What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not blades related but Ronnie Jepson, Warnocks assistant at Huddersfield was stood behind me at the cash machine in Hudds yesterday.

Didn’t say owt to him, the cash machine didn’t have any cash so we both went elsewhere.

Sufficiently shit story for this thread

I know this only appears to be me but Anel came into United and for half a dozen games looked every inch a Premier League player, then he drifted off that standard don't get me wrong he's still good but he's been at this level for a while now.
He had glandular fever didn’t he. Takes a lot of getting over, probably still not completely back to where he was beforehand.

He was on the Blades books once in the early sixties, so just to say I saw Howard Wilkinson last week in Tesco on Ecclesall Road at the self checkout area. Think he was buying some milk.

He was on the Blades books once in the early sixties, so just to say I saw Howard Wilkinson last week in Tesco on Ecclesall Road at the self checkout area. Think he was buying some milk.
Red, green, blue or gold top?

I know this only appears to be me but Anel came into United and for half a dozen games looked every inch a Premier League player, then he drifted off that standard don't get me wrong he's still good but he's been at this level for a while now.
Correct.

Can I just say the Tesco on Archer Rd has been a hotbed for dull anecdotes…. The latest being saw George Baldock in a tracky, leaning on a small trolley at the end of an aisle, on his mobile phone, looking bored shitless, whilst a female he was with was ferreting up and down the aisles collecting shopping for his trolley…

He’s a regular at Archer Rd Tesco. Must have shares in em. Bet he was wearing a cap, he always seems to.

Not a Utd player, but a Utd mannequin. Was in a sports bar in Porto for the spurs game and saw this guy. Don't know if the Pittsburgh Penguins top is coincidental or some sort of steel city tie up. Anyone on here lay claim to the hat?

Attachments

• 20230917_153419.jpg
    20230917_153419.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
When I was about 7, a mate's Dad had a connection to S6 and used to offer digs at their family home to some of the oinkers new signings.

Mate's Dad - ' Hi young PB, this is Eric Potts, do you want his autograph?'
Me - 'No.'

Eric looked crestfallen.

Just got some petrol on Abbeydale Road and George Baldock was at the pump to the side of me. A woman in the car infront of his apologised for inadvertently pushing in thinking he was in the queue for the other side. Baldock took it in his stride, assuring her it wasn't a problem. His girlfriend/wife (I assume) was in the passenger seat staring at her phone oblivious to what was going on.

Just got some petrol on Abbeydale Road and George Baldock was at the pump to the side of me. A woman in the car infront of his apologised for inadvertently pushing in thinking he was in the queue for the other side. Baldock took it in his stride, assuring her it wasn't a problem. His girlfriend/wife (I assume) was in the passenger seat staring at her phone oblivious to what was going on.

Damn phones! Think what we miss. She could have dined out for free for many years on the misunderstanding at the petrol station story . 🤷‍♂️

Why on earth would George want to go to Athens when his lifestyle here is so vibrant, fulfilling and exciting?

This reminds me of the time I saw Wes Brown at a petrol station in Manchester during my uni days. He was very young at the time and had an Audi RS3 and was wearing some really baggy cargo pants and a tight woolly jumper.

Dean Windass in a Sainsbury's car park. Supposed to be living back at his mums. Told someone he'd won £5k on the horses after getting a tip from Michael Owen, but that's likely to be bs.

Saw Danny Wilson with his wife in Bakewell a few weekends ago. He was walking over the bridge back to the carpark, and gave me a little smile and nod as we had the same trainers on.

New Balance 327's for those interested.

Back
Top Bottom