What will they do about the big money 4 ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bennyand the Blades

Reaction score
Mousset, McBurnie,Brewster and Berge ?
If they still aren't playing them regularly when their contracts come up, will they offer them the same contract their on now ? and what happens if they expect a better one.
1/ If they think the offer is unacceptable can they do a Lundstram and leave on a free ?
2/ can we continue paying out the same wage to players who only seem to make cameo appearances ?
3/ Why should a club offer anywhere near what we paid if they expect to get the player on a free ?

What ever the outcome will be they have to start playing them all regularly now in the hope they will all at least want to play well to attract a big club when they leave.us.
As thing stand all the money they spent is just going down the river, the only one who we did play regularly we sold, and the nearer this lot get to their sell by date, as it stands the bigger the loss is going to be.
If they haven't all ready gone by the time the window closes get them all back playing in the team and lets see if we can save something out of all the money that's been spent after this seasons over, or hopefully they will all want to stay because we've won promotion.....

Mousset, McBurnie,Brewster and Berge ?
If they still aren't playing them regularly when their contracts come up, will they offer them the same contract their on now ? and what happens if they expect a better one.

No, and they'd be a free agent. Exactly the same way you would if your employer suddenly offered you half the wages you're on right now.

OK Brewster has done himself no harm today and were all hoping this is just the beginning, but are the others worth what they are on ?
judging by past performances, I don't think so, they've been here long enough now to have settled in so there's no excuse not to make their mark also..
But of course, before the others can hit any sort of form the club are going to have to play them regularly, and if they can't stand the pace or start to show their worth now at this level, What good will they be to the club in the next ?...... 😉

We need mcburnie gon ASAP, he offers absolutely nothing.
You say this but when he was fit in the first season and playing regularly he scored some really important goals. Winner vs Brighton great goal & West Ham, good header vs Leicester and equaliser vs Man Utd. The combination of him & Sharp never worked but at Swansea he played with two quick wingers around him and it complimented his game really well.

He's struggled for fitness & then had an illness but there's still a player in there 100%. Will Brewster, MGW & N'Diaye around him I think you could see a better version of McBurnie sooner rather than later

You say this but when he was fit in the first season and playing regularly he scored some really important goals. Winner vs Brighton great goal & West Ham, good header vs Leicester and equaliser vs Man Utd. The combination of him & Sharp never worked but at Swansea he played with two quick wingers around him and it complimented his game really well.

He's struggled for fitness & then had an illness but there's still a player in there 100%. Will Brewster, MGW & N'Diaye around him I think you could see a better version of McBurnie sooner rather than later
42e4150524c743cabb6a38eb74db375a.gif

As soon as Hecky realises that Sharp is best used as an impact sub, and not the 90min player that starts every week, then I think we will start to see our future forrad line, take shape.
If MGW comes back in the same form, and Brewster and Ndiaye carry on getting better, then I can see Mcburnie fitting in as the big target man type player we seem not to have......
It's looking more evident that Didzy is past his best, and the speed of the game is starting to pass him by, and Moose..... well, hes not really offering us anything is he?, just a waste of wages these past months.

I thought McBurnie made a big impression when he came on.

He managed to shoot backwards which is something I've never seen before.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
If you didn’t know who he was then you would have thought they had given a random fan off the kop a few minutes....laughable if he hadn’t cost £20m

We need mcburnie gon ASAP, he offers absolutely nothing.

People said that about Brewster about 6 weeks ago 😂😂

You give players a proper chance then slag them off

Bogle/Brewster have had pelters this season as soon as they have had a run in the team they have shown there quality

Would be nice to see Berge/Mcburnie get a long run , if they don’t do anything fair enough

Buying a player is a gamble at any time, that's for sure, but we seem to have been very unlucky when we've tried to splashed the cash, and it all came home to roost last season with a bang.,
But lets face it, we've been here before. a few times, we've always been a club that promiser much, and then falls at the last hurdle, but I suppose getting there is one thing staying there is another thing entirely,,
The most disappointing bit for me this time was that I really thought we'd cracked it........ 😢

Not at all, I think he’s a decent player in all honesty I just think he’s struggled during his time with us for consistency, fitness & game time.

Much like Brewster who we’re starting to see come good. McBurnie knows how to score in this league. He scored on average 1 in every 2 games up until he signed for us.

Sharp & McGoldrick have been woeful for weeks, but McBurnie will always get more stick. At times yesterday ‘fans’ were laughing at him yesterday, absolutely mind blowing.

Release, sell when promoted this summer, second coming of Tony Agana, sell when promoted this summer.

As soon as Hecky realises that Sharp is best used as an impact sub, and not the 90min player that starts every week, then I think we will start to see our future forrad line, take shape.
If MGW comes back in the same form, and Brewster and Ndiaye carry on getting better, then I can see Mcburnie fitting in as the big target man type player we seem not to have......
It's looking more evident that Didzy is past his best, and the speed of the game is starting to pass him by, and Moose..... well, hes not really offering us anything is he?, just a waste of wages these past months.
The club will not recoup some decent money for these players until Higgingbottom plays them. Value doesn't go up if you are not playing them. Berge rides the bench instead Norwood plays in game after game. The club won't get anything for Norwood. He should be showcasing Berge if they want to sell him you won't get a decent fee if he is stuck on the bench for the likes of Norwood and Hourihane.

The club will not recoup some decent money for these players until Higgingbottom plays them. Value doesn't go up if you are not playing them. Berge rides the bench instead Norwood plays in game after game. The club won't get anything for Norwood. He should be showcasing Berge if they want to sell him you won't get a decent fee if he is stuck on the bench for the likes of Norwood and Hourihane.
Who says they "want to sell"?
And Brewster should start every week!, and just to help you out, I also said should be used as an impact sub!
Do you actually read the whole posts, or decide on a reply after reading the first line????

And who the fuck is Higgingbottom!??

Errors every where IF they want to sell them, Hecky said post game Brewster and Ndiaye are not fit and that is the reason they can't do 90 minutes.

Brewster ‘s obviously had some serious coaching as to how to improve his game .

This has been clear in his last two games when his movement , positional play and work rate have been noticeably improved . I’m thinking Jack Lester will have had a big part to play .
Strange isn’t it that he came from one of the best teams in the world and looked like a rabbit in headlights at times, completely lost

Errors every where IF they want to sell them, Hecky said post game Brewster and Ndiaye are not fit and that is the reason they can't do 90 minutes.
So wouldn't that be where someone such as Sharp, being an impact sub, might be the way??

Not at all, I think he’s a decent player in all honesty I just think he’s struggled during his time with us for consistency, fitness & game time.

Much like Brewster who we’re starting to see come good. McBurnie knows how to score in this league. He scored on average 1 in every 2 games up until he signed for us.

Sharp & McGoldrick have been woeful for weeks, but McBurnie will always get more stick. At times yesterday ‘fans’ were laughing at him yesterday, absolutely mind blowing.
It's disingenuous to compare Mcburnie and Brewster as he's had 18 months longer to show us what he can do compared to Brewster. Thankfully Brewster appears to be improving whereas Mcburnie continues to disappoint when he's available to play. Sharp and Mcgoldrick may well be woeful in your opinion but at least they're both regularly available for selection.

I'll put my cards on the table - I like McBurnie. He's been unlucky this season as he was recovering from a bad injury to his ankle and then by all accounts he's suffered a serious case of covid. I think some people confuse his absence with Moose's (an apparent lack of interest/ability to keep fit). He put himself about well yesterday when he came on and think he's got a role to play for the rest of the season (especially considering the dip in form of Sharp and McGoldrick).

The problem for me is how to fit in Brewster, McBurnie, MGW and Ndiaye into the same team without changing formation. I don't think that's possible

These players are all ok, just because United can't get the best out of them because they continue to act like "United" isn't their fault.

Other clubs have a certain way of playing and look to bring players in that will fit into this method.

United don't have a set method of playing, they never have had.
Players are brought in as "Different options"
Different options to what?

We only need an injury to one player and the whole lot goes tits up because his replacement (The different option) will be completely alien to what normally happens on the pitch.

I'll put my cards on the table - I like McBurnie. He's been unlucky this season as he was recovering from a bad injury to his ankle and then by all accounts he's suffered a serious case of covid. I think some people confuse his absence with Moose's (an apparent lack of interest/ability to keep fit). He put himself about well yesterday when he came on and think he's got a role to play for the rest of the season (especially considering the dip in form of Sharp and McGoldrick).

The problem for me is how to fit in Brewster, McBurnie, MGW and Ndiaye into the same team without changing formation. I don't think that's possible
I think its totally possible, but may involve rotation and time.
Mcburnie is just getting back to fitness, Brewster and Ndiaye are not fit enough for 90 mins, and Billy is getting on a bit, so it's the ideal time to start building and getting our future attacking threat sorted.

United have almost always had a set method of playing - try hard, it's why so many poplular former players were a bit shit are looked back on fondly because at least they were doing the best they could. Berge, Mousset and McBurnie don't give that impression, Brewster last season didn't either. McGoldrick against Preston didn't put any effort in, but had built up years of goodwill from previous seasons that gets him a little bit of leeway that McBurnie doesn't have which is why he gets stick that Sharp and McGoldrick don't.

If any of them start to put in good performances like Brewster has they could get the fans back on side, Moose has actually been OK when he's played this season but isn't fit often enough, while McBurnie is available even less often and contributes nothing when he does get on the pitch. Berge's lethargic style automatically goes against him as even when he's doing well it looks effortless, but being even more nesh at tackling than the rest of our midfield doesn't do himself any favours.

Back
Top Bottom