Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 26th Oct 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WHU
WHU
WHU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent result and performance on Monday against Arsenal it's time to take on London opposition once again this afternoon. This time with the trip to West Ham. After good early season form, they seem to have lost their way somewhat, particular in the last 2 league games, where they have apparently been poor. However they have a very talented squad, and an excellent manager. Question is whether they'll be up for it as much as our lads where confidence is high, and perhaps increasing. Very difficult match to predict, but their fans don't seem overly confident....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Presumably we go with what started against Arsenal?

But we do need the same options again from the the bench IMO.

I'm thinking if we match the intensity of Monday's performance we should be able to get a positive result. However can that been done to the same level so relatively soon. Knowing CW, I think so, but this is no easy game. If we score, I think it will be Mousset. But I have a feeling our defence will lead the way in this game as it were, and secure a somewhat drab 0-0. That'd do for me, and we remain unbeaten away.

Safe journey all.

UTB

Also if our midfield could actually complete a successful pass that would be great

This has been an awful first 25 mins. Can’t complete one bloody pass.

Mcgoldrick misses another one with only keeper to beat

Not sure if the conditions are having an effect but the quality of our build up play is so sloppy

Look slow and flat so far. Struggling to see what robinson gives us cos he aint that fast

Robinson just isn’t an out and out striker and neither is Didsy. The midfield are just continuously giving it away. Looking solid at the back though.

Think midfield and forwards are still on the coach on the way down the M1!
Sharpe would have burried that goal McGoldrick didnt take.

Robinson is just useless, throws his hands in the air if he doesnt get the ball and when he runs forward to a 50/50 ball he's already got the breaks on.

Subs needed from CW at half time.

Just got to factor it with mcgoldrick unfortunately we play worse in attack without him
Agreed, there's no disputing that. Unfortunately for us we have to rely on his partner to score and that person today is Callum Robinson. Marvellous. Let's hope we can keep it 0-0 until Sharp or Mousset come off the bench.

It's frightening how toothless we are up top and it'll take big money to fix it in January. At the moment we're reliant on a not yet fit player for all our goals.

I doubt Robinson and McGoldrick would get 10 between them all season.

Another good chance spurned from Didsy in the box. Thank fuck West Ham also look pretty toothless.

Apparently Robinson came out of the tunnel at the start of the match.

That was the last anybody saw of him.

Anyone else think the pitch ain't draining well.. looks so heavy. Ball just slowing down not skidding on.

Robinson now misses a sitter. Talksport cant believe the 2 he and McGoldrick have missed !

I must say I did think Robinson was faster than he actually is . Good chance for Lunny then , at least he’s getting in some good positions

And now West Ham take the lead...get some f in strikers on the pitch who know where the goal is.

Back
Top Bottom