Wilder after Bash and Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

well if wilder wanted mcburnie think it would be loan with view to buy and if by some chance boro got up through the play offs we may have a chance of getting 10m plus for him as for basham hes been a great player for us but we have had the best of him
I’d keep Basham based on the fact we only really have 3 CB’s I refuse to count Jackie long throw. Arguably Basham has been our best CB in recent weeks and we certainly don’t have to depth there to be sending one out. If anything we should be looking to recruit at that position in the near future.

I’d keep Basham based on the fact we only really have 3 CB’s I refuse to count Jackie long throw. Arguably Basham has been our best CB in recent weeks and we certainly don’t have to depth there to be sending one out. If anything we should be looking to recruit at that position in the near future.

Bash has his feet firmly rooted to the floor, the type of character that wont try and force through a move, or throw his toys out of the pram if the club don't buy him a Birthday cake.

Presumably as the source looks to be team talk that they’ve looked at Wilder players at United that aren’t playing every week and wouldn’t cost much and then decided to link them to Boro

Just like the press linked us to Mitrovic, Cairney and Sessegnon

Bash has his feet firmly rooted to the floor, the type of character that wont try and force through a move, or throw his toys out of the pram if the club don't buy him a Birthday cake.
Have a like just for the che Adams reference 😂

Have a like just for the che Adams reference 😂
Have to admit, it was more a Toure reference, no idea why Adams was moved on, only thing I heard on the grapevine, was the management not being overly impressed with his training/work ethic

Have to admit, it was more a Toure reference, no idea why Adams was moved on, only thing I heard on the grapevine, was the management not being overly impressed with his training/work ethic
Adams departure will always be linked to birthday cakes for me. I vividly remember that picture at the time of him with a birthday cake all smiles with wilder and billy and then out the door quicker than you could blink.

see your point yogi but i think basham might fancy linking up again with chris at boro and no point hanging on to a player if he wants to go

If it means Burke goes and Bash is tne fall guy would you sell? Let’s face it we need new faces and Bash isn’t a spring chicken not sure how’d we’d finance it as we have no money and Middlesbrough won’t want to give any for Burke

see your point yogi but i think basham might fancy linking up again with chris at boro and no point hanging on to a player if he wants to go
If the player expresses a desire to leave then yeah obviously there’s not much point standing in his way at his age. However bash has always been extremely positive about playing for united and indeed living in and around Sheffield and raising his family here I think he’ll stay personally.

Adams departure will always be linked to birthday cakes for me. I vividly remember that picture at the time of him with a birthday cake all smiles with wilder and billy and then out the door quicker than you could blink.

I put Adams and Kazim Richards in the same category, Adams being far better, but they both have a certain attitude, self confidence that could be seen as arrogance, thing is every successful team has one or two with that character trait.

I put Adams and Kazim Richards in the same category, Adams being far better, but they both have a certain attitude, self confidence that could be seen as arrogance, thing is every successful team has one or two with that character trait.
I used to love Adams when he was here I really thought we had it made with him DCL and Reed. You’re right about needing players with swagger that’s why I don’t mind Brewster being so smiley all the time it takes all sorts to make a team and sometimes you need a joker. Adams is so strange he should have all the attributes to be a very good prem striker pace, power, size and a decent shot on him but he just doesn’t seem to bully players like he should unless he’s playing us.

If Wilder buys Burke it will be after a session akin to the one he had when we got 100 points.

I used to love Adams when he was here I really thought we had it made with him DCL and Reed. You’re right about needing players with swagger that’s why I don’t mind Brewster being so smiley all the time it takes all sorts to make a team and sometimes you need a joker. Adams is so strange he should have all the attributes to be a very good prem striker pace, power, size and a decent shot on him but he just doesn’t seem to bully players like he should unless he’s playing us.
I agree re Adams, I wonder if this season will see him really make his mark in the PL, Ings having gone, he has an opportunity to stand out, and has the ideal opportunity with a team that in no danger of relegation and well run by Hasenhuttl

If it means Burke goes and Bash is tne fall guy would you sell? Let’s face it we need new faces and Bash isn’t a spring chicken not sure how’d we’d finance it as we have no money and Middlesbrough won’t want to give any for Burke
Why do you think we have no money ? Neither the owner nor the Board have stated that to be the case.

I agree re Adams, I wonder if this season will see him really make his mark in the PL, Ings having gone, he has an opportunity to stand out, and has the ideal opportunity with a team that in no danger of relegation and well run by Hasenhuttl
Yeah he’s one of those players where you’re just waiting for it to all click a bit like josh king but there’s no guarantee it will.

Yeah he’s one of those players where you’re just waiting for it to all click a bit like josh king but there’s no guarantee it will.
agree always liked adams but the rumour at the time that he was a billy big bollocks and thats why we got rid mind dont think ings is quite the same player since hes gone to villa always rated king as well we could have had him if it hadnt been for our strict wage structure

As said above its two names who are either available or likely to be available on the case of Bash..

Wilder will want to play 532 and for that he needs Basham who is available for next to nothing or if he’s patient literally nothing.. he’s been in Sheffield a long time so hopefully he’s settled but he may feel like a reunion with Wilder closer to home in the north North East in his twilight years as too tempting to turn down. With his fitness levels he’s got a 3 year contract in him somewhere but I doubt we would give him thay

I’ll say it and I’ll get pelters

But Burke has been criminally underused this season he is nowhere nowhere near as bad as people make out

Especially when you’ve got Ben Osborne playing on the wing 😂

Guy is an absolute headless chicken, has zero clue what he's doing on the pitch and his feet are too fast for his own good, the amount of throw-ins and goalkicks hes conceded from his 7th touch is insane. He is 100% on buckfast

With his fashion sense, Oli is going stand out amongst the locals in their star jumpers and loon pants.

Guy is an absolute headless chicken, has zero clue what he's doing on the pitch and his feet are too fast for his own good, the amount of throw-ins and goalkicks hes conceded from his 7th touch is insane. He is 100% on buckfast

Yeah but that's not true , I think burke has become a bit of a meme/scapegoat for people

He doesn't do that he is a very good winger because Hes that fast

Same as most of our recent signing he hasn't had our fair run of games to judge him enough especially this season

At the start of last season plenty of people were saying it was a masterstroke getting him for Robinson

So if true wilder carrying on where he left off with shit signings reference Burke

If he wants Basham ..... the condition has to be that he buys Burke, Norwood and Egan as well :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom