Wilder out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks Cahill shes back on her feet and walking on the road to recovery. Agree your loved ones are more important than football. Bill Shankly was wrong all those years ago.

I'm normally measured in my responses on here after a game but was a little fiery yesterday. A combination of being tired and watching that performance really grated when I've witnessed all week NHS staff particularly those at the bottom of the food chain going the extra mile to make sure she's well looked after. The post match comments from the manager not taking any responsibility shifting the blame onto unnamed individual players really touched a nerve.

Its quiet over the week end in hospital but an outbreak of S6itis hasn't soothed my mood. Having the other halfs family deciding to go to their first match of the season next week and telling me on text how massiv they are hasn't helped. Add in the relatives of the lovely woman in the bed opposite are of the same persuasion and that has been the sole topic of their conversation during visiting hours. Its enough to make you feel ill so I'm in the right place. :)

Keep on keeping on, Addison. Good luck to you all.

I would love him to rediscover the mojo he lost during lockdown, but it doesn't look like it is ever coming back. He did get us playing better for a while, and going forward we are ok now, but the defence is just as crap as it was under Hecky again.

Does he have a rebuild and a promotion in him now? I am really not sure.

He's a busted flush. There's a reason Boro and Watford sacked him. Tactically limited, has no plan B. I couldn't give the tiniest of shits about where he's from, who he supported as a boy, who he was a ball boy for etc etc. We need to get rid of this stupid, moronic idea that we need to have "Blades" running the club. Get rid asap, and try to get someone in who might actually have a clue how to run a team in 2024.

Thanks for that little spell a few years ago Chris. It was wonderful. But your time has come. Get out, now.
Bit harsh

His signings that summer didn't get us to 9th. His signings from the previous 3 seasons did and that was half the problem.
Once CW got his mitts on the big bucks we were Buggered totally clueless as never dealt in that market and was dry bottom pumped by Liverpool and others, lower league talent that can be nurtured or if spending large amounts at least get some plays not made of toffee ffs

Wilder is a busted flush. The few quid he had to spend in the January window he has spunked up the wall especially on that spastic dick in net, nevermind sticking paper on a wall in Norwich’s LGBTQ away dressing room. His team selections are shit, tactics are shit and his substitutions are fucking shit. What is it? 7 players contracted to us next year? Brewster is 1 of them so might aswell say 6. I don’t trust him to sort out a 30 man turnover this summer.

Wilder is a busted flush. The few quid he had to spend in the January window he has spunked up the wall especially on that spastic dick in net, nevermind sticking paper on a wall in Norwich’s LGBTQ away dressing room. His team selections are shit, tactics are shit and his substitutions are fucking shit. What is it? 7 players contracted to us next year? Brewster is 1 of them so might aswell say 6. I don’t trust him to sort out a 30 man turnover this summer.

Can’t just blame wilder for the subs, there is a 4 man committee and usually when they get their heads together it takes about 15 minutes and we concede a few because the other team is well on top.

Can’t just blame wilder for the subs, there is a 4 man committee and usually when they get their heads together it takes about 15 minutes and we concede a few because the other team is well on top.
You can’t say anyone but Wilder or Knill is making the substitution calls surely.

Steve Cooper come on down !!!
The time is right !!
As ever UTB !
To speculate you have to accumulate. Wilder should never come back,he should have handed his resignation in after the Arsenal debacle even after being re employed. The football we are seeing is totally ingrained in the club and are refusing to come out of it and move forward. The tactics, the set up,players signed,defensive coaching,midfield coaching,it’s laughable . Pay the money and get Cooper in,because if we stay with him we are on a rapid decline.

If we are not changing owner then there is little point in changing manager.

Anyone wanting to radically change the style is not going to have the tools to achieve this.

Our main hope is more of the same but better.

I know some won’t like that, but all changing manager will do is reduce the amount of funds we have already in paying off the staff.

Fact is, this isn’t Chris’ squad and for that matter it isn’t Hecky’s Premier League squad either. It’s a squad augmented by negligible investment to keep the wolves at bay in future years.

Post relegation the last time we sold Ramsdale. We bought Anel. Everything else was just musical chairs.

This time we’ve spent a net of 31m pounds of which we’ll likely be refunded 18m.

So our jaunts to the Prem for the past 3 windows and 4 Champ ones will have garnered a net gain of around 7m.

Then we’ll flog Anel and Souza to top this up close to 30m if we are lucky.

We will probably have no choice to pay for a keeper unless there is a foreign one on a free. I can see Matt Ryan, Marek Rodak, Barkas (who was awful at Celtic), perhaps we consider Schmeichel’s waning powers if we claim leadership is needed. You’ve got Loris Karius who probably wants to be paid though may appeal to Wilder’s false impression of some sort of salvage yard Samaritan. Walton at Ipswich is the only other I’ve really heard of and he’s not even in their team. I suppose the Norway keeper Selvik is in there too and if all else fails, we can always blame Bergen Blade if we get him and he makes a mistake 😉

Otherwise it will be something borrowed or something free.

Back to the days of Dave Bassett “when I came they told me there was no money, and they’ve kept their word!”

.... add to that, he picked a front 3 today who won't be here next season, then chose to bring on a 4th who also won't be here next season.

Say what you like about Osula and Brooks, but we know they'll be playing next season, so why the fuck don't you pick them???
Because they’re not good enough and wilder hasn’t had a tiff with the others you mentioned

After the Forest catastrophe 🤣
My forest mates loved him,as did the rest of them. The owner was the problem (similarities close to home), he meddled in transfers in and out,tactics,the way forward etc etc. He expected a trophy within 2 years! A very strong character who said,it’s my money and I’ll do what I want,if you don’t like it,fook off. Hence the 100 transfers that mostly he got wrong .

My forest mates loved him,as did the rest of them. The owner was the problem (similarities close to home), he meddled in transfers in and out,tactics,the way forward etc etc. He expected a trophy within 2 years! A very strong character who said,it’s my money and I’ll do what I want,if you don’t like it,fook off. Hence the 100 transfers that mostly he got wrong .

The bottom line is that he had an immense squad of expensive, talented players and a budget United could only dream of and failed at a level no Blades boss ever has to get the best from them. His football was also poor, a total eyesore

He was actually very lucky to fluke promotion after being roundly outplayed by an average Blades team on his own patch. The football Gods were looking after him that night and in the final the referees

An interesting bit of info is that he was Wilder's recommendation as his replacement when he left last time.

I'm afraid whilst ever HRH is at the helm his lapdog Wilder will be in charge. The only way that changes is if Wilder walks out the back door again with a bag full of cash....

What I don't understand is how Chris Wilder, who in his day was a very effective full back both in defence and in going forward, is putting out sides with no one other than Furious George who knows how (or has the right attitude) to play that position.

And if you're going to rely on wing backs with 3 guys covering across the back behind, those wing backs have got to know how to tackle/jostle/cover back. Too many of our wing backs seem to see their defensive duties as beneath them.

Wilder's record since quitting SUFC is alarming, however, I do believe, he will sign wisely, he will get it right and United will be a good side in the Championship next season.
It might look like a very different starting XI this time next season, he's got a lot of work to do and can't really afford to miss with any transfers.

In terms of the ownership, I think PA's legacy will actually be in who he sells to.
If there was a billionaire Blades fan out there, they would have shown themselves by now. So best we can hope for is someone (or group) that actually cares about growing Sheffield United both on and off the pitch for the long term.

What a load of fucking shit. Why is he attempting a racial slur by using the word Arab? Grow the fuck up or fuck off with that racial bullshit.
Because in a post intended to insult and attack our owner (which is fair enough), he uses the word Arab despite us all knowing he is an Arab.

If a newspaper article referred to him as an Arab, we can assume they're trying to inform the reader rather than using his race as an insult.

That post uses the word Arab next to the word embarrassing, as another adjective to describe him. Was he jumping from an insult to a merely neutrally descriptor of his race? Possibly, but it doesn't read like that.

For example, "Danny is a fucking stupid gay dickhead". It's reasonable to assume that gay is being used as an insult in this sentence given it's context and would therefore be homophobic.

it pains me to say this as i was a big chris wilder fan first time round but i just dont think its going to happen for him at the lane this time round having said that if he stays i sincerly hope he makes me eat my words just think we need a younger manager with different ideas to come in having said that neither guardiola or klopp could have kept this squad in the premier league i would sooner us stay in the championship than go up again having spent peanuts

We are sleep walking into a disaster next season, he has shown absolutely zero that he has the required skills and ability to turn this complete shitshow around. If this was any other manager they would have been sacked. He's been in charge for 19 premier league games, it's half a season. I appreciate he came in under a difficult set of circumstances but he has had enough time to try and make progress. He has to take some responsibility for this, but when you listen to his interviews he feels he is immune and this isn't on him.

We got a slight new manager bounce when he came back, but since then we still dont have a style of play and defensively we are still atrociuous. We now approach a critical period for the football club, probably half the fanbase want him gone. I said when he came back the first 10 games would be critical, the first 10 games next season will be even more critical. Toxicity on the terraces feels like it's just around the corner. I hope i'm wrong.

Wilder's record since quitting SUFC is alarming, however, I do believe, he will sign wisely, he will get it right and United will be a good side in the Championship next season.
It might look like a very different starting XI this time next season, he's got a lot of work to do and can't really afford to miss with any transfers.

In terms of the ownership, I think PA's legacy will actually be in who he sells to.
If there was a billionaire Blades fan out there, they would have shown themselves by now. So best we can hope for is someone (or group) that actually cares about growing Sheffield United both on and off the pitch for the long term.

Because I'm stuck waiting for a taxi I've had time to work this out (please correct me if any of this is wrong)

Chris Wilder's managerial statistics since finishing 9th with Sheffield United
Matches 109
Wins 32
Draws 20
Loses 57

PA's legacy has been defined by the past few seasons.

Yes, his ownership coincided with one of the best top-flight seasons that we're likely to have for the forseeable future; but our two most recent premier league seasons have been nothing short of abysmal.

Heckingbottom did a fantastic job in getting us promoted against a backdrop of a complete shitshow behind the scenes; defined entirely by a complete lack of investment in the club's day-to-day running.

He is a cheat. Defaulting on transfer fees is not only incredibly embarrassing, but it is cheating the system. If another team had got promoted at our expense last season and were found to have essentially been cheating to do so then we would quite rightly be outraged. There is no excusing it.

His recent tenure as our owner has coincided with the most humilating period for our club in my lifetime, both on and off the pitch, and mismanagement has directly resulted in transfer embargoes and points deductions.

An against all odds 9th place finish, and automatic promotion at the second time of asking have papered over what has been thoroughly poor ownership.

Back
Top Bottom