Wilder out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now? Who comes in for 5 games? Or end of season. Then who? What is going to attract a decent or even up and coming manager to a club with players out of contract and being run into the ground. Be very careful what you wish for.
I’ve stopped wishing for anything football wise.

What I wish for is Margot Robbie coming round tonight and using my face as a bench….

Had a bad week wife in hospital and only a few hours sleep. The least I expected from today was to see some passion and desire. We destroyed Burnley last season playing 3-5-2, pressurising a bomb scare keeper and being strong on set pieces. The formation restricted their wingers.

Just can't fathom why the manager chose to play a back four with two players at full back that are poor at tracking runners. Why didn't we start with Holgate in a 3 at the back enabling Bogle and Osborn to play their more natural wing back roles. At half time the opportunity was there to change it. They were weak at the back but we just let them continue to walk through us in the middle. 3 of the 4 goals came down the left side but nothing was done to address this.

Souza for Archer just left more holes and it was a stroll for Burnley in the end. It took 62 minutes for someone to stand on Muric from a corner. It was little Ben and Muric completely missed the ball. He also passed the ball straight to BBD. Opportunities were there for the taking if more pressure had been put on him. Yes we didn't have JLT's long throws but we were so passive when it came to applying pressure.

Muric made a really good save from Mcatee and a few regulation saves down at his near post but it was far from a worldy performance. Gribic has to be taken out of the firing line even if it means one of Amissah or Faxon are given a game. The rest of the team have lost confidence in him.

Its this continual tactical ineptitude and formation tinkering that calls into question whether CW is the right person to take us forward. We are on course to exceed 100 goals conceded in a season making us one of the worst EPL teams in living memory with no sign of the floodgates being closed. This damning statistic can not be ignored and provides little evidence that we will be in a position to turn it around and go for promotion next season.
Sorry to hear about your Mrs

Had a bad week wife in hospital and only a few hours sleep. The least I expected from today was to see some passion and desire. We destroyed Burnley last season playing 3-5-2, pressurising a bomb scare keeper and being strong on set pieces. The formation restricted their wingers.

Just can't fathom why the manager chose to play a back four with two players at full back that are poor at tracking runners. Why didn't we start with Holgate in a 3 at the back enabling Bogle and Osborn to play their more natural wing back roles. At half time the opportunity was there to change it. They were weak at the back but we just let them continue to walk through us in the middle. 3 of the 4 goals came down the left side but nothing was done to address this.

Souza for Archer just left more holes and it was a stroll for Burnley in the end. It took 62 minutes for someone to stand on Muric from a corner. It was little Ben and Muric completely missed the ball. He also passed the ball straight to BBD. Opportunities were there for the taking if more pressure had been put on him. Yes we didn't have JLT's long throws but we were so passive when it came to applying pressure.

Muric made a really good save from Mcatee and a few regulation saves down at his near post but it was far from a worldy performance. Gribic has to be taken out of the firing line even if it means one of Amissah or Faxon are given a game. The rest of the team have lost confidence in him.

Its this continual tactical ineptitude and formation tinkering that calls into question whether CW is the right person to take us forward. We are on course to exceed 100 goals conceded in a season making us one of the worst EPL teams in living memory with no sign of the floodgates being closed. This damning statistic can not be ignored and provides little evidence that we will be in a position to turn it around and go for promotion next season.
An excellent summary of todays events, and I hope your wife is better and back home soon.

Sorry to hear about your Mrs
Shes recovering from a stroke thanks C. Back on her feet now thankfully. She told me to have a break from all the stress of travelling back and forth and go and do something I enjoy this afternoon. Would have been better to have gone home and caught up on sleep. Mind you the second half was helpful in that regard. :)

There hasn’t been a peep against these arseholes. They are getting an unbelievably easy ride from our fans.
Exactly, yet we're booing a player who that 'prince' booted out of the door to pay his debts. We've got 13 players out of contract, we've got several loans coming to an end, we've got 2 points deducted before next season starts and here we are blaming absolutely anyone or anything other than the actual person who caused it.

I didn't want him back, amongst many, many others, though that had nothing to do with his original departure, I just think he's a busted flush.

Since his arrival we have at least posed more attacking threat, so it sometimes looks like there's actual method there, but the defence is as bad as it ever was and you cannot possibly stay up conceding so many goals.

I live in Spain. I could throw a golf ball from any hill over here and it would hit a decent coach who would at least get this rag. tag and bobtail bunch organised well enough to concede nil or one and give us a fucking chance.

Now, next season, depending on recruitment (in which I have no faith at all) this may even be good enough to do reasonably well as we won't be punished as often, but to what ends?

We're starting on -2 points and as far as I'm concerned we'll be starting every game we play on -1 goals as well if he can't get a grip of this awful goalkeeper and the keystone kops playing in front of him.

How can you want him out when he was brought up the right way from a football point of view or whatever it is he keeps telling us

United World are to blame. They have no record of recruitment success at multiple clubs. All the fans hate the recruitment at all the clubs. It's a consisten, undeniable pattern.The only success we've had at United over the last 20 years re recruitment is Wilder/Knill/Mitchell pre Premier League. Wilder is here as the cheque book has vanished. They want him to start pulling gold from his ass again. An extremely difficult thing to do. Grbic looks like another UW comedy gem. The issue is not only Wilder's potential inability to repeat his Paul Daniels period (at multiple clubs btw), but the possibility that he's been neutered by UW. His tone is one of somebody that no longer has the bottle to manage upstairs or drive decisions like he did throughout his last period. It smells a bit like the puppet Wilder period to me.
Grbic is a UW signing. Our model is sell to buy. With Wes finished Grbic is here like all the other permanent players: to be shop windowed. The irony is that he's that bad he's losing value with each game he plays.
Genuine question do you really think that the PA spent 2 m on this goalie

Exactly, yet we're booing a player who that 'prince' booted out of the door to pay his debts. We've got 13 players out of contract, we've got several loans coming to an end, we've got 2 points deducted before next season starts and here we are blaming absolutely anyone or anything other than the actual person who caused it.
Well said

Shes recovering from a stroke thanks C. Back on her feet now thankfully. She told me to have a break from all the stress of travelling back and forth and go and do something I enjoy this afternoon. Would have been better to have gone home and caught up on sleep. Mind you the second half was helpful in that regard. :)
Glad to hear she's on the mend.👍

We should be looking down the leagues at who has done well like Mike Williamson, and the guy at Stockpot…but now we’re just looking down the leagues at who we’ll be playing in a couple of seasons

"We'll take a decision over the weekend - I'm not sure he's getting maximum protection from his teammates but goals are going in too easily".
Very much sounded like he realises that Gbric is not good enough.
Thanks mate

How well did Wilder do for Watford and Middlesboro in the Championship.

My recollection is he was shit at both.

That has a baring for us in the Championship.

Rebuild needed, so let's sack the manager who built two promotion teams on a shoestring? I dunno about that. Who is realistically coming in?
These make you laugh. 3/4 of squad injured, a bench full of injured players. One nutcase has been ranting about the £100 M Jan Van Winkle DOF had 5 years ago to buy Chris some Prem quality players. Chris asked for Cash, Maupay, Watkins & got none of them! But we still finished 9th ! The vile Abdullah will get £118.8 Million just TV money next month if we finish bottom. He's had this gravy train for the last 5 years going into his United World bank account in Geneva Switzerland. The problem is a pittance will come back to SUFC. I can't understand why the gobby knows nowts don't know about this. Don't they do their research? Why are they so tolerant of an owner who is financially shafting the Blades? But blame managers when it's obvious to intelligent fans the manager is on a hiding to nothing.

The bloke relies on passion and crap cliches about been an honest group and can’t fool punters and all the other crap he’s spouting yet picks that keeper week in week out.Tactics have been so poor it’s untrue, just chucking everyone up front when losing.

Then you have his ridiculous rants about refs and his outright refusal of fronting any blame himself for the shit we’re in.Why can’t he say the lads need to do so much better and actually so do I .His ego is way bigger than I ever realised.

How well did Wilder do for Watford and Middlesboro in the Championship.

My recollection is he was shit at both.

That has a baring for us in the Championship.
His heart wasn't in it. He's a Blade through & through. Also Abdullah put out feelers about other professional managers & was told no one will come to SUFC while he is the owner. Everyone knows he's shafting us except for a small minority of our fans

Back
Top Bottom