Warnock & Huddersfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m afraid I might be in the minority here but Warnock is a great character for football and his success with struggling clubs really ought to have been rewarded with some honour for services to football. Still enjoyable to listen to and it was great to see him being applauded by all sections of the support today. Nothing against Huddersfield either, hopefully the Millers will get something tomorrow and neither will go down.

Warnock is a narcissist..... Period. Everywhere he goes... Same old shit.... Best set of players... Best club... Best fans. I'm sure he's got alzheimers.....I hope the Blades play them off the park...i don't think they will go down but i don't care.... We win there and I can't wait for the post match presser from the bloke whose had more botox than is good for anyone....

I really don’t believe he’s anti Wednesday, if the opportunity to manage Wednesday had arisen and it was best for Neil Warnock, he wouldn’t taken it without a second thought.
Probably in a Cloughie going to Leeds sort of way.

With Neil, it all depends on who he’s talking to at the time, he is the ultimate schmoozer and if he wasn’t in football he’d be a cracking snake-oil salesman As sure as eggs is eggs, he’ll be telling Hecky that he’s one of the best managers to manage his beloved Blades since himself.

Warnock loves to make everything about himself. He could well be viewing this thread whilst enjoying a crafty tug.

For pasting Middlesbrough and breaking their spirit, he can say what he likes.

He is a narcissist, he’s mad, but he does love the Blades and it clearly hurt him deeply the way things ended with us. Plus he hates Wednesday.

I’ll always be Wilder over Warnock, but I think Thursday would be a nice moment to say thanks (especially for beating Boro) and goodbye from the Blades

If we win at Huddersfield on Thursday which I believe we will then Warnock will be in exactly the same position when we played Wigan at home in 2007. 3 points in front of Reading,a point keeps them up,similar goal difference.
A Reading win could send Huddersfield down depending on Rotherham.
And even if he does keep them up its only cos Reading were deducted 6 points. & not because he performed a miracle escape act.

With Neil, it all depends on who he’s talking to at the time, he is the ultimate schmoozer and if he wasn’t in football he’d be a cracking snake-oil salesman As sure as eggs is eggs, he’ll be telling Hecky that he’s one of the best managers to manage his beloved Blades since himself.
Always strikes me as a used car salesman.

Well I want revenge over Hudds regardless of the Warnock connection or them being from Yorkshire (Not being Pigs or Weeds). Hopefully Simmonson's ball comes down from orbit and lands in their net in the 90th min and sends them down.

Saying that though,
I've never liked Reading, they were to us like Norwich are now. Rivals. Had some close seasons. Funny when we beat them earlier in season and they were top of the league, dreaming big. Now look.

I like Warnock. He's part of our folklore and history and the helter-skelter, you-can-never-close-your-eyes carcrash that is Sheffield United. And he is a Blade, when all the mythology is done. We have had some fucking great times under him and outside of football on a personal level, he's a nice bloke with a giant heart. We've had worse managers, don't forget ...

However ...

I hope we fucking paste Huddersfield. We owe them for the Playoff Final.

pommpey

I hope we thrash Huddersfield if only to make it a last game shoot out with Reading which by the way could help Rotherham out meaning they would only need a point from two games to avoid the drop.
I couldn't care less which one of Reading or Huddersfield go down if Rotherham stay up. I think I would like it to be Colin's best set of lads ever to take the drop although that is looking unlikely.

Don't underestimate the importance and impact the Warnock years had on Sheffield United FC. During those years our fan base picked up and our core fanbase increased.
Dispite the sour separation, he left the club in a much better state than when he joined us.

Just a reminder of what Warnock said after they beat ‘Boro (and we beat Norwich):

“I want them to go up now that Michael is here. He’s done absolutely fabulous by putting his arm around them. I told him we’ve still got Sheffield United to play.”

Yes, we do play still have to play don’t we Neil.

Not that I’m particularly bothered about Reading staying up but I can’t help but think there might be some joy in smashing Huddersfield on Thursday given Warnock’s comments. Hopefully it gives some motivation to travelling fans too.
EC451384-A439-447B-946D-0889934F4D8A.jpeg
So it’s a nailed on 2-1 home win.

I don't mind being called Sheffield as it reminds everyone there's only really only one team that matters in Sheffield. If I ever tell anyone in Australia where I'm from and they like football they'll always immediately assume I follow Sheffield United as the filth have done fuck all for decades.
Thats how i look at it
It must be a dagger in the heart to our mouthy neighbouts every time someone says it

My opinion is fairly mixed on NW.

Master motivator rather than a master tactician. Some of those old YouTube clips make me want to dig the boots out again.

We had one of the best periods in my time under him.

But…..

It always has been and always will be all about Neil Warnock, it’s wired into him. I’ve always sensed an underlying bitterness within him when it comes to us. Not many people will know what was said at the time he left, maybe the bitterness was justified, but it’s not a good luck. I also detect some bitterness when he talks about CW and Boro.

It’s a shame because generally speaking, a Neil Warnock interview is a decent watch, and he has honed shithousing to a fine art.

To help satisfy all or at least most we could win them and then let them win on the last day of the season sending Reading down and Huddersfield and Rotherham staying up

We randomly have a pretty atrocious record v Huddersfield. Be nice to put a bit of a debt in that

I’d like to see Reading somehow stay up. But I can’t see it.
A few seasons ago they beat Leeds and then came to celebrate with us. Good bunch of fans. We will remember that.

I like Warnock and think the game would be duller without him. Yes, he loves the sound of his own voice (that commentary he did vs QPR was infuriating), but overall I find him amusing and think he's one of, if not the best at what he does in the championship. Plus the Warnock years were my childhood and when I fell in love with united.

However that being said I hope we paste Huddersfield on Thursday because I hope we paste every team we play.

Last edited:

Big Warnock fan. Great guy on a personal level and a master thespian when he plays his football manager alter ego. He gets the media fixated on him, deliberately says things to boil people's piss, in so doing taking all the pressure of the football club on his own shoulders. His players unburdened go on the pitch and run through brick walls for the guy who they know protects them in public. His role in Boro vs Udders should've earned him a Golden Globe. Classic Warnock brilliance

His teams hardly ever get outworked or beaten on what should be the non negotiables. It is very easy for fans of the clubs to get behind him, as you rarely feel like the players are mugging you off. I can say first hand that his teams were desperate to win every week and were as pissed off as me when we didn't. That's most of the battle - especially outside the Premier League.

Having said that out of Huddersfield, Reading and Rotherham I'd rather Rotherham stay up. Then Huddersfield. Reading are a boring, non descript club with a plastic ground in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to never have to visit it again. Rotherham staying up and Wendy staying down would also be great comedy to round the season off.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom