Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 15th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WHU
WHU
WHU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613301077006.png v. 1613301086300.png
EPL Week 24 - Monday 15th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.12.38.png

Any good online previews you can link Foxy

Must win, if only because it's Wet Sham.

Whos doing all the other work today with you being on here, your letting the volunteering side down 😀

Hopefully can nick a win. I'll go with 1-0, Billy pouncing from close range.

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Ampadu Stevens
Bogle Fleck Lundstram Osborn
Sharp McGoldrick

Good to see the gaffer with a smile on his face. Maybe the pressure's off now.
i think as the gap has got bigger each week chris has become more relaxed he knows deep down that we cant get out of this now our main aim has to be to finish 3rd bottom and beat chelsea to get to wembley and i would have a real go at stamford bridge lets go for it if we lose heavily so what were expected to lose easily anyway

So after our 6th win in 9 games, tonight we face a side that do not generally rub shoulders with the 3 team we lost to. So if we have improved, this is the tester to see just how much, and to get a positive result. I'm not very confident to be fair...

But anyway...

Any team news?

Baldock and Stevens to return?

Otherwise same starting lineup as in the cup?

Every team we think we could vaguely catch with a miracle are collecting points. It's making the improbable almost impossible, but one game at a time. I can't see us winning this though... 1-1 for me.

UTB

Wish the media dept would stop saying "Let's get it" - we have rarely got "it" this season

I believe Chris was attempting to mis-lead when he says Baldock and Stevens were back in training. Stevens might be training again but I reckon still a long way off fit enough for a match of this importance. Baldock? Hamstring? No way he's close to coming back

Ramsdale
Lundstrum Bash Egan Ampadu Osborne
Bogle Norwood Fleck
McGoldrick
Burke
Sharpe coming on as Sub

Don't want to see Brewster or Mousset anywhere near the pitch

3-0 WHU. We will sit back and play for a draw, will be another frustrating one i bet

Well with everyone around us now regularly picking up points, we need to play for a win every match now to have any chance of a miracle escape.

So I hope and assume that we will go for it tonight.

Hopefully play strikers that score or at least look like scoring. So Didsy, Billy & Burke to start. Didsy sitting just behind the front two, replacing Norwood. Bogle allowed to rove forward and Bash encouraged to go on some runs.

I'd sooner give it a bloody good go and lose comprehensively than play defensively and lose by the odd goal, as per.

They must be going for it as there is something to play for, ie not being bottom anymore.

This will either be one of those games where we realise just how far away from being a PL side we are where we give them something early on and then they just piss about with us all game without actually having to try ( like versus Wolves, Leicester, Southampton, Chelsea, Spurs, Palace, Arsenal) or we can roll our sleeves up and give them a game and hopefully nick a win.

I know what my money would be on.

Game for Burke tonight i'd say. Not sure Sharp will get any change from their CBs.

I'm expecting a comfortable home win 2 or 3 nil

My Hammers supporting mate reckons
1-2 and Billy will score!

I doubt it somehow as I don't think we'll get a penalty 🤨

Well with everyone around us now regularly picking up points, we need to play for a win every match now to have any chance of a miracle escape.

So I hope and assume that we will go for it tonight.

Hopefully play strikers that score or at least look like scoring. So Didsy, Billy & Burke to start. Didsy sitting just behind the front two, replacing Norwood. Bogle allowed to rove forward and Bash encouraged to go on some runs.

I'd sooner give it a bloody good go and lose comprehensively than play defensively and lose by the odd goal, as per.
I would f**king love to see Didsy, Billy and Burke start tonight. Could be the best 3-man combo since Boggis, Bunce and Bean.

Back
Top Bottom