Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 26th Oct 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WHU
WHU
WHU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent result and performance on Monday against Arsenal it's time to take on London opposition once again this afternoon. This time with the trip to West Ham. After good early season form, they seem to have lost their way somewhat, particular in the last 2 league games, where they have apparently been poor. However they have a very talented squad, and an excellent manager. Question is whether they'll be up for it as much as our lads where confidence is high, and perhaps increasing. Very difficult match to predict, but their fans don't seem overly confident....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Presumably we go with what started against Arsenal?

But we do need the same options again from the the bench IMO.

I'm thinking if we match the intensity of Monday's performance we should be able to get a positive result. However can that been done to the same level so relatively soon. Knowing CW, I think so, but this is no easy game. If we score, I think it will be Mousset. But I have a feeling our defence will lead the way in this game as it were, and secure a somewhat drab 0-0. That'd do for me, and we remain unbeaten away.

Safe journey all.

UTB

That'll do me :)

Seventh place at the mo innit?

I'll take a point. We were attrocious first half.

Lunny good game, Henderson great, Moose great cameo, Besic half decent cameo.

Fleck quiet compared to Monday but much better second half, as was everyone else really.

Norwood was poor.

Robinson on was like playing with 10 men most of the time, seriously needs a kick up the arse.

Happy with the point, kept the away record going but got away with one today really.

Good point. Sloppy performance at times but the conditions play a hand in that. Lots of mistakes and they looked leggy at times. Missed chances, but so did they. We gave them far too much respect first half. Let them have the ball outside our box. Better in the second. Fair result.

Time wasting from a corner at 1:1 takes a little bit of swallowing though. We scored from a corner on Monday. They hardly dealt with ours well today.

Putting it another way 5 points off a Champions League Place ;)

Happy with the point, kept the away record going but got away with one today really.

On a positive note West Ham got away with it as McGoldrick should have got 1 and Baldock could have had 2 !

A game either side could have won, so a point is very fair. Thought we played very well in patches, but lacked a bit of concentration at times.

A great result all things considered. We look so at home it is frightening.

On we go.

Second half we were more like it. Almost ruined by stupid timewasting tactics at the end with sharp from the corner. Small club mentality when we had the option to knick a win from the corner as we had everyone in there.
Fleck was awsome.

Good point - nice professional fairly fought game - no rolling about and my MOTM is Declan Rice for jumping up and telling the ref NOT to book George. That’s the real man’s way to play footie - takes me back 40 or 50 years.

Putting it another way 5 points off a Champions League Place ;)

On a positive note West Ham got away with it as McGoldrick should have got 1 and Baldock could have had 2 !

They had as many chances to win it as we did. Real lack of quality up front from both teams and sloppy in midfield. I think the shocking weather played a big part in that though

The three subs all did well when they came on very good game from Lundstram as well.
Excellent away point weren't at our best but good enough for an away draw at their souless stadium.
ust wait until we get them at the Lane the last 3 meetings have all been at their place ,now it's our turn.

Good point - nice professional fairly fought game - no rolling about and my MOTM is Declan Rice for jumping up and telling the ref NOT to book George. That’s the real man’s way to play footie - takes me back 40 or 50 years.

Apart from George in the 2nd half!!

As you say though, it was a nice touch from Rice.

Back
Top Bottom