Warnock & Huddersfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Same here. Ideally, Rotherham and Hudders stay up. Fuck Reading with their shiny plastic stadium and shit fans. They used to get 3-4k at Elm Park in Div 3.

Okay Hudders also have a relatively new stadium but their old place was decent too. Anyone who was there will never forget the day when dozens of Blades climbed up their floodlight.

I don't really get the hatred for Warnock. Okay, he was probably guilty of dodgy practices back in the day, but he wasn't alone. Football was a different game back then.

Don't really have a problem with warnock, but I thought that his constant going after the referees while he was with us cost us a lot of decisions..

The "greatest fans" line is a bit cringe as well..

Big Warnock fan. Great guy on a personal level and a master thespian when he plays his football manager alter ego. He gets the media fixated on him, deliberately says things to boil people's piss, in so doing taking all the pressure of the football club on his own shoulders. His players unburdened go on the pitch and run through brick walls for the guy who they know protects them in public. His role in Boro vs Udders should've earned him a Golden Globe. Classic Warnock brilliance

His teams hardly ever get outworked or beaten on what should be the non negotiables. It is very easy for fans of the clubs to get behind him, as you never feel like the players are mugging you off. I can say first hand that his teams were desperate to win every week and were as pissed off as me when we didn't. That's most of the battle - especially outside the Premier League.

Having said that out of Huddersfield, Reading and Rotherham I'd rather Rotherham stay up. Then Huddersfield. Reading are a boring, non club with a plastic ground in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to never have to visit it again. Rotherham staying up and Wendy staying down would also be great comedy to round the season off.
I couldn’t have put it better myself. I’m still a big fan of Neil (and Chris, and Harry). Big personalities and gave Blades some of the best times.

Also, son ‘in-law’ is a lovely lad and an Udders fan so that’s an extra reason to hope they stay up (but ideally not at the expense of the Millers).

I always want a ‘Sheffield’ win of course (as the other lot, hopefully, continue their descent into obscurity), but if we are going to drop points then I won’t be too bothered if it is the next game.

Rotherham should be able to get a point at Wigan next week if they slip up against Middlesboro , but to give them extra help , beating Hudders would help , making them need a point to survive ,if the Millers slip up both games .

Easy. We win at Hudds. They then beat or draw with Reading sending them down.

Rotherham will win I reckon today as Boro will rest a load more.

Nothing wrong with being professional but Warnock has never been the Blade that some make him out to be.

I've no problem with his teams trying to beat us, that's how it should be. I've no problem with people appreciating the job he did for us.

What I do have a problem with is people making out he's some huge Blade. Utter bollocks.

No proper Blade would sit in a room full of other Unitedites and when asked how sad he was at us dropping into League 1, produce a sickly smug grin and say, "I couldn't give a fucking shit"
When did he do that?

Don’t give two fucks about Huddersfield as a place or a club. (Playoffs was our fault not theirs. I can’t hold it against a nothing club for us not being able to take a penalty).
Warnock is an embarrassment now but only to himself, not us so much.
So I want to stuff them on Thursday cos it’s a football match.
I’d trade a win to be there to see Billy score but most of all I want to show my appreciation for the lads cos it’ll be my last time seeing them this season, especially Bash, Fleck and all the lads who might not be with us next season. I know we’ve all got frustrated with some of them this year but now we’ve got over the finishing line, a bit of perceptive has kicked in and we can appreciate what they’ve given us.

We saw how this team played on Saturday, when unshackled by the burden of securing promotion.

IMO, they are just going to enjoy hammering people, whilst they still have the chance.

Prepare yourself big gob.

Maybe a bit of a bizarre viewpoint but I actually prefer Warnock as the manager of other teams rather than my own. He’s amusing when he’s ranting as someone else’s manager but embarrassing as your own.
I think when he's doing jobs like he is now you can enjoy what he does well without remembering how shit the bad times were under him. He was with us long enough we saw it all. His accumulation of God awful signings (especially forwards), the moaning about everything that didn't go his way, threatening to leave mid promotion season to get himself a better contract, the turgid hoofball when things weren't working.

Watching him take over a team that had no hope and turn them around in a short space of time...you can only admire him for that.

Mixed feelings doesn't cover it.

Kin ell lads, what did we ever do to you!

Well he got us up, eventually. But there was plenty of shite along the way and it always felt like the Warnock show. I spent most of the time he was here feeling embarrassed by his antics on the sidelines tbh.

Since he left he seems to have enjoyed rubbing our noses in it whenever his latest team has turned us over and his Carrick comments are not even surprising.

Don't get me wrong, he's a terrific manager, but he's also a nauseating gobshite who deserves (and fully asks for) getting knocked down a peg or two from time to time.

Problem is warnock seems to be retiring more times than kwikfit... (re tyring... sorry, been a long morning).

Best would be for Blades to score 5 or 6. Billy to get a goal and give warnock a clap for what he has done in the past.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a job next season with Premier league side in a relagation battle and we have the same conversation all over again

Wasn't the Crystal Palace job [first spell] supposed to be his last in football management?

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a job next season with Premier league side in a relagation battle and we have the same conversation all over again
He tends not to get PL jobs. Unsurprising given his top flight record.

I'll be there Thursday and just hope there's no nauseating Warnock fanboys happy for us to lose and help him out.

Same here. Ideally, Rotherham and Hudders stay up. Fuck Reading with their shiny plastic stadium and shit fans. They used to get 3-4k at Elm Park in Div 3.

Okay Hudders also have a relatively new stadium but their old place was decent too. Anyone who was there will never forget the day when dozens of Blades climbed up their floodlight.

I don't really get the hatred for Warnock. Okay, he was probably guilty of dodgy practices back in the day, but he wasn't alone. Football was a different game back then.

I’m struggling to understand the logic of wanting Reading to go down because of the stadium, when Huddersfield’s stadium is only a few years older and Rotherham’s was built about 15 years after.

Surely you want Rotherham to go down as they have the most shiny and plastic stadium of the three? 🤣

Just a reminder of what Warnock said after they beat ‘Boro (and we beat Norwich):

“I want them to go up now that Michael is here. He’s done absolutely fabulous by putting his arm around them. I told him we’ve still got Sheffield United to play.”

Yes, we do play still have to play don’t we Neil.

Not that I’m particularly bothered about Reading staying up but I can’t help but think there might be some joy in smashing Huddersfield on Thursday given Warnock’s comments. Hopefully it gives some motivation to travelling fans too.
Those comments from Warnock surprised me a little; even for Warnock. He is someone though who lives in the moment and says stuff just for that time, whether he gets lost in the moment or whether there's more thought that goes onto it I'm not sure.

However his comments on Hudders playing Boro and him trying to do them a favour, or at least that's how it came across to me, annoyed me if I'm honest. He knows as everyone does that he has a connection (that's all I'll call it) with United from his time as manager and then he's coming out with comments like that. But it is Warnock and as I say he's probably got carried away with the moment and loves sucking up to his old clubs. Then it was Boro, and I fully expect he'll come out with a load of positive Blades comments pre-match before Thursday no doubt saying how great it is for United to be in the PL, Paul's done a fantastic job, and I wouldn't be surprised if he says as a Blade he's over the moon we're up! I really hope we smash Huddersfield to be honest and that's nothing against Huddersfield, but Warnock can do one as far as I'm concerned. I thought at the time his support of United was genuine, I think at the time he was just telling us what we wanted to hear. He comes out with so much crap and I doubt he's at all bothered we went up despite what he will say pre-match.

Wilder on the other hand, ok he divides opinion on how he left etc, but he's certainly a genuine fan of the club, there's no doubt about that in my view.

I’m struggling to understand the logic of wanting Reading to go down because of the stadium, when Huddersfield’s stadium is only a few years older and Rotherham’s was built about 15 years after.

Surely you want Rotherham to go down as they have the most shiny and plastic stadium of the three? 🤣
No, because Rotherham are Rotherham!

Kin ell lads, what did we ever do to you!

No problem with you personally. Thought you were robbed at Wembley last year.

Warnock I admire for some of the jobs he's done and no question he's one of the best Championship managers ever.

I liked much of what he did here but he also dragged our name through the mud at times with his antics. I much preferred Wilder's approach to referees snd think it stood us in much better stead.

I'm not a fan of Warnock's character or anyone like that tbh.

He's full of himself too often and behaves like a spoilt child when things don't go his way.

When he was our manager I worked with close relatives of our Chief Executive and one of our coaches. I'll not drop anyone in it but let's just say they weren't fans of his to say the least.

If he keeps you up I'll acknowledge another good piece of firefighting from him. If not, I'll not care less that he ends his career with relegation.

Despite some great times under him, he still falls behind Bassett, Wilder, and now Hecky on my list.

I like Warnock. He's part of our folklore and history and the helter-skelter, you-can-never-close-your-eyes carcrash that is Sheffield United. And he is a Blade, when all the mythology is done. We have had some fucking great times under him and outside of football on a personal level, he's a nice bloke with a giant heart. We've had worse managers, don't forget ...

However ...

I hope we fucking paste Huddersfield. We owe them for the Playoff Final.

pommpey

If you get chance to dig out some of the stories from the Caribbean Tour, do so. Always enjoy reading those!

I absolutely want us to smash them (then hope they beat Reading), but having seen their recent games they look incredibly motivated and dangerous opponents.

It irks me that Uncle Neil has them playing this way when he couldn’t stop us freezing rigid against Wigan in 2007.

Weerze Colin gonna end up next season after January to try and save a club from relegation answers on a post card ?
Please don’t start with sufc !!

Back
Top Bottom