Who’s on the way then?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm bracing myself for losing one of - Egan, JOC & Fleck
I personally think Fleck is more likely.

I know JOC gets linked a lot and people are saying Egan is one of the players who hasn't signed an extension yet but I think Fleck would be the most likely out of those 3.

You're a social media man, you must have seen his missus moaning at the stick he was receiving the other week? Small I know, but its not very often a wife publicly complains about something to do with their husbands job if the husband doesn't feel the same.

Maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 15.

I know JOC gets linked a lot and people are saying Egan is one of the players who hasn't signed an extension yet but I think Fleck would be the most likely out of those 3.

You're a social media man, you must have seen his missus moaning at the stick he was receiving the other week? Small I know, but its not very often a wife publicly complains about something to do with their husbands job if the husband doesn't feel the same.

Fleck to Arsenal.
JOC to Liverpool.

😭😭😭

Fleck to Arsenal.
JOC to Liverpool.

😭😭😭

Personally think we could replace Fleck for the amount of money Arsenal would have to pay us, plus Osborn has been awesome.

Losing JOC on the other hand would be huge!! Especially losing Henderson the same summer.

Osborne was awesome first few games but looked pretty poor the last two , hes an energizer bunny but his first touch isnt up to scratch, hes coughted up posseion 3 or 4 times in realyl dangerous areas that we have gotten away with. Him taking over from Fleck would be a downgrade in the starting 11, but I do agree if Arsenal were to buy him we would be able to get an excellent replacement in if that was reinvested and knowing CWAK could upgrade both the left wing and another position for the funds generated.

Osborne was awesome first few games but looked pretty poor the last two , hes an energizer bunny but his first touch isnt up to scratch, hes coughted up posseion 3 or 4 times in realyl dangerous areas that we have gotten away with. Him taking over from Fleck would be a downgrade in the starting 11, but I do agree if Arsenal were to buy him we would be able to get an excellent replacement in if that was reinvested and knowing CWAK could upgrade both the left wing and another position for the funds generated.
I fully agree with the Osborn assessment, but I cant look past those first 2 games. He was so positive, energetic and creative.

I'm not advertising our players, the only midfielder I wouldn't be that concerned to lose is Lunny, but we aren't talking small sales figures anymore. If someone came in for Fleck he ain't leaving for 3 or 4 million anymore, those days are gone. If we lose our better players they will have to go for big money and if anyone can find a replacement its Chris.

Just having a bit of fun second-guessing our stance :
The ones we'd like to raise cash for :
Cal Robinson , Luke Freeman , Moose , Lunny.
The ones who might get pinched :
JoC , Fleck , maybe Egan.
Egan is only a maybe coz other PL sides will see him as not tall enough to be completely dominant + he can get done for pace , especially with a direct ball over the top.
But for us , he's heroic , so I hope no-one comes in for him.

I understood Wilder interview yesterday to mean we will be looking to sell some players due to their contract situation.

So, who, where and for how much do we think?

My suggestions-
1. Basham- To Leeds- for £4m
Rationale. Leeds will need to tighten up at the back. Bash is a top defender, plays high energy game and would fit in with how Bielsa plays IMHO. Sadly, I’m worried Bash is at an age where he needs to look after his own interests while he can, and would probably get the big signing on fee and double his wages at Leeds.
I would be gutted.

2. Egan- To Everton- £16m
Bigger club, has more money and desires on breaking into the top 6. Top manager too. So obvious draw for Egan.
Fee fairly low, but given he’s approaching his last year, our need to freshen the squad and the lack of options and time to do it I could see us having hard ball played and having to give in.

Just a gut feeling these, what’s your tips? I see there being a bit of a shock coming

Good suggestions really. I think we can get around £20m for O’Connell too which should free up some more funds to sign a forward (Kiefer Moore from Wigan is available).

We don’t need Fleck now we’ve got Osborn too.

I fully agree with the Osborn assessment, but I cant look past those first 2 games. He was so positive, energetic and creative.

I'm not advertising our players, the only midfielder I wouldn't be that concerned to lose is Lunny, but we aren't talking small sales figures anymore. If someone came in for Fleck he ain't leaving for 3 or 4 million anymore, those days are gone. If we lose our better players they will have to go for big money and if anyone can find a replacement its Chris.

absolutely im not saying we should sell, Fleck has been brilliant for us and would take a good fee. Im just saying if we got offered 25 - 30 million for fleck, I would trust wilder to replace him at the very least if not upgrade with those funds.

Good suggestions really. I think we can get around £20m for O’Connell too which should free up some more funds to sign a forward (Kiefer Moore from Wigan is available).

We need a left footed MF plus cover , so we need both.

My starting price for JoC is £50m and for Fleck is £30m.
With £80m I think we could strengthen despite losing those two , although CW will only look at left footers to play on the left , so it's a smaller pond to fish in.

You'd let Basham go?
And You'd lose JOC to fund a move for Kiefer Moore.
Am I missing the joke?

Hit me up with Flecks missus complaining. I ain't seen nothing

Hit me up with Flecks missus complaining. I ain't seen nothing
I might have worded that wrong, or left it slightly ambiguous.
It wasn't against, wilder, the club or the team.
She was frustrated at the comments from the fans about him since the restart.

I might have worded that wrong, or left it slightly ambiguous.
It wasn't against, wilder, the club or the team.
She was frustrated at the comments from the fans about him since the restart.

Where was this posted? I've completely missed it.

Regardless of that I would focus on getting a fast striker for about £20m-30m and a creative midfielder in a similar price range. Those are the main areas to strengthen. After that we can look at possibly upgrading on Stevens.

Then if we want to sell anyone, the starting price for Egan would have to be £30m. JOC, £40m. Fleck, £25m. Basham is a harder one to value due to his age. It might be best just to keep him until he retires now, plus he's instrumental for us.

For any incomings, we should probably increase our focus on the foreign leagues, as there's some good signings to be had.

Regardless of that I would focus on getting a fast striker for about £20m-30m and a creative midfielder in a similar price range. Those are the main areas to strengthen. After that we can look at possibly upgrading on Stevens.

Im pretty sure we wont have £40 - 60 million to spend in this window on 2 players, especially with a thin squad that will need other positions added to aswell.

Jesus fucking christ on a bike i hope the powers that he dont undervalue our players as much as you do.

O Connell I would not take a penny less than 50m and that would be a straight fee let alone add ons.

Saying we don't need Fleck we have Osborn is absolutely ridiculous both completely different types of player.

Osborn whilst I love the lad and think he has been a great signing he is not on the level of Fleck in terms of goals and assists.

Back
Top Bottom