Where we're at

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

'The way he dealt with Long was cruel and bullying' really?!

It would have been cruel to leave him in the side, cruel on the player and on us. All Wilder has done is taken him out of the pressure cooker and told him to get his head straight. This had to be acknowledged publically because every man and his dog has been saying what a liability Long is for ages.

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't I guess?

Surely signing a GK and putting him straight in the team was enough for the fans and public to see?

Surely signing a GK and putting him straight in the team was enough for the fans and public to see?
Maybe Long pissed him off during the contract negotiations, or maybe he's told him he doesn't want to be here despite signing the contract as there were no other offers? Could be a myriad of reasons; I think there's a few things you could have a pop at Wilder at - this one seems relatively small fry.

Perhaps but it's not as if CW hadn't backed George to the hilt by a) giving him a new contract and b) refusing to criticise him in public up until the point where he simply couldn't brush over it anymore.

As Rodders has said, George may have annoyed him somehow or maybe he thinks the soft approach isn't working so balls to it, time for tough love. He needs to sort himself out or get out.

Folk are quick to criticise the goalkeeping coaches at the club but maybe the problems (or bulk of them) lie with the player?

Who knows, but I don't think any of us should get too sentimental over this. We all wanted George to do well and maybe he will in the future, here or elsewhere but right now he isn't what we need.

Has Long stopped getting paid? Has he been told to empty his locker and bugger off? Has he been told to train with the under 12's? Has he been humiliated in public by Wilder?

Or has he simply been replaced in the team after four dreadful performances?

PS Pep Guardiola has just done exactly the same but as he's a top Premier manager you imply that it all OK.

Only been humiliated by booing and mickey taking clapping by his own fans.
Ide want to leave . Wilder dropped him because he cost us games . Long is a proffesional and accepts all that goes with it. But those fans? Poor very Poor.
Pleyers deserve better than that.....Fans have set new low levels .

I think he's referring to CW's comments in this article.
http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk...ve-if-he-wants-to-says-chris-wilder-1-8081267

No need for the comments for me. Long knows he's been shit, he knows he's been replaced and is now 2nd in line. Why does he need to publically state he can leave?

I'm not sure if the pressure of the job has got to Wilder after just 4 games!?! Rumours circulating about him wanting shut of Sharp too, I think he's losing the plot a bit.
I'm guessing he was asked about George's future by the journalist doing the interview so he had the choice of telling the truth or saying some shit about United together, geese and diamonds.

We wanted a straight talking no bullshit manager and now we've got one he's a bully.

There are many problems to face moving forwards but one of the biggest now is how the fuck do you persuade decent players to join when there is such turmoil both on and off the pitch?

And not just players we want to sign. There's a reason why PL teams loan their younger players out (such as the outstanding 18 year old Tammy Abrahams on loan from Chelsea to Bristol City). It's so they can develop as players and professionals at clubs who do things right. Who'd loan a player to our on-going circus?

And not just players we want to sign. There's a reason why PL teams loan their younger players out (such as the outstanding 18 year old Tammy Abrahams on loan from Chelsea to Bristol City). It's so they can develop as players and professionals at clubs who do things right. Who'd loan a player to our on-going circus?

Premier league Middlesbrough?

This picture from that article looks weird...it looks like Long has got a forearm for a shin...:confused::confused::confused:
image.jpg

If we sell him, it's going to cost the buyers an arm and an arm!

Talk of managers "bullying" players again... Christ we were desperate for a guy who wasn't giving the thumbs up to lack of effort or quality (Adkins, Weir..) but as soon as we bring in somebody who takes little to no shit from professional footballers some take it as bullying?! Remember Clough getting slaughtered on here for "bullying" Collins, Butler and Diego to name just a few.. And we saw how right we were didn't we... Now Wilder gets rid of one of the problems on the pitch and he STILL must be criticised for it. George is a big boy now if he doesn't have he required quality (evidently) or the character to fight back from such criticism then Wilder's completely and utterly correct to freeze him from the squad.

Because he was 5th and if we won our games in hand would have been 2nd. Just not good enough.

It was popular at the time, but in hindsight, the sacking of Danny Wilson was one of the worst decisions we've made since relegation. Even if we didn't make the autos, I doubt we'd have surrendered so meekly to Yeovil in the play off semi under DW

It was popular at the time, but in hindsight, the sacking of Danny Wilson was one of the worst decisions we've made since relegation. Even if we didn't make the autos, I doubt we'd have surrendered so meekly to Yeovil in the play off semi under DW
Employing him in the first place was a worse decision. His CV indicated the job was beyond him and he was too associated with the pigs. As soon as it went wrong a large section of the fans turned against him. He was never going to be given time by our support.
He did better and lasted longer than I expected.

Back
Top Bottom