When are the players going to be held accountable?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
People are paying good money week in week out to see us conceding 5's and 8's at HOME?

I think its time to make the players realise just what effect this has on the working people of Sheffield (and those that travel from further afield to watch us), its fine for these footballers to pick up a 30 grand a week wage regardless of the score, but for us fans, a family of four to go to one football match is going on £200+. When you pair this with the cost of living, and the minimum wage being so poor in comparison to a footballers wage, Its unacceptable.

Time to get the players to pay the refunds, maybe they'll start to realise this is not acceptable to expect fans to come and watch this tripe.

It’s a good point the players are feeling sorry for themselves but they‘re very well paid the average support has a right to feel hard done to as we’re paying to be entertained

If Wilder doesn’t come out and say Holgate will be training on his own and not playing for the rest of the season then there’s summat wrong.

There was a massive talent gap between their players and ours today and apart from 2 or 3 players we didn’t try hard enough to bridge the gap through effort.

People are paying good money week in week out to see us conceding 5's and 8's at HOME?
Why would you do that if you are a so-called Blade? That is shameful. I turned the TV off in disgust at 4-0 and did the hoovering instead, which makes me a far bigger Blade than the wannabes who paid for the enjoyment and were still hanging around to be pleasured by the 5th.

In all of my time watching United, this side is down there with the side that got relegated from the Championship in 2010/11, under 4 different managers, for being utterly lacking in fight, heart and pride.

And, i saw the side that was relegated to Division 4 in 1980/81. That side was undoubtedly weak and cowardly away from home, but didn’t consistently roll over and die at the Lane like this one does. In fact, the home record in a relegation season was more akin to promotion form.

I agree, how can a player go into a challenge with his foot that high within 15 minutes of the game starting and not be held responsible. I’m indifferent on Wilders appointment but no one can manage a team when you have idiots self sabotaging us. Fair enough we lack “quality” but fuck me they get paid enough to at least not make brain dead decisions and put a bit of effort in. There’s no thought or care with what they do, on paper we should at least be competitive to stay up if you think of the players we’ve got who are some of the best in the championship. They won’t give a fuck when they get 30k a week and know if we go down they’ll move on and if not they can sit on a big wage packet. Footballs gone for me, it’s wrong in all areas of the game from the officials, to state owned clubs, to var, to the media, it’s ridiculous and no one can compete with the big boys. Wank

The fans are far too passively accepting of it. So that's partly to blame

It's difficult though. We know that most are out of their depth. But I'm not sure they're bad enough to excuse this many humiliations

I think its time to make the players realise just what effect this has on the working people of Sheffield (and those that travel from further afield to watch us), its fine for these footballers to pick up a 30 grand a week wage regardless of the score, but for us fans, a family of four to go to one football match is going on £200+. When you pair this with the cost of living, and the minimum wage being so poor in comparison to a footballers wage, Its unacceptable.

Time to get the players to pay the refunds, maybe they'll start to realise this is not acceptable to expect fans to come and watch this tripe.
I'd start by fining Holgate 2 months wages for giving Brighton the game.

He was miles favourite to win the bastard ball. How on earth he misses it and catches him on his plum end in inexcusable! That back line is the worst I’ve ever seen at the lane and it just so happens to be when we are in the prem. throw the towel in!!

I agree, how can a player go into a challenge with his foot that high within 15 minutes of the game starting and not be held responsible. I’m indifferent on Wilders appointment but no one can manage a team when you have idiots self sabotaging us. Fair enough we lack “quality” but fuck me they get paid enough to at least not make brain dead decisions and put a bit of effort in. There’s no thought or care with what they do, on paper we should at least be competitive to stay up if you think of the players we’ve got who are some of the best in the championship. They won’t give a fuck when they get 30k a week and know if we go down they’ll move on and if not they can sit on a big wage packet. Footballs gone for me, it’s wrong in all areas of the game from the officials, to state owned clubs, to var, to the media, it’s ridiculous and no one can compete with the big boys. Wank
He had so little to gain going in so strongly. He must be thick.

Put in a ridiculously out of control challenge for his booking at Luton last week too.

You can see why Everton are ok to bomb him out. He hasn’t got the temperament.

Players can only deliver to their ability. It’s the pillocks who get paid a fortune to tell them how to do it who are at at fault

Does anyone actually believe or argue any of our players are good enough? Don’t we pretty much say the same things every week? What type of accountability are you after?

The players are nowhere near good enough. Watching Brighton and Villa in the last two games, it's like they are playing a different sport but the lack of effort and way we are rolling over is simply unacceptable.

The chairman and managers x 2 are rightly being criticised but the players really should be ashamed at the lack of pride they are showing.

I am astonished there has not been a 'youre not fit to wear the shirt' chant. The way they are simply falling apart as teams literally take the p*ss must hurt them but most just seem to shrug, troop off and do the same the next week.

Maybe fans are just apathetic and many are leaving in their droves anyway? I do wonder if it will hit season ticket sales quite a bit. Normally theres a drop off when we go down to around 25/26k but wonder if it may be early 20k's next season?

Anel is so wank and doesn't give a fuck. Just release him, not worth a penny.

The pathetic wankers don’t deserve our support.

There’s not being good enough and then theres just turning it in the moment we concede. Not an ounce of pride out there.

There’s only 3 players out there I ever want to see pull on a shirt for us ever again and one of them isnt even ours.

To a man, they can all go and get fucked, I’m finished with them. They are a fucking disgrace.

Ok Arsenal, we don’t want to put you through it in the second half so let’s just call it an honourable draw now. 😂

Thing is can't help feel that as a club consensus.
Fans, players, coaches and management we all know deep down this isn't a well assembled squad filled with even a bit of relevant quality at present for this division.

We all know it sadly which is why there is the apathy instead of anger.

The only one who doesn't (or didn't think it earlier in the season) is our glorious owner. I remember the interview he did with blades way where he reckoned we would have a good season after the window shuts.
At that point I don't think we had signed Archer or McAtee!

Anel is so wank and doesn't give a fuck. Just release him, not worth a penny.
He isn't. BUT I saw his expression leading us out tonight I thought this lad just looks worried. You wonder if that was the case.

He isn't. BUT I saw his expression leading us out tonight I thought this lad just looks worried. You wonder if that was the case.

If the captain is worried, theres no fucking hope.

They will be accountable when they are all let go at the end of the season and the crocks who never contribute can finally be told to f..ck off.

If the captain is worried, theres no fucking hope.
He’s the most pathetic captain I’ve ever seen. Never has a player been less deserving of wearing the armband.

One of the worst performers of the season and clearly doesn’t give a fuck.

Bloke couldnt inspire me to get up and go for a piss.

Thing is can't help feel that as a club consensus.
Fans, players, coaches and management we all know deep down this isn't a well assembled squad filled with even a bit of relevant quality at present for this division.

We all know it sadly which is why there is the apathy instead of anger.

The only one who doesn't (or didn't think it earlier in the season) is our glorious owner. I remember the interview he did with blades way where he reckoned we would have a good season after the window shuts.
At that point I don't think we had signed Archer or McAtee!
Don't worry Archer will tear defences a new one next season

Back
Top Bottom