CONFIRMED Wilder gone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A move to Celtic would appear a great escape plan for Wilder ('s career). His CV remains officially blemish free and gets a fairly unique opportunity to immediately win Honours and experience Europe. Also gives him a likely route back to EPL life on his terms should he not completely bollocks it up. Pride in tact, and matches his ambition. It's a great professional move.

I feel like I’ve been dumped by the fittest bird I ever went out with this morning.

I’ll probably mope about a bit then be metaphorically back on Tiinder (or what ever the modern day equivalent of 80s night at Europa is) at the start of next season.

probably end up with a munter again though.

As for us, gutted. Our meteoric rise under his leadership overlaps a new chapter in life for myself, and genuinely feel emotional. But nothing lasts and I'm pleased we never 'sacked' him. We carry on and I'm no less excited for a return to the (proper) Saturday ritual. UTB

If Wilder has gone because of ‘interference’ from our board how is going to go on up at Celtic as Neil Lennon has walked for the same thing?

If Wilder has gone because of ‘interference’ from our board how is going to go on up at Celtic as Neil Lennon has walked for the same thing?

Lennon was sacked but you point is correct. No manager will have a free hand up there as they try to reset and reorganise, unless maybe a top top manager takes on the job.

'Having just read some of your posts over recent days...' just sounds weird

I hope my comment about attending a resrve team game in March 1971 didn't offend you.

No, but suggesting CW get as much out of the PA (and therefore the club) as he possibly can, thereby impacting the funds available for other means e.g. next season's playing budget, is something I disagree strongly with.

If you're a supporter of CW over the club, then that is your prerogative. I hope you enjoy supporting him as his next club.

I remain a supporter of SUFC and will always be so. I'll therefore always want what's best for it - that includes not wanting CW, nor anyone else, seeking to extract monies from it.

I feel like I’ve been dumped by the fittest bird I ever went out with this morning.

I’ll probably mope about a bit then be metaphorically back on Tiinder (or what ever the modern day equivalent of 80s night at Europa is) at the start of next season.

probably end up with a munter again though.
Perhaps once you realise, she’s dumped you because she’s been chatted up by a fit Scottish bloke for the last couple of months behind your back, he’s got more money than you and she’s decided he’s the better option, it’ll help ease your pain? 😉

Perhaps once you realise, she’s dumped you because she’s been chatted up by a fit Scottish bloke for the last couple of months behind your back, he’s got more money than you and she’s decided he’s the better option, it’ll help ease your pain? 😉
Few, I thought it was because of my micro penis

I bet Mccabe is laughing his socks off. big mistake letting Wilder leave. who is going to do as good as Wilder has done?.
One of our own and will never be forgotten.
I will be back at the lane to support the Blades when allowed. not happy at the moment. but I will be there. can,t help it.
I am a born and bred Blade since 1957.

And he wears a kilt. And he's got a bigger sporran. But she's going to find out that wee Jock McPlop spends all his time tossing the caber. ;)

I bet Mccabe is laughing his socks off. big mistake letting Wilder leave. who is going to do as good as Wilder has done?.
One of our own and will never be forgotten.
I will be back at the lane to support the Blades when allowed. not happy at the moment. but I will be there. can,t help it.
I am a born and bred Blade since 1957.

Same McCabe who almost forced wilder to quit cause he sacked Steven bettis 👍

Then only stayed because the prince made bettis stay 👍

Get your facts right

No, but suggesting CW get as much out of the PA (and therefore the club) as he possibly can, thereby impacting the funds available for other means e.g. next season's playing budget, is something I disagree strongly with.

If you're a supporter of CW over the club, then that is your prerogative. I hope you enjoy supporting him as his next club.

I remain a supporter of SUFC and will always be so. I'll therefore always want what's best for it - that includes not wanting CW, nor anyone else, seeking to extract monies from it.
You sound more like a Prince Abdullah fan.

If people don't like seeing other's opinions and want to make them feel uncomfortable for making them, it's an echo chamber they want not a forum. They should do the right thing and remove themselves from the forum. All opinions are permitted as long as they don't go into racism or other forms of bigotry. If you see that, report it to the mods. On that note: sack the board and Prince out!

What ever the truth is the facts are Chris AND the Prince, got us out of that prison the third Div.
We owe Chris a massive thank you for the pure joy of four out of the last five seasons and choose what ever the facts are, I for one will be eternally grateful to him for that .
Thanks Chris and all the best......

You sound more like a Prince Abdullah fan.

Not particularly although I was pleased he won the court case and gained control from McCabe. The thought of his reign continuing or, potentially even worse, selling to ALK Capital and thereby loading the club with huge amounts of debt as they have done with Burnley is in my opinion far worse than anything PA has done or conveyed he plans to do.

I feel the club has handled the events over the last few days very poorly, topped-off by Bettis' media release (if he's in that state or generally that poor in front of camera, then a different method of comms should have been used e.g. a written media release). However, I do agree that Wilder needed some help and therefore things needed to change. The limitations of the club's current scouting and recruitment, perhaps driven by Wilder's personal approach and choices, were evident for all to see and were miles away from the level required in the Prem. That, coupled with the loss of Henderson and JOC, always meant survival, never mind repeating last season's success, was going to be challenging, if not impossible. However, I also think Wilder made some very poor and at times desperate decisions as he tried to find a team selection that worked. The lack of flex in the squad (no attacking midfielder, no viable cover for JOC, no competition at RCM, the lack of a Prem level goalscorer, the general lack of pace etc. etc. to enable alternative formations to be seriously considered again should be pinned on Wilder. It's just a shame Wilder and the Board couldn't agree on a way forward that would have given the club a better chance of bouncing back next season than the situation the club finds itself in now.

If this is true I’ll be devastated...this will see the club spiral down the leagues again...
You are 100% correct. Under Wilder you were riding a Crest of a wave. That ship has now sailed. You will look back on the Wilder years fondly and will ultimately regret the day he left. Wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom