What a load of f'ing shit.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a red under the current rules. It was reckless and very dangerous and he wasn't in control.

If you don't think it's a red, read the rules.

Serious foul play

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Well in that case one of theirs (Dunk?) should have gone for that tackle on Burke when he was running through

Sorry I didn't realise the pundits was always right fancy pundits ever disagreeing with each other, how can that happen when they are 100 percent right all the time. Thanks for the little insult as well pal obviously not mature enough to have a normal conversation so let's just leave it at that 👍
Doesn't go over the ball follows through but not over the ball. But let's just forget about it because your not capable of a conversation you have to go for the insults maybe you shouldn't be part of a forum where people have different views pal.
Mate, it’s just a red.

do I think it should be a red? Actually yes I do, as it’s a dangerous tackle out of control. However, I can definitely see an argument as to why people don’t think those tackles should deserve a red.

but glance at the rules, it’s a red. Furthermore, Lundstram knows that going into the tackle and that situation. Idiotic.

To be fair since about a year ago he's been poor, cost us points missing penalty and good chances. He's very athletic... but beyond that can't see what anyone see's in him the last year.

The whole team has been poor not just him. Fleck has cost us a lot more points than lunny. Yes he missed a penalty but on occasions pros do miss penalties not that I'm saying it was a good penalty or what ever but that does happen.

It's a red under the current rules. It was reckless and very dangerous and he wasn't in control.

If you don't think it's a red, read the rules.

Serious foul play

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."
Agree

yes, you're right. They're in there for the right reasons (to safeguard against nasty injuries) but they're too much. It would have been a strong yellow a couple of years ago.
People who know football, know the difference between a good honest challenge and a malicious one with intent to harm.

Unfortunately officials and rule makers don't.

I think Lundstram might be thick.
No need to run the risk of a red there - could have won the ball without the follow through.
Add that to the stupid lob attempt and I’ve come to the conclusion he might be a simpleton
How would you put it to the test?

Personaly I would not of given a free kick as he got ball but you see yellows for that tackle in football very very rare you see a red well its softest one I have seen for a long time

The whole team has been poor not just him. Fleck has cost us a lot more points than lunny. Yes he missed a penalty but on occasions pros do miss penalties not that I'm saying it was a good penalty or what ever but that does happen.

True but it wasn't just the penalty... agree about Fleck as well since he came back from that injury around first lockdown he's been awful. Also Stevens... For me that's been our big problem that players who had been consistently great for 2-3 seasons have dropped off a cliff form wise.

DCDFEAC3-AB0B-47E5-B6EA-8D552269E77B.jpeg
I'm expecting a red against us for this. Just my opinion but he didn't need to do it at all.

I appreciate there’s differences of opinion but my take is he isn’t out of control Lundstram’s foot goes exactly where he wants it to go he wins the initial ball cleanly the ball then hits the Brighton player and bounces around going underneath Lundstram’s leading foot causing Lundstram’s foot to move slightly up and make contact with the ankle. Lundstram wins the the initial challenge though before the Brighton player even arrives the Brighton player is late and that’s what causes to contact on the follow through.

I'm expecting a red against us for this. Just my opinion but he didn't need to do it at all.
That’s part of the problem for me though. A still image like that or a slowed down version almost always makes a challenge look worse than it is.

Whether you think it’s a red card or not, the referee should only get to see the challenge again at full speed. If at that point after seeing it again he decides it’s a red card then fair enough. It’s not just this incident but I think the constant analysis of tackles and incidents in a game is contributing to the threshold for a red card getting lower and lower all the time.

That’s part of the problem for me though. A still image like that or a slowed down version almost always makes a challenge look worse than it is.

Whether you think it’s a red card or not, the referee should only get to see the challenge again at full speed. If at that point after seeing it again he decides it’s a red card then fair enough. It’s not just this incident but I think the constant analysis of tackles and incidents in a game is contributing to the threshold for a red card getting lower and lower all the time.
Yes completely agree

Actually I was. So don’t just make stuff up. I have always stood by that he had a good little run and it has cost us big time long term.

it’s a red. And to say it isn’t mean you don’t know the rules.
What utter toss. Watch it again. Unless of course you are closet big 6 fan. Would never have been given against them oh no....

If it was or wasnt a red isn’t the issue that’s pissing me off. It’s his saunter off the pitch that’s fucked me off. Chewing his gum with the “I’m out of here anyway next month” expression on his boat race. Fuck off.

In cockney rhyming slang you dont show the rhyme doh! Otherwise what is the point if it.

The tackle wasn't over the top. It was on the upper foot/lower ankle. Consistent with almost every foul in every game. The tackle was also one footed; Lundstram's left foot never goes near the opponent. VAR is supposed to eliminate emotional decisions and make the officials analyse clinically. That wasn't what we witnessed there.
It was also with the side of the foot. Never a red and in my book not even a foul. Just a heavy challenge. Otherwise lets play pussy footbll. Lunny gets the ball first his touch is not great the ball hits the opponent and they come together end of .

I appreciate there’s differences of opinion but my take is he isn’t out of control Lundstram’s foot goes exactly where he wants it to go he wins the initial ball cleanly the ball then hits the Brighton player and bounces around going underneath Lundstram’s leading foot causing Lundstram’s foot to move slightly up and make contact with the ankle. Lundstram wins the the initial challenge though before the Brighton player even arrives the Brighton player is late and that’s what causes to contact on the follow through.

The most sensible analysis to date. Obviously you've watched it.

Some people need to realise it’s not the 1990s you can’t fly in like that anymore.

I dont mind that, but of course if it is committed by any of the big 6 the rules err dont count. That's what I do mind.

If you win a 50:50 like that - which Lunny did, then you are deemed to have committed a foul nowadays.
There is no point in trying to get there first because you end up in trouble.
How can it be that you are better off deliberately not trying to win the tackle so that you win a foul and maybe get the other player carded?

And the mobbing of that weak ref by their players was a disgrace and didn't help, nor did the reaction of the crowd - how nice for them to have a crowd to get behind them.

A pathetic decision made worse by some twat watching slo-mo's in a studio somewhere.

Was a heavy touch that put him in that situation but the ball was between both players and both went in for it lunny was in the better position and won the ball never a red in a million years catches him on the follow through but that can't be stopped when the momentum is carrying him. Shocking decision the yellow was fair all day long.
Roy Keane thought it was a red card !!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom