Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 26th Oct 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WHU
WHU
WHU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent result and performance on Monday against Arsenal it's time to take on London opposition once again this afternoon. This time with the trip to West Ham. After good early season form, they seem to have lost their way somewhat, particular in the last 2 league games, where they have apparently been poor. However they have a very talented squad, and an excellent manager. Question is whether they'll be up for it as much as our lads where confidence is high, and perhaps increasing. Very difficult match to predict, but their fans don't seem overly confident....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Presumably we go with what started against Arsenal?

But we do need the same options again from the the bench IMO.

I'm thinking if we match the intensity of Monday's performance we should be able to get a positive result. However can that been done to the same level so relatively soon. Knowing CW, I think so, but this is no easy game. If we score, I think it will be Mousset. But I have a feeling our defence will lead the way in this game as it were, and secure a somewhat drab 0-0. That'd do for me, and we remain unbeaten away.

Safe journey all.

UTB

Wilder be like.. "i don't need to say anything to the lads they will be up for it"... Come out flat as fuck with a striker who looks like a boy playing against men..

Think Wilder got it wrong on this occasion

Hope he bollocks them during the break

Although McBurnie hasnt pulled up any trees he takes his chances and we know what Billy can do!! Didzy is a good link man but forwards (and number 10s) need to be able.to take a reasonable percentage of chances they get at premiership level...and he doesn't

What everyone else says. We've been poor bur still had chances but McGoldrick needs a striker to play with, Robinson is considerably slower than their defenders, and McGoldrick so how's that work?

McGoldrick was offside for his header, but probably should have scored the chance with his feet. Billy or Moose would have found a way to twist and get that in.

Robinson's header, not sure. Brushed a finger tip from the keeper but would that really make that much difference?

Generally pretty crap. Henderson has been good commanding his box, don't think you can blame him for the goal. Outfield, Lundstram has been good, had a decent chance, couple of intelligent balls and runs.

Second half, got to take Robinson off, maybe McGoldrick too. I'd put Moose or Sharp on with Freeman behind and tell Fleck to go at them.

Wish he had someone on the bench who could score goals.

What happened to that bloke who was our top scorer in 3 of the last 4 seasons?

surprised at the chances we have created considering how sloppy we have been.
Quick question I thought the flag went up before the West Ham goal, am I mistaken? Just that the keeper kicked out of his hands and I thought a offside was given?

Wish he had someone on the bench who could score goals.

What happened to that bloke who was our top scorer in 3 of the last 4 seasons?

I would have said he's not playing because he's too slow before the game, after seeing him against Arsenal where he really looked devoid of pace, but we're playing Robinson who somehow makes McGoldrick look like Leroy Sané, so get a slow striker who's threatening on.

What everyone else says. We've been poor bur still had chances but McGoldrick needs a striker to play with, Robinson is considerably slower than their defenders, and McGoldrick so how's that work?

McGoldrick was offside for his header, but probably should have scored the chance with his feet. Billy or Moose would have found a way to twist and get that in.

Robinson's header, not sure. Brushed a finger tip from the keeper but would that really make that much difference?

Generally pretty crap. Henderson has been good commanding his box, don't think you can blame him for the goal. Outfield, Lundstram has been good, had a decent chance, couple of intelligent balls and runs.

Second half, got to take Robinson off, maybe McGoldrick too. I'd put Moose or Sharp on with Freeman behind and tell Fleck to go at them.
This pop Freeman behind a striker in front of the flat 3 then one of Mouse, Sharp or McBurnie up top.

Chances were always going to be more at a premium this season but we've missed a worrying amount already.

At this point those chances are the difference between mid table and dreamland.

After a small bad run they will be the difference between staying up or going down.

We have to be realistic about finances and who we could recruit but nonetheless Robinson has been incredibly disappointing so far and I think a striker will be top of January's shopping list already despite those signed in the summer.

Did the keeper get a hand on that cross or did Robinson miss the header? Couldn't tell I'm watching a grainy German stream

I would have said he's not playing because he's too slow before the game, after seeing him against Arsenal where he really looked devoid of pace, but we're playing Robinson who somehow makes McGoldrick look like Leroy Sané, so get a slow striker who's threatening on.

You don't need pace to score goals.

He's never had pace.

1-2 win blades coming up, keep the faith . To say we have played so crap we haven't been dominated , we wont be that crap in the 2nd half ;)

Overreactions aside, we need to stop turning up away from home scared to pass the ball.

Guarantee we will come out and start playing just like at Chelsea.

Think this is the worst we have played all season, no fight, sloppy in possession and resorting to panicked hoofs for 2 slow strikers to chase.
Deserve to be losing, west ham look a lot more composed on the ball but without doing anything upfront.

Lets hope our midfield and strikers turn up in 2nd half

The defence has been very good. Bash’s header was made awkward, but why was nobody running with Snodgrass? Fucking Snodgrass again.

Robinson is so weak on the ball and gets knocked off it all the time. Off the ball he does the Scott Hogan pretend you’re going to challenge but never do it.

Plenty of time - but Robinson has to go - any of the other 3 would be better.

Another typical lazy BBC reporter who hasn't done their homework and still thinks we play long ball under Warnock.
Screenshot_20191026-155554_Chrome.jpg

Half time team talk

"Callum, this is a football. IT'S NOT ****ING EVIL!!!"

Come on now Bill, sort it out.

Norwood half cocked in midfield?

Back
Top Bottom