What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Another Baldock story. I was having Sunday lunch at the Tickled Trout. I was on the table next to George and his girlfriend, who was also having Sunday lunch, I kept glancing at him eating his lunch like an absolute weirdo. 😂
Love the Tickled Trout me.

This is exactly the level of dull we're looking for too. Top job.

Another Baldock story. I was having Sunday lunch at the Tickled Trout. I was on the table next to George and his girlfriend, who was also having Sunday lunch, I kept glancing at him eating his lunch like an absolute weirdo. 😂
What was he eating?

Dean Windass in a Sainsbury's car park. Supposed to be living back at his mums. Told someone he'd won £5k on the horses after getting a tip from Michael Owen, but that's likely to be bs.
Back on the G’ville? Handy for work for him 😉

Saw who I thought was a spitting image of Paddy Kenny in Halfords buying windscreen wipers at Canklow. Stared at him like a man with a fetish for replacement parts when he was paying trying to work him out. The guy looked at me, winked at me and wandered off. Saw him getting into a lovely new Range Rover with the number plate "P4DDY" in the car park.

Saw who I thought was a spitting image of Paddy Kenny in Halfords buying windscreen wipers at Canklow. Stared at him like a man with a fetish for replacement parts when he was paying trying to work him out. The guy looked at me, winked at me and wandered off. Saw him getting into a lovely new Range Rover with the number plate "P4DDY" in the car park.

That's quite a coincidence. Imagine not only looking like Paddy but having a Paddyesque number plate too!

I sat on the next table to (at the time Boro) goalkeeper Brad Jones in a restaurant in Middlesbrough on New Years Day after the match. Boro had beaten us 3-1 at the Riverside, but he was sub. Both he and I had a parmo.
How’s that for mundane!

A kind of non-mundane one that I have. I was on a treadmill in our community gym in Doha. Xavi got on the one next to me. I got off a sweaty mess some time later and he’s hardly out of breath and going faster than me.

That reminds me.
I was in James Cycles in Rotherham 8 or 9 years ago.
I was 2nd in the queue at the till minding my own business. The bloke in front of me was either ordering or picking summat up. Gave the bloke behind the till his surname & a few minutes later went on his way.
As he turned round, he looked at me, nodded and walked out, leaving me to think ‘do I know that bloke’?
Surname was Whitehouse.
Yep. THAT Whitehouse.

Back on the G’ville? Handy for work for him 😉
Yep, I saw him in Hessle...I think he's back in that neck of the woods..If he's back at mars his life must have hit the buffers, sadly..But who knows.

Replying to my own message because I have no idea why I called him George as though we’re on personal terms 😂😂. He probably thought why’s that weirdo with gravy dripping onto his beard looking at me

My dad once nearly ran over Jan Aage ... he was crossing the road opposite the Kop/John Street corner and didnt look. Dad slammed on, was about to give him full verbals then realised it was him and just said "Alright Jan"

Bumped into the entire Preston North End squad whilst in a night club at uni in 2001 I think - Brown was manager and Cresswell were playing for them. They were celebrating play-offs? Called Cresswell a Wendy twat and he just smiled at me....

Often bump into Jamie Carragher where I live as his brother is involved in the renovation of a local running club athletics track. Just usually say "Hi Jamie".

My dad once nearly ran over Jan Aage ... he was crossing the road opposite the Kop/John Street corner and didnt look. Dad slammed on, was about to give him full verbals then realised it was him and just said "Alright Jan"

Bumped into the entire Preston North End squad whilst in a night club at uni in 2001 I think - Brown was manager and Cresswell were playing for them. They were celebrating play-offs? Called Cresswell a Wendy twat and he just smiled at me....

Often bump into Jamie Carragher where I live as his brother is involved in the renovation of a local running club athletics track. Just usually say "Hi Jamie".
Anyone who frequented the Withy Trees pub in Preston in the 1990s could generally see quite a few of the PNE squad in there every Saturday after a home game in about the time it took to grab a shower, put some shit Top Man suit on and get a taxi down Watling Street Road. (them not me!)

Saw Joe Kinnear going to play squash once at a local school.
No I didn't. It was Gerry Francis. No idea what I was thinking with this.

Worked in a hotel and the Leeds side would stay a lot of the time when playing down south. David Prutton liked muesli for breakfast regularly and would go for seconds at the buffet.

Sat next to Neville Southall in about 2003 at a non league game. Had no idea who he was due go the size of him.

In Zanzebars (Chesterfield) yonks ago & saw Curtis Woodhouse out with a couple of his pals, went over to say hi (as you do) then whilst having a slurp it went down the wrong hole & I was practically choking ....... ( Curtis was laughing his nads off)

About 40 years ago, we were walking down Limb Valley, when Steve Charles came the other way. We didn’t speak. By remarkable coincidence, last year we were walking in Whitely Woods, when Sander Berge came the other way. Again, we did not speak. But I did notice that Sander Berge is a lot taller than Steve Charles. I have never seen that mentioned by anyone before.

Love the Tickled Trout me.

This is exactly the level of dull we're looking for too. Top job.
It’s the lack of eventual engagement which tops it off.

Promising build up and then end in just the right level of disappointment 😉

Bit like supporting a certain team of ours!

About 40 years ago, we were walking down Limb Valley, when Steve Charles came the other way. We didn’t speak. By remarkable coincidence, last year we were walking in Whitely Woods, when Sander Berge came the other way. Again, we did not speak. But I did notice that Sander Berge is a lot taller than Steve Charles. I have never seen that mentioned by anyone before.
Remember as a kid, must have been around 8 or 9 meeting Steve Charles in the boundary hotel in scarborough, He saw my united shirt and came and spoke to us

Not sure if I've mentioned it already, but I was good mates with Drew Surman in my teenage years up until his involvement with the Southampton youth team became serious.

If that's not dull enough, I've just found out my new manager used to work with his dad when the family moved from South Africa, and he sat on a desk next to him.

been unfortunate to have a few drinks with ex chesterfield striker Steve Norris, One of the conspiracy nuts

Back
Top Bottom