Vinnie Jones on Billy Whitehurst….

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Billy Whitehurst, evil?

Did he mouth off about the government spending more money on refugees, while making use of offshore tax shelters to avoid paying for any of it?

No wonder the MOTD wimps didn't include him. Billy and Mick Hartford were in a league of their own.
Add Dunc Ferguson in to that and you may have the top 3.

Be a hell of a Ruck wi them 3 !!!

UTB

Those Sunday afternoons in the Cricks were great when he was in a good mood and telling his stories.
We used to go in the cricks when Billy & Eric had it,Friday Saturday and Sunday brilliant craic with everyone that went in good old days...

We used to go in the cricks when Billy & Eric had it,Friday Saturday and Sunday brilliant craic with everyone that went in good old days...
Not sure the old fella in on their last night agreed

In the interview on Talksport he revealed one of his secrets of scrapping
and he said he used it against the Wednesday fan.

He said you chat with them in a calm friendly matter trying to defuse the situation.
Then you can catch them off guard, said if he gets the 1st clean punch in….then he always fancies his chances.
He talked about trouble in a Newcastle night club…where he was stabbed and CS gassed.

Billy mentioned Harford as someone in his era you didn’t mess with.
Mick Hartford wasn’t dirty like Whitehurst
but Hartford could be kicked and elbowed and never flinched as though he didn’t feel pain….he also had this menacing stare.
Saw him walking the dog in Harpenden once - he’s a big fucker too. 😀

I recall him biting part of a bouncers ear off in Thurnscoe WM club many years ago 🥴

So your personal experience is the measure of who should be the victim of a violent assault?
Are you assuming that someone calling Billy Whitehurst a "galactic level prick" to his face would result in a violent assault?

Didn’t Whitehurst race whippets or greyhounds? Used to force Frenchy to assess them before they raced.
He definitely had greyhounds. Not sure he regularly got Derek French to assess them but if you watch the Paul Beesley episode of Undr The Cosh, he tells a great story of when Billy brought his greyhound into the treatment room at the ground because it was injured.

I don't think it's mentioned anywhere but I'm pretty sure that Whitehurst ended up being team manager of Frickley Athletic for a while.

I have no idea what that must have been like - it could go one of two ways - but I think it would maybe rank high in the history of managers you probably wouldn't want to play for.

Memory - fallible as it is, says he left that in controversial fashion, and I'd just hope someone else knows about that for certain, because the reasons for it are not exactly pleasant.

And what determines that?
I would say others that are also of the same ilk. Anyone who has played football at any level knows who these people are. Had one on my team who thought he was the dogs do dars - came up against someone who had bigger dogs do dars. You play the game, you get called out.
Some people are offended by many different things. You can't pretend it doesn't happen, just how you react.

Didn't he used to enjoy pushing out a log in the player's bath and threaten anyone that tried to get out?

All round lovely chap

I don't think it's mentioned anywhere but I'm pretty sure that Whitehurst ended up being team manager of Frickley Athletic for a while.

I have no idea what that must have been like - it could go one of two ways - but I think it would maybe rank high in the history of managers you probably wouldn't want to play for.

Memory - fallible as it is, says he left that in controversial fashion, and I'd just hope someone else knows about that for certain, because the reasons for it are not exactly pleasant.
I may be slightly off as it's years ago but I think he was Asst Manager at Frickley and lasted two minutes after punching someone from the opposition bench.

I've been at a couple of functions at the Lane over the years when he's been there. What was telling imho is that on both occasions none of his former team mates wanted much to do with him. Whilst the other players mixed with each other, BW spent most of the time with his own friends. On a couple of occasions the players he did try to talk to, couldn't wait to get away.

His behaviour and that of one or two of his pals on both nights wasn't funny, more pathetic. Coppers were called after we left on the first occasion. He helped to spoil part of the night by intimidating the comic and as I understand kicked something off after we'd gone.

He's a player who back in the day you enjoyed having on your side to intimidate but away from that I've not seen anything to romanticise about.

It's one thing being a hard nut but my experience of him was also largely that of a big bully to people who were never going to fight him, either through inclination or ability.

If it did it would merely confirm that Billy Whitehurst was, indeed, a galactic level prick.
I'd suggest that if you went round calling people a galactic level prick to their face, sooner or later you'd get stotted. Possibly even with some justification.

BW possibly was a bully showing who was top dog Vinny was the same it all depends how you use those qualities theyre no different to what other teams had if you listen to under the cosh Mick Hartford was on also Matt Elliott all with a story or 2 of disrepute nowadays Wags throw insults at each other over Twitter and go to court to settle Billy Whitehurst et al settled it on the pitch and sometimes off it but on the whole out of the public eye.

Back then getting an advantage over a player was via intimidation, think BW, Vinny Jones, Keane, Viera, Keown jumping all over Nistelrooy having psyched him out

Now days the hard man image has gone, getting an advantage now is dangling a leg to con a pen, or throwing yourself on the floor to get a free kick

If one day some matrix style time meshing takes place, and puts Whitehurst in a game against Grealish, Antony or Bruno Fernandes Ill pay full whack for a front row seat

I'd suggest that if you went round calling people a galactic level prick to their face, sooner or later you'd get stotted. Possibly even with some justification.
I’m a grown up. Going around calling someone a galactic level prick isn’t something I would do.

But if someone did then “slotting” them isn’t the way a normal grown up would respond. Only someone who wanted to prove that they were a galactic level prick.

Either that, or mentally ill, which wouldn’t be their fault, of course. But if they were behaving like that they shouldn’t be out in public.

I’m a grown up. Going around calling someone a galactic level prick isn’t something I would do.

But if someone did then “slotting” them isn’t the way a normal grown up would respond. Only someone who wanted to prove that they were a galactic level prick.

Either that, or mentally ill, which wouldn’t be their fault, of course. But if they were behaving like that they shouldn’t be out in public.
Likewise……but I’d still love to see the aforementioned poster call Billy Whitehurst a galactic level prick to his face.😊

good times,remember my daft ,old and very drunk uncle asking Billy why he"d still got Chistmas decorations up in April,to a silent bar,Billy smirked and told him to fuck off.One friday London rd pub crawl ended up in cricks before Indian,got round in before bell,mate asked Billy after bell any chance of another,no prob he says,locks doors and did his bar work,time for food,asks to let us out.No fucking chance,2 more rounds and i"ll think about it.Indian closed when he let ue go.

I may be slightly off as it's years ago but I think he was Asst Manager at Frickley and lasted two minutes after punching someone from the opposition bench.

I've been at a couple of functions at the Lane over the years when he's been there. What was telling imho is that on both occasions none of his former team mates wanted much to do with him. Whilst the other players mixed with each other, BW spent most of the time with his own friends. On a couple of occasions the players he did try to talk to, couldn't wait to get away.

His behaviour and that of one or two of his pals on both nights wasn't funny, more pathetic. Coppers were called after we left on the first occasion. He helped to spoil part of the night by intimidating the comic and as I understand kicked something off after we'd gone.

He's a player who back in the day you enjoyed having on your side to intimidate but away from that I've not seen anything to romanticise about.

It's one thing being a hard nut but my experience of him was also largely that of a big bully to people who were never going to fight him, either through inclination or ability.
while we probably all enjoy the stories of him bullying some of the most notable “hard men” in football that’s all he seems to be..a bully.

Morgs, for example was hard as nails but a proper leader and captain and seems like a decent bloke. You’d love to go for a pint with him. Can’t think of anything worse than spending any time with somebody like Whitehurst.

while we probably all enjoy the stories of him bullying some of the most notable “hard men” in football that’s all he seems to be..a bully.

Morgs, for example was hard as nails but a proper leader and captain and seems like a decent bloke. You’d love to go for a pint with him. Can’t think of anything worse than spending any time with somebody like Whitehurst.
Agreed - I love to hear the stories but he sounds really unpleasant.

If it did it would merely confirm that Billy Whitehurst was, indeed, a galactic level prick.

You go and tell him he's a galactic level prick, but before you do call the missus, and the dentist...

Doesn't matter what he is or isn't, you insult any man of that frame, you can expect a reaction.. I've done it and got hospitalised, my now "late" dad told me one day I'd meet somebody bigger and harder, and he was spot on..

I know times have changed, and men now have a caring side, don't over react easily to provocation, I don't want the missus to have a reason to fucking slate me, in my case, oh fucking grow up! She says..

But calling a big fucker with hands of stone who's dragged himself up out of poverty a galactic level prick, crack on son, cause I'm not 🤣🤣

You go and tell him he's a galactic level prick, but before you do call the missus, and the dentist...

Doesn't matter what he is or isn't, you insult any man of that frame, you can expect a reaction.. I've done it and got hospitalised, my now "late" dad told me one day I'd meet somebody bigger and harder, and he was spot on..

I know times have changed, and men now have a caring side, don't over react easily to provocation, I don't want the missus to have a reason to fucking slate me, in my case, oh fucking grow up! She says..

But calling a big fucker with hands of stone who's dragged himself up out of poverty a galactic level prick, crack on son, cause I'm not 🤣🤣
Might be an idea to read the whole thread before responding? It’s not something I would do.

But even so, inflicting ABH or GBH on someone for an insult is not something that any well adjusted person would admire.

Might be an idea to read the whole thread before responding? It’s not something I would do.

But even so, inflicting ABH or GBH on someone for an insult is not something that any well adjusted person would admire.
Wish I was perfect

Back
Top Bottom