What a steal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McBurnie, Berge and Brewster should all at least hit the target if not score. Piroe for them fluffed two real chances then they have that fortunate chance from Wes’ clearance. Draw fair result IMO but I wouldn’t have felt hard done to losing it.. just like I don’t feel like we’ve robbed them.

UTB

I don’t think that was a steal,it was a very even game but we had the extra will to go on and win it.I have been bleating on about the need to win a good number of away games to get automatic promotion,tonight is exactly the way to do it.A professional performance and an excellent winning goal,our challengers just dont have the quality of Brewster and Khadra to go and make the difference.

The neutral Talksport 2 commentary said at the final Swansea will feel gutted as they deserved a point.
They basically said a draw would have been fair with both teams having chances to win it.

They also commented that many refs would have probably given a foul
but mentioned that it didn't help at Naughton was too busy looking at Brewster and not watching the ball.
So they said that one could argue that it was just a case of Brewster being stronger.

Think last season that's classed as a foul, as any kind of physical contact was deemed a foul
but this season the new directive encourages more physical play...hence the ref thought it OK under the current rules.

Last edited:
The neutral Talksport 2 commentary said Swansea will feel gutted as they deserved a point.
They basically said a draw would have been fair with both teams having chances to win it.
And they were right. We smash and grabbed a scrappy game which hardly ever happens for us. I know it’s early but that kind of result (IMO) points to promotion.

Think last season that's classed as a foul, as any kind of physical contact was deemed a foul
but this season the new directive encourages more physical play...hence the ref thought it OK under the current rules.

The earlier grapple with Brewster was more physical than that and the ref gave nowt.

Hardly akin to a backs to the walls job in the prem and putting away a last ditch half-chance. Two decent sides having a go from the off, both enjoying the better in spells. Stats actually show we edged it on chances. A draw or a 1 nil either way would've been a pretty fair outcome. How can anyone consider it a smash and fckin grab 😄

we kept. pushing in the 94th minute and they stopped . was surprised Naughton fell over so easily letting brewster in
they are masters of their own defeat

The neutral Talksport 2 commentary said at the final Swansea will feel gutted as they deserved a point.

They also commented that many refs would have probably given a foul
but mentioned that it didn't help at Naughton was too busy looking at Brewster and not watching the ball.
So they said that one could argue that it was just a case of Brewster being stronger.

I don’t think that’s given as a foul very often. as a defender if you try and use your body instead of playing the ball, you run the risk of being shrugged off. Just beaten to it by a better player.

Can see how it’s given, but it would have been a real travesty. None of their players seemed to think it was a foul either.

I don’t think that’s given as a foul very often. as a defender if you try and use your body instead of playing the ball, you run the risk of being shrugged off. Just beaten to it by a better player.

Can see how it’s given, but it would have been a real travesty. None of their players seemed to think it was a foul either.
In a different game this season, a similar incident will occur and be given as a foul. Both for and against us.

I think defenders think just throw themselves to the ground in the belief the ref will give the foul, given the attacking opportunity it presents.

My favourite one of these ‘fouls’ is the full back in his own corner falling over the ball as the opposing player gets close.

Infuriating as fuck, so glad the ref saw through it tonight

Never a foul on Naughton. If you watch him closely, he is watching Brewster and knows he is going to get done for speed, do deliberately steps across Brewster to try and block him off. Brewdog changes trajectory and moves across him and runs inside him, and Naughton knows he's been done and falls over feighning injury. There was bugger all contact really. Naughton was trying to play the professional defender and was done all ends up. Great pace and play by Brewdog and a lovely well worked goal. Any Swansea fan or manager complaining about our winning goal can kiss my arse. Great goal and all above board.

When I saw it live I thought it was a foul by Brewster on Naughton, but when you see that angle from behind the goal Naughton tries to run across Brewster to obstruct him but then falls over, the ref got it spot on.

In my defence I was watching it live on Sky Red button which is like trying to watch a game through a Stained glass window that hasn’t been cleaned since 1793.

When I saw it live I thought it was a foul by Brewster on Naughton, but when you see that angle from behind the goal Naughton tries to run across Brewster to obstruct him but then falls over, the ref got it spot on.

In my defence I was watching it live on Sky Red button which is like trying to watch a game through a Stained glass window that hasn’t been cleaned since 1793.
Didn't even have a scoreboard on, cunts.

Back
Top Bottom