What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That reminds me.
I was in James Cycles in Rotherham 8 or 9 years ago.
I was 2nd in the queue at the till minding my own business. The bloke in front of me was either ordering or picking summat up. Gave the bloke behind the till his surname & a few minutes later went on his way.
As he turned round, he looked at me, nodded and walked out, leaving me to think ‘do I know that bloke’?
Surname was Whitehouse.
Yep. THAT Whitehouse.
Wow! Paul Whitehouse is a cyclist.

Whilst finishing off my first pint of the evening, in a bar in Malia, Crete, I noticed Petr Katchouro, walking up the main street, flanked by his wife and another woman.

Momentarily, I felt compelled to rush into the road and shake the enigmatic striker's hand, but, instead, gathered myself together and went to the bar for more Amstel.

been unfortunate to have a few drinks with ex chesterfield striker Steve Norris, One of the conspiracy nuts
Proper bellend, his son was in my sisters year at school, he was actually ok.

I’ve seen Steve Norris give it the “do you know who I am?” routine and got a bit aggressive when the person didn’t have the foggiest.

Whilst on the subject of ex-Chesterfield crap players who think they’re amazing. Mark Williams was with Lindsey Dawn-Mackenzie but came to Chesterfield regularly for a roll around with my mate’s older sister. I remember him pulling up in an SL55 once and having awkward conversation with us lot (all around 15/16) before she came to the door. She’d been through half of the Chesterfield team though.

I saw Paul Warne at Tesco express at Brecks in Rotherham a few months before he went to Derby.
I followed him in after he had put some fuel in his car. I stalked him briefly round a couple of aisles as he stopped to muse around the soft drinks area I left him to it.
He seemed blissfully unaware of my short surveillance. I don’t know if he bought anything in addition to his fuel which I assume he paid for.
I do recall that he smelt fresh even from a distance.

Saw Brian Deane in a toyshop in Harrogate this afternoon.

Thought about saying ‘Up The Blades’. Bottled it. Bought my daughter a Peppa Pig car instead and she’s been home an hour and is already bored.

Thought about saying ‘Up The Blades’. Bottled it. Bought my daughter a Peppa Pig car instead and she’s been home an hour and is already bored.
Should of told him to come home to Bramall Lane, I’m sure he can still do a good job against Chelsea

He's very approachable. You should have done. Not that Cerberus blade would have approved.

I saw Paul Warne at Tesco express at Brecks in Rotherham a few months before he went to Derby.
I followed him in after he had put some fuel in his car. I stalked him briefly round a couple of aisles as he stopped to muse around the soft drinks area I left him to it.
He seemed blissfully unaware of my short surveillance. I don’t know if he bought anything in addition to his fuel which I assume he paid for.
I do recall that he smelt fresh even from a distance.
I was playing golf at Rother Valley a few years ago and the 2 guys in front of us were just teeing off. It was Warney and Scott Minto, both hit cracking drives and then jumped in a buggy - lazy gits.

As we were walking to the Lane when we played Man U at home in November 2006, the then England manager Steve McLaren walked out of a house a few doors down the road from my Mum and Dad's.

I said "look Dad it's Steve McLaren" to which he shouted down the road to him "what happened on Wednesday night?" as we'd drawn 1-1 in a dull friendly against the Netherlands

I also live round the corner from the current Chester FC manager. As I was walking from the shop on a Sunday morning with bacon and a loaf I saw him and said "good win yesterday" to which he replied "yeah we left it late"

I was on my Dad's shoulders at Bridlington when I was about five and my Dad said "Hey Son can you see Jack Charlton over there"
I saw him but I didn't know who Jack Charlton was

I was on my Dad's shoulders at Bridlington when I was about five and my Dad said "Hey Son can you see Jack Charlton over there"
I saw him but I didn't know who Jack Charlton was

You were 5 and on your dad's shoulders? Fuck me, is your dad in the WWE 😱

I once met Stephen Quinn in the club shop and went up to him and asked him for an autograph for my eldest son Ethan.

He replied in a typical thick irish accent, "how do you spell EAT-UN"?

That was it.

Back in the early "Naughties" we lived on the same estate as a number of Piggy players of that era, including Giles de Bilde (Can he fix it? No he can't) and future Blades Alan Quinn and Del Geary.
For some reason, we seemed to get most of Del Boy's Christmas cards delivered to our address. Dull enough??

I was in Harrogate yesterday but I didn't see either you or Brian Deane. Nor did I buy any Peppa Pig paraphernalia.

H'Angus the monkey burst out of his dressing room and knocked my pint out of my hand before a paint pot match in 2015.

I realise he's not a player, and it is after all a sparkling anectdote, so probably doesn't belong on this thread.

H'Angus the monkey burst out of his dressing room and knocked my pint out of my hand before a paint pot match in 2015.

I realise he's not a player, and it is after all a sparkling anectdote, so probably doesn't belong on this thread.
he was mayor of Hartlepool , so reasonably well known

Back
Top Bottom