in general.

which of our competitors have to date spent more than we have?
What were our “A” list targets and who have they been sold to?

people like you are really good fun at parties , just the sort to be stuck in the trenches with

Good fun at parties? And I'm not on the front line. All irrelevant mate.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Wilder is frustrated (he's said so), backed up with his "lazy recruitment" comment and his desire to get his business done early, that he's being gazumped. That unfortunately is football, but it doesn't change my feeling that all is not going as well as it could be on the recruitment front.

Hopefully it will all pan out ok and we get the desired quality needed.

He says once the international break is over he will hopefully be introducing them as Blades.

So question is how many of the rumour mill players heavily touted are on international duty this week?

Brewster is.

00.png

Dan James is?
Oliver Burke is?

Also on international duty is Darragh Lenihan, who we know we’ve had a long term interest in.

Looking at the Welsh squad and what we still need, Chris Gunter and Connor Roberts are both in it, so too Ben Cabango. I know Gunter hasn’t been linked, but he’d be an upgrade on Freeman as backup RWB and is available on a free. Ethan Ampadu looks likely to head out on loan again too for this season.

Clearly putting the finishing touches on a season loan for Bale.

Suomi_Blade just wondering what you think of Joel Pohjanpalo? OI know we've not been linked and he'll probably go to another German team but was just curious - just in case!

Also on international duty is Darragh Lenihan, who we know we’ve had a long term interest in.

Looking at the Welsh squad and what we still need, Chris Gunter and Connor Roberts are both in it, so too Ben Cabango. I know Gunter hasn’t been linked, but he’d be an upgrade on Freeman as backup RWB and is available on a free. Ethan Ampadu looks likely to head out on loan again too for this season.

Clearly putting the finishing touches on a season loan for Bale.

I've thought as soon as Gunter was released, and have suggested it on here, that I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went in for Gunter as cover for Baldock. He may be 31 now as of July, but he's played in some big games over his career and with 96 international caps to his name, that's not to be sniffed at. I'm sure we could do worse for cover. He's the record cap holder I see for Wales.

Back
Top Bottom