Vinicius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Hecky didn’t want him, then he might be reluctant to play him
Well if that was true shows what a shit manager he is. I don’t think it’s true for one minute though, you play who is capable of doing a job for you regardless whose decision it was to sign him. Hecky after watching him for the u23s and in training clearly thought he wasn’t good enough. Wilder has seen enough already to think I’ve no problem sticking him in.

Still poor in possession he dithers way too much.

Another player where people seem ‘entrenched’ with their opinion. I’ve warmed to him slightly (in as much as I thought he was awful and now I think he’s not that bad) but he really does stunt out attacks too much still and looks quite immobile. Is definitely helped by having legs beside him rather than Norwood and fleck though!

Still poor in possession he dithers way too much.

Another player where people seem ‘entrenched’ with their opinion. I’ve warmed to him slightly (in as much as I thought he was awful and now I think he’s not that bad) but he really does stunt out attacks too much still and looks quite immobile. Is definitely helped by having legs beside him rather than Norwood and fleck though!
I reckon his heat map today may prove the immobile comment false

really ???

not a fan played very well wednesday today not so good
but im big enough to eat humble pie if he proves me wrong
good bit of passion when he came over to south stand though so....

Probably could have done without that Brentford player nearly breaking his leg. :mad:

I have stated him and being a big critic of his.

I thought he was decent against Liverpool but today he really stepped up and was MoM for me!

He read situations so much quicker than those around him today. Once again there were times when he was doing someone else’s job because they were out of position or ball watching. Mostly Hamer today. Good Defensive midfielder. Pity he’s not really mobile enough for the premiership.

Smug mode...engaged

It's nice that someone else [Bergen Blade] shares my views on Souza. He's in the Berge mould in a way; he's got the stamina but he's got a relatively low acceleration and large turning circle so he looks behind the play in the wider roles. Put him in the central berth as a blocker, breaking up play, recovering the ball, getting stuck in and we will see a very different player to the one who looks a little lost in the wider role he's been asked to perform.

We signed an £8m defensive midfielder but we're playing him in the box-to-box RCM role.

He's definitely making it hard to defend him at times. Most I can say is some of the times our players are getting caught on the ball I'm looking around and wondering why other players aren't screaming for it. There was one today where Souza gets the ball in our third, his back to goal, and players available, and then someone goes through the back of him and nicks it. Might be his fault for being careless but there's also a responsibility on others player to be yelling "Man on" and calling for the ball themselves. Instead our players get the ball and heads are down not wanting the responsibility.
Tooting my own horn a bit but it's amazing how much better our midfielders look on the ball when the team around them are making themselves available.

Not done too bad today, was better last Wednesday against Liverpool
Needs to up his thought speed process and his playing speed.
Hopefully it will come.
It’s up to him to make the step up, to make a proper premiership midfield general.

Potential Icon and most important signing we have made since Norwood IMO. Hope he dyes his hair like Dennis Rodman 🤣 ⚔️

i just think souza like a few more of our players needed a strong no nonsense manager and wilder fits that bill

i just think souza like a few more of our players needed a strong no nonsense manager and wilder fits that bill
Good point, that is only part of it though. It is also having both Hamer and Souza both in CM roles. Both are complementing each other. Both are quite alert to movement an threats. When Norwood plays its not as cohesive as he drops deep to receive the ball and likes to swing a pass to either wing. But when it comes to defending Norwood is a strainer man and ball get past him easily.

Whether he has any technical ability is neither here nor there the guy is slow, has no awareness of what is happening around him which leads him to continually getting caught on the ball or misplacing a hurried pass. He's a steaming pile of bobbar.
I posted the above a few weeks ago what a change over the last two games looks like Wilder has instantly sussed out how to play him. Solid as a rock today despite someone trying to break his leg.

I posted the above a few weeks ago what a change over the last two games looks like Wilder has instantly sussed out how to play him. Solid as a rock today despite someone trying to break his leg.

How the hell was that not a red card?!

He was all over the park today.... remember, a Brazilian in Sheffield, hard to adjust from the beaches of Rio.

He started slowly this season but Wilder seems to have gotten his confidence up. The whole team's level of confidence has gone up.

Let's look forward and I think Vinni S will be a major cult player for us.. If we go down, he will untouchable in the Championship!

toledo

id lost my patience with him last week after weeks of advocating norwood making way for a midfield pairing of souza and hamer

why hecky was persisting with norwood only he will know but we seem to have turned a corner and souza along with the rest of the team is growing in confidence and showing us what he can do

Back
Top Bottom