Q & A with former Blade Vinnie Jones

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade

Reaction score
My fellow Blades.

I will be hosting a LIVE 'Q & A with Vinnie Jones' on Tuesday 26th Jan at 6pm, it's free and I'd love it if you could join and ask him questions in the chat section on Facebook, I'll pose them to him, anything Sheffield United related or about his films would be grand.

LIVE on the FB page for BFBS Radio: https://www.facebook.com/BFBSRadio

Full Details: https://www.forces.net/quizvinnie

It'd be interesting to hear if he knew Wilder well back in the day, and if he has any memories of him. Wikipedia reckons they were at United at the same time although Wilder might have been out on loan around then.

What were the most profound cultural and political effects of the failed Athenian invasion of Syracuse in 413 bc and Athens' subsequent usurpation by Sparta and the Persian hegemony which followed?

Is it "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch"?

7d6.gif

I recall you being disrespectful about us after you left, saying our fans weren’t as passionate as those at other clubs you played for. Do you regret talking absolute bollocks?

Not exactly true, he said he was glad to get out of Sheffield because he was targeted by fans of both sides when he went out anywhere.

I think during his time at United our fans were absolutely bonkers, before they made it illegal in Sheffield to actually support the team

What were the most profound cultural and political effects of the failed Athenian invasion of Syracuse in 413 bc and Athens' subsequent usurpation by Sparta and the Persian hegemony which followed?
Shame he wasn’t in Football Factory, I could’ve done a Dorian joke.

Can you remember someone shouting “Oi rentboy” when you retrieved a ball for a throw in at Bramall lane, when you played for Leeds.
how did that make you feel?
doyou have anger management issues still.

Tell him Tamer Hassan is on the stream and watch him shit himself.

It'd be interesting to hear if he knew Wilder well back in the day, and if he has any memories of him. Wikipedia reckons they were at United at the same time although Wilder might have been out on loan around then.
Must have trained and probably played together.

Without checking the Internet I remember Wilder playing in the first win against Forest in December and didn't Vinnie sign in August/September time

I got a Persian tattoo.

Vinny will get a lot of shit from SUFC fans, some deserved, some not, and the comments in his autobiography were disappointing.

But he was a limited footballer who made the best of his lot. On talent alone by rights he would have hovered between tiers 2 and 3. That he spent most of his time in Tier 1 an won the FACup with Wimbledon says a great deal. He was very much a player of his time, able to thrive in an era that tended to value a hard man playing an agricultural style far more than today, but that's not Vinny's fault.

I am also as sure as I can be that in that miraculous 90-91 season we would not have survived relegation without him in the squad. He also, when I was a mascot, walzed into the dressing room with a fake moustache and introduced homself in a terrible French accent as Monsiour Vinny which made a group of nervous kids laugh and relax which was a litte gesture that I've never forgotten.

Appreciate tthere's no question here but just wanted to give a bit of balance!

A few years ago I saw Vinnie's autobiography (my life) in a charity shop and as it was cheap I bought it. I found it an interesting read, especially as most of it seemed to be his own words! The sections about his wife's poor health and subsequent heart transplant were quite moving.

I found this quote from his time at Bramall Lane:-

"Overall, my season at Bramall Lane was a fairly depressing experience. We were losing a lot of games and I was being made man of the match on a regular basis just for having a go. I was back to the brawn and aggression and the bookings were flying again right, left and centre. There were spells where the players didn't dare even go into town because of the bad reaction from the fans."

Ask him if he can remember 8 thousand blades singing what a waste of moneh Stamford Bridge 91 lost 1-0 ...Giving peacock ?
Pigs hammered at arsenal same day ??
Ask him if he can remember me standing outside the shed singing SHEFFIELD UNITED...
I thought i was bullet proof at 20 😃😃
On a serious note hes had some shit to deal with
Losing his wife etc ....He seems to have grown up these days

Back
Top Bottom